Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Indie for the Holidays in Prime Music Outdoor Deals on HTL
Customer Discussions > Pearl S. Buck forum

It is about time to have Pearl in Kindle

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 11, 2010 5:28:15 PM PDT
A. Steppes says:
I am amazed that, as of today, I can't have any book of hers in Kindle edition. Not even the newest book about her is on Kindle. why is this?

Posted on May 18, 2010 5:19:31 PM PDT
Bonny Link says:
I agree. Her writings are classic.

Posted on May 24, 2010 6:43:05 AM PDT
JEC says:
Her family owns the rights to her publications. All Amazon has to do is talk to them. When they figure out that people who already own hard-cover or paper back versions will buy the book yet again if it's offered in digital form, I think they'll agree.

Posted on Jun 10, 2010 4:30:25 AM PDT
How dissapointing - not to be able to re-read The Good Earth by Pearl S Buck on my kindle

Posted on Jun 12, 2010 8:23:18 PM PDT
My husband and I have eye sight problems and can only enjoy reading with our kindles with the large type print. Please..... Amazon try to get these wonderful Pearl S. Buck books for our kindles.

Posted on Jun 17, 2010 10:44:21 AM PDT
**Meya** says:
Some of her books are out there on other sites. Not "legal" sites, but you can find them if you look.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 29, 2010 3:40:27 PM PDT
Mary Monaco says:
I totally agree with Dr. Schachter. It also seems to be imposssible to find Pearl Buck's books at!-----everytime I have tried to go to the web-site it freezes and I cannot purchase. Why? Is Pearl still on a "blacklist'? Just finished reading Spurling's book "Pearl Buck in China"-----an excellent, even-handed examination of Ms. Buck's life and work. My interest is aroused and would now like to read some of her novels. I remember reading "The Good Earth" in my youth but now that I am in my 70's and will visit Shanghai, Nanjing, Xian, and Bejing in Sept. I would like more access to Pearl Buck's work----especially on my Kindle!
Mary Lou Monaco

Posted on Jul 7, 2010 1:04:49 PM PDT
A. Steppes says:
3 Months and I still look once in a while to see if there are any news. Sadly nothing still.

Posted on Jul 20, 2010 5:33:30 AM PDT
Barbara says:
Totally agree. I'm reading Pearl Buck In China and The Good Earth will be next. Wish it were on my iPad.

Posted on Sep 26, 2010 10:29:45 PM PDT
One of the reason I bought a Kindle is to try to read The Good Earth Trilogy. Hope I'll have it soon.

Posted on Oct 3, 2010 4:11:57 AM PDT
I hope with all my heart that Pearl Buck's books soon can be read on Kindle. She is my favorite author since I was young and that indeed was a long time ago. I would like to reread all her books once again and only on Kindle edition this would be possible.

Posted on Oct 5, 2010 10:10:59 PM PDT
I am amazed that no Pearl Buck books are on Kindle. They are true classics and I hope that soon there will be some of her writings available on Kindle.

Posted on Oct 28, 2010 1:26:25 PM PDT
Kelly says:
i was really hoping to re-read the good earth from junior high today on my Kindle. this stinks. :(

Posted on Dec 11, 2010 11:27:32 AM PST
D. Woods says:
Wow! What a disappointment to discover "The Good Earth" is not available for the kindle.

Posted on Jan 21, 2011 6:19:07 AM PST
Has everyone clicked on the "Notify Publisher that you want this on your Kindle"? If not, do so.

Posted on May 30, 2012 11:55:32 AM PDT
S. Cameron says:
Yes, I have all of Pearl Buck's books but they are getting old and I want to have them forever, so that is why I even considered getting a Kindle. If anyone knows who to contact let me know and I will start some type of petition that I would hope would influence them. I hate that all the books I want go straight to I got a Kindle to read not to listen to books! Thanks if anyone has ideas or websites.

Posted on May 30, 2012 10:50:59 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 30, 2012 10:53:05 PM PDT
I sincerely hope Pearl S. Buck's books will be available on Kindle.
It is the only way to keep her books alive.
I have almost all her books in hardcover but reading on Kindle is much more pleasant.
As soon as they I can buy them on my Kindle, I will not hesitate to do so.

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 1:07:52 AM PDT
B. Bhagat says:
I really wish all her books are made available on kindle. Even though i have most of her books in hardcover i would still love to have them and read all of them on kindle.
Amazon- please get them ready for kindle

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 6:07:43 AM PDT
S. Cameron says:
Just found out and pre ordered 10 of Pearl Buck books that will be coming out Aug. 28th. If you go to the Kindle area and type in her name and then click on the left "coming soon", you will see them. Yea!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 10:43:04 PM PDT
Thank you very much for telling us this. I'll do as you did and I'll also pre-order the Pearl Buck books that will be coming out in August.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Pearl S. Buck forum
Participants:  16
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  Apr 11, 2010
Latest post:  Jul 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions