Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Richard Castle forum

Why read?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 21, 2012 5:55:14 AM PST
Scout Finch says:
Just curious-- i've watched a few episodes of the show and love it but haven't read the books yet. they look cool but i dont know if it's worth taking time to order and read them all. what makes them so great/do you just see them as entertainment? should i read the books first or catch up on the series first?

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 12:52:11 PM PST
These are fun great reads. It is what the book would be in the show. Therefore all the names are changed, and relationships are slightly different, but it's generally a more involved and more detailed telling of solving a case. Within the book, one case is solved yet the character development is more like that of several episodes of the TV show. It's a good fun companion to the show if you ever wanted to know what is being written in the books that Castle writes.

Posted on Feb 13, 2014 12:47:09 AM PST
The great thing about reading the Nickki Heat books after seeing the TV show is that you have a picture in your mind of all the characters and their relation to one another. Every character in the squad is a familiar face as you read. It's twice as enjoyable when you can picture Rook and Nikki as you remember them from the show.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Richard Castle forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Nov 21, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 13, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions