Customer Discussions > Gold Box forum

Laser Ship

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 301-325 of 957 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 2:31:35 PM PDT
Dr. D says:
You do know that it's Sunday, right?? I have never had ANY package delivered on a Sunday.

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 5:23:34 PM PDT
>>>>
I have never had ANY package delivered on a Sunday.
<<<<

LaserShip, as well as a number of other courier services trying to break into the parcel delivery business, uses independent contractors, and pays them by the package. These independent contractors are the kinds of people who deliver your newspaper at 5am, and deliver your pizza at 6pm. They'll drop a package on your porch at 3am on a Sunday morning if that's when it works into their flexible schedule.

They may mark it as delivered on Friday after they load it into their 1984 Ford Galaxy, but they may not get around to delivering it until Sunday.

This isn't a FedEx or UPS clone company we're talking about here.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 10:14:41 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 15, 2012 10:22:48 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 10:19:37 AM PDT
G. Wyndlyn says:
Are we to assume that you and Doctor D are one in the same? Looking through both of your ridiculous banks of pointless product reviews I am going to go with yes, troll.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 12:44:40 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 14, 2012 12:46:20 PM PDT]

Posted on May 14, 2012 12:48:32 PM PDT
HN says:
I've had no problems with lasership in my area, but it all depends on who the driver is.

Posted on May 14, 2012 6:54:13 PM PDT
Well I continue to have good luck with Lasership in Palm Beach County. I received my eighth shipment today and it was the 3rd one that was delivered a day early. There was one small glitch, it wasn't delivered until after 9PM, probably because the weather was bad today. Keep up the good work.

Posted on May 15, 2012 8:57:38 PM PDT
Dave Kennedy says:
Lasership again on this delivery. They delivered on time last time, which I felt very fortunate about. Let's see how it goes. Fortunately, the item is not time sensitive.

I'm in North-east Atlanta.

Posted on May 17, 2012 8:09:26 AM PDT
Brian Haase says:
I was sitting in my kitchen about 5 feet away from the door when Lasership "attempted delivery". No one knocked, no note left on the door. nothing. I ordered two day shipping, so I was waiting for the package at home. I only knew an "attempt" was made because I checked online at the end of the day, and it showed the attempt was in the morning.

Showing the time it was attempted, I knew exactly where I was. There was never any delivery attempt. I think this was to aleviate the late shipment on the two day shipping..... but whatever. I called them to tell them to tell the driver to leave it at my front door. We'll see if that works.

Posted on May 17, 2012 9:03:37 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 17, 2012 10:01:20 AM PDT
NickSab says:
Just to add my own experience: Lasership claimed they attempted delivery, but I have a security camera AND was also home the entire time. When I called them for an explanation, they said the driver just was unable to locate my home, even tho the status said "Attempted delivery". That seems like a pretty fundamental part of being a delivery company, and implies they lied on the reason the shipment didn't arrive. I'm waiting in fear right now as I just ordered some very expensive stuff that is supposed to arrive today. I was very disappointed to see Lasership was the shipping company. I pay for Amazon Prime, so why do I get sub-quality shipping? If I have any more issues, I'm dropping Prime, and shifting my loyalty elsewhere. (I'm inside the perimeter in Atlanta.) UPDATE: This time, everything went as expected. But for the record, I called Lasership first, and told them I was concerned about my shipment based on prior experience. I'm not feeling much better, but at least the hit rate is improved.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 9:11:12 AM PDT
BOB says:
You would THINK that lasership would require their drivers to use GPS since a lot of their "explanations" are that they "couldn't find the address".

GPS is a fairly inexpensive device, especially if your JOB depends on you finding an address.

I wonder if anyone @ Lasership really cares, as long as Amazon keeps on paying them...

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 9:54:56 AM PDT
>>>>
You would THINK that lasership would require their drivers to use GPS since a lot of their "explanations" are that they "couldn't find the address".
<<<<

When you're hiring drivers who's vehicles are worth less than even the economy GPS systems, you can't really make such a mandate.

You're also assuming two other things:
1) The driver is smart enough to use the GPS. And,
2) They really are trying, and couldn't find it.

*Couldn't* find the address is probably more like *didn't try* to find the address because it was time for my favorite TV show, or I just didn't feel like working anymore.

Posted on May 18, 2012 9:10:50 AM PDT
You would think after 13 pages of horrendous commentary from unhappy customers who have had LaserShip packages they would start to look into this a little further or just stop using them altogether. I love Amazon but these guys are not Amazon caliber. I recently had a lasership package reach my front door by airmail. No - literally, the guys walked across my front lawn and stopped at the walkway and then tossed my package onto the front stoop. Thank god it wasn't something fragile. I contacted Amazon who said they would "escalate" the situation but didn't want a copy of the security video I had of the driver performing this act. At least when I went to LaserShip's facebook page they seemed interested and asked me to e-mail them with the tracking # and a copy of the video footage. BTW - the lasership delivery guys drove up in what appeared to be his own vehicle, which had no identifying information on it to show that it was a lasership representative. He was wearing an orange vest, which basically looked like the vests that the roadworkers wear on the highway. Lasership obviously uses low standards in choosing their drivers and save money by not having branded vehicles or high-tech supply chain and logistics management. I guess this is where my prime membership fees are going - cheap delivery services.

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2012 9:18:03 AM PDT
S. King says:
There really aren't thirteen pages, there are 87 or so, but every few days most of them disappear for a while.

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2012 9:18:15 AM PDT
Ive had issues with LASERSHIP several times, they are awful. They always say "attempted delivery" but yet I was home both times, never got a call or a note, just a message on their site saying they "attempted" delivery. Bottomline is they are a below average shipping place, sorry.

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2012 9:24:07 AM PDT
There are multiple similar threads. Nothing is ever missing. You're just not looking in the right thread. Sometimes you have to go back pretty far to find the right thread, and sometimes threads from pretty far back move up to the first page when someone posts in them.

Posted on May 18, 2012 9:32:44 AM PDT
Well - I've taken a link to this thread and posted it to Amazon's facebook page. I find that these days, most big companies have a social media department (or at least position) whose sole job it is to monitor the social sites of the company. I strongly suggest that any complaints about LaserShip be sent to LaserShip, posted on both LaserShip's facebook page, and posted on Amazon's facebook page. I know this is more work on the recipient (than we should even have to expend) but it certainly will get the point across....and with facebook, it becomes a very well-placed complaint for other customers to see.

Posted on May 18, 2012 9:38:32 AM PDT
Dave Kennedy says:
Providing additional data & facts and providing the follow-up post I promised earlier in the week. The estimated delivery date for my package (not time critical) was May 18. It came this morning about 10:30am - so that's an on-time delivery. I'm in north-east Atlanta.

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2012 9:51:15 AM PDT
S. King says:
Thanks I thought I was only following one discussion. So, everybody, there's another lasership discussion with 87 pages :-)

Posted on May 19, 2012 6:34:50 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 19, 2012 6:52:08 AM PDT
JAM says:
Laser Ship delivery service is HORRIBLE! On three different occasions they have been unable to deliver my order to my residence. On the most recent occasion they really proved that they are incapable of being a reputable delivery service.

On the day after my order was supposed to be delivered, an Amazon Customer Service Representative and I called Laser Ship. I gave them turn by turn directions to my residence, which is unacceptable as FEDEX, USPS, and UPS consistently delivers packages to me without an issue. Laser Ship gave the Amazon Customer Service Representative and I the guarantee that they would deliver the package the first thing in the morning. Again, Laser Ship failed to meet a deadline, as it is now the 4th day after the day my package was supposed to be delivered and it still has not been delivered.

If Amazon intends on maintaining customers who desire to use "Next Day" service, they would stop using carries like Laser Ship. At this point, as an Amazon Prime Customer, I would rather take my business somewhere else than to run the risk of being stuck with Laser Ship as the carrier.

Posted on May 19, 2012 7:31:59 PM PDT
Chris says:
Some post here that the free over $25 delivery will not use Lasership. Unfortunately, not so. I can only imagine what fun I am going to have trying to find my delivery.

Posted on May 21, 2012 7:47:27 PM PDT
When I saw LaserShip as the delivery company I went, what the? Of course I googled the name, and started reading, The more I read, the more I cried. I could see myself in an endless discussion with this company asking for my goods. I had several parcels on the way here and several of them were by LaserShip.
Well, I hate to spoil your party; but LaserShip delivered my Grundig short wave radio plu separate antennas, etc., today at 10:00 AM, in a white unmarked van, by a uniformed gentleman, with a picture ID hanging from his neck. He was very professional. By the way the shipment was supposed to be delivered tomorrow, not today.
Jorge M. Sanchez-Pino

Posted on May 21, 2012 7:51:47 PM PDT
ETON Globe Traveler G3 AM/FM/Shortwave Radio with Aircraft Band, Single-Side Band, Radio Data System and Synchronous DetectorWhen I saw LaserShip as the delivery company I went, what the? Of course I googled the name, and started reading, The more I read, the more I cried. I could see myself in an endless discussion with this company asking for my goods. I had several parcels on the way here and several of them were by LaserShip.
Well, I hate to spoil your party; but LaserShip delivered my Grundig short wave radio plu separate antennas, etc., today at 10:00 AM, in a white unmarked van, by a uniformed gentleman, with a picture ID hanging from his neck. He was very professional. By the way the shipment was supposed to be delivered tomorrow, not today.
Jorge M. Sanchez-Pino

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2012 3:09:43 AM PDT
S. King says:
I <have> taken my business elsewhere rather than run the risk of being lasershipped. It finally dawned on me that Amazon isn't the only game in town, much of what I buy I pay shipping on because it comes from a third party (I dropped Prime because of LS so super saver doesn't apply), I have a Super Duper discount bookstore two miles away and I was just being lazy, and there are other online retailers out there to be found just as if not more competititve than Amazon who have never heard of Laser Ship.

Posted on May 23, 2012 9:35:21 AM PDT
Laura Meyer says:
There is at least one other, even longer thread about Lasership (
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gold Box forum
Participants:  530
Total posts:  957
Initial post:  May 24, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 19, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 93 customers

Search Customer Discussions