Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Grocery Martha Stewart American Made Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Shop Now HTL
Customer Discussions > Julie Klassen forum

for real?????

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Posted on Feb 21, 2013 10:55:25 PM PST
Picturerazzi says:

What a juvenile and immature comment. You need to learn some manners or better yet just keep your thoughts to yourself. Your words are not discussion worthy nor are they helpful in any way other than to prove your own immature behaviour.

Posted on Aug 6, 2012 10:58:06 PM PDT
hhebe says:
I started with the apothecary's daughter and have just finished the last of her available books on here, the girl in the gatehouse. I love them all and cant wait for more. I'm 26 and don't think it's too mature or immature for me.

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 7:11:56 AM PDT
pwnmom says:
I read it and enjoyed it. My 15 yo daughter just read it and enjoyed it as well. I think my 14 yr old also read it or is getting ready to. I LOVE Julie Klassen's writings. Good, clean and just downright enjoyable!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2011 8:37:06 AM PDT
You're very welcome:) I also can't wait for her new book!!!! Hopefully within the next few weeks they'll have both the product and publisher's descriptions.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2011 9:40:55 AM PDT
shelle042 says: made my day!! Thanks so much for the share. Happy to hear that Julie is coming out with a new book..I've read all of her books and can not wait to get my hands on The Maid of Fairbourne Hall! :)

Posted on May 27, 2011 11:53:21 AM PDT
I found out from the website that Julie's new book will be out in December and it's called, The Maid of Fairbourne Hall. (!!!) I just wanted to mention it to the real fans that have been in this discussion. I, for one, am very excited about Julie's new release and thought I should pass the info along since no other websites have mentioned this yet. Julie's books are absolutely awesome. Have a good day everyone!

Posted on Apr 26, 2011 6:21:54 PM PDT
i love to read and very picky about "Christian Historical Fiction" I found that Julia was very engaging..looked to do research and added so much to her story lines. I read all 4 of her novels and really enjoyed them..all in the last month. Anybook that keep my attention into the wee hours in the morning...must be pretty good.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2011 6:02:33 PM PDT
Rachele, I think it would be a beautiful read for both of you. I came away knowing so much more about the period. It would be a good introduction to a history lesson on the era. I appreciated Ms. Klassen's extensive research into the life of an apothecary. I also loved the quotes from contemporary books on the subject; these were woven into each chapter very skilfully. There are a couple of love stories. These are treated respectfully and gently. Happy reading!

Posted on Apr 19, 2011 8:14:57 AM PDT
B. Danielson says:
I have been reading non-stop for the last 25 years, all types of genre from autobiographies to scifi. I'll wager I've read a hundred romance novels. This book was a breath of fresh air, and I couldn't put it down from the first page. I'm not overly religious but I related to every nuance of faith in this book. After living in the UK many years, I was able to picture every scene and follow the dialogue quite easily as it was as authentic as one who is not English could manage! The criticism I've read is that the story and writing are too simple, but these are not complicated, sophisticated folk. They are like us--poor, fragile, lonely, some a bit grasping and greedy, and definitely imperfect. But the search for love always makes a great story! Brilliant job, Julie, and I have bought all the others on Kindle.

Posted on Mar 17, 2011 8:14:56 AM PDT
Beth Holler says:
I bought all of her books after reading the gatehouse one! I loved them all! I'm an avid reader and it's nice to find authors like Julia who know how to write good stories without feeling the need to explicitly describe any sex scenes. All her heroines come from different backgrounds and each have made some form of mistake, but all of them emerge with one of the most important aspects a heroine possess: character! Love her books and can't wait for more! Please Hurry!!

Posted on Mar 7, 2011 3:04:43 PM PST
Shashasha says:
i got the apothecary's daughter for free and loved it so much i bought the lady of milkweed manor. WOW. it blew me away. loved both of them so, so much.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2011 4:47:30 AM PST
BarbaraJean says:
It is certainly appropriate but she may have a bit of difficulty following it as it does use some old English terms....but then it would be great for her to learn them and this book would be an entertaining way for her to do so.

Posted on Feb 7, 2011 5:15:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 7, 2011 5:16:37 PM PST
Lisa C says:
I could not put this book down (The Apothecary's Daughter). I loved it. It kept me up night after night reading and reading and reading. I have not ENJOYED reading so much. I LOVED IT and SAVED it. Will read it again sometime.

Posted on Feb 6, 2011 8:43:21 AM PST
"Thw Apothecary's Daughter" is the only one of hers I've read - so far! - and I loved it. I thought it was credible, insofar as I don't know very much about that time and place.

Now to add the others to my Wish List ...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2011 7:02:09 PM PST
Thank you for your input!! :) My daughter will be happy to know that she will be able to read this book on her Nook... and I think I'll read it myself... on my Kindle! :) hehe....

Posted on Feb 3, 2011 6:51:43 PM PST
I've enjoyed all Julie Klassen's novels. And I believe they are appropriate for a 12 year old. They are clean novels, and well written. Lady of Milkweed Manor is my favorite.

Posted on Feb 2, 2011 7:03:38 PM PST
I can't put it down and I read all of the time!! I have read all the top sellers and classics for years. I am a 30 year veteran teacher. Keep up the good work!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2011 7:35:25 AM PST
Robie 5 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jan 30, 2011 7:29:49 PM PST
My daughter is 12 and is wanting to read this book... is it appropriate for a 7th grader? I haven't read it myself... Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2011 2:33:12 PM PST
litlover says:
I hope you aren't writing about The Apothecary's Daughter. It was one of the best novels I've read in a long, long time.

Initial post: Jan 4, 2011 4:23:59 PM PST
Robie 5 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Julie Klassen forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  Jan 4, 2011
Latest post:  Feb 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions