Customer Discussions > Maeve Binchy forum

New Book?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 17, 2009 2:36:22 PM PDT
CSS says:
Hello Maeve - I feel as if you are an old friend after reading all of your books. I look forward to more of your wonderful stories! Please keep writing.

Carolyn (Arizona)

Posted on Aug 23, 2009 6:45:35 PM PDT
Dear Maeve,

I have read every book you have written but my very favorite one is Evening Class. Never have I read a novel where the characters are so interwoven with their stories and each other. And am so happy that those same characters appear (at least some of them do) in your later novels-----as Signora and her husband receive treatment at the heart clinic. Scarlett Feather is another masterpiece. Kudos to you and when may we expect the latest effort?

Jackie (Pennsylvania)

Posted on Feb 12, 2010 8:23:39 AM PST
I have read every Maeve Binchy book published. PLEASE keep them coming!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 23, 2010 6:54:17 AM PDT
Tina Marie says:
I feel the same way as does my mother, we have read all of Maeve's books, love all of them and all the characters, and when we see the same character from another book pop up, it is like running into an old friend. Thanks Maeve and keep writing!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 23, 2010 6:55:12 AM PDT
Tina Marie says:
I feel the same way as does my mother, we have read all of Maeve's books, love all of them and all the characters, and when we see the same character from another book pop up, it is like running into an old friend. Thanks Maeve and keep writing!

Posted on Jan 16, 2011 3:38:49 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2011 3:39:47 PM PST
The characters that you develop are more than 1 dimensional. There is usually no acute trauma, just the every day lives of people we know and like. Thank you for being so consistent in your characterizations.

Posted on Jan 8, 2012 1:15:45 PM PST
I thought I had read all of Maeve's books until I recently got a book for Christmas shipped from Dublin, I was so excited. I too, love her books and have quite a collection. I can't wait for the next book!

Posted on Aug 24, 2012 10:08:06 PM PDT
Barbara says:
I love every book you have written and I check constantly for a new one. reading your books led me to other Irish writers which are pretty good also but not Maeve Binchy. My first one was Circle of Friends and I was hooked. Thank you for the pleasure of reading a fine book.

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 3:52:22 PM PST
PatriotUSA says:
Is there an order in which Mrs. Binchy's books should be read, e.g. if one has not read any yet? Are any of them related, e.g. with the same characters?

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 4:01:11 PM PST
Yes some books have the same characters. I read them in order and happy that
I did. I absolutely love her books.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2013 3:11:03 PM PST
PatriotUSA says:
Thank you! Which book should I read first? If you have time, would you please list the books in order (or send a link)?

Posted on Feb 2, 2013 3:28:35 PM PST
I believe "Circle of friends" was the first one that was published in the US. She had written short stories and other writings before this book. It was agreat book, I read it twice

Posted on Feb 2, 2013 3:32:59 PM PST
Sorry, I should of looked this up before I answered you. Light a penny candle, echoes, firefly summer and silver wedding were before circle of friends, sorry
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Maeve Binchy forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Jul 17, 2009
Latest post:  Feb 2, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions