Customer Discussions > Jim DeFelice forum

It's nice to be able to bring back an out-of-print series on Kindle

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 11, 2011 11:25:20 AM PDT
The Silver Bullet (Jake Gibb's Patriot Spy series)

For years, many of my fans who read one or all of the Patriot Spy series used to ask me, "When are you going to write some more of those Jake Gibbs Revolutionary War books?" But the publishers, for whatever reasons, weren't interested in doing more.
Now, with Kindle, it's nice to be able to at least bring the original series back for new readers who may never have read it. The characters are great, and the setting is mostly in my favorite place -- the Hudson Valley area where I live. Anybody else out there love to visit historic sites?
When I did the original series, my wife and I spent weekends searching out the original historic sites I used in the books, including West Point where The Iron Chain is set, Albany where Jake Gibbs meets General Schuyler's deputy in The Silver Bullet, Fishkill which served as a hospital for the wounded, Nyack, Rhinebeck, Washington's Headquarters in Newburgh, Kingston, and the New Windsor Cantonement. Not to mention trips to Fort Ticonderoga, Saratoga, and our favorite isle of Manhattan, where Jake slips in and out of British authority with lots of action and humor.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Jim DeFelice forum
Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Apr 11, 2011
Latest post:  Apr 11, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions