Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 5226-5250 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2012 1:16:13 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 17, 2012 5:00:18 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2012 1:19:52 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 17, 2012 5:00:13 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2012 1:22:43 PM PDT
Mme director says:
Thanks for the very pretty cake and the very pretty thoughts. I am no angel but I am glad that you think me one.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2012 1:24:21 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 17, 2012 5:00:06 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2012 4:42:43 PM PDT
...and many moooore!!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2012 7:04:30 PM PDT
Hi Lil

"Yeah, I had a rough weekend calming those hurt feelings, Skriker. You would be surprised how emotional a pregnant female chinchilla can get when she is accused of not being the best pet."

Bless your heart. We all needed a laugh so bad and your comic touch here was perfect. You have a great future as a healer still.

Maybe our group here needs a new slogan: "A Soft Laugh Turneth Away Wrath."
Or a loud, unlady like snort, which is what happened to me. Jeb kittycat is still a bit wary as he was sound asleep when Mom suddenly erupted. He was halfway through the bedroom door at a full out flying run before he even woke up.

You, dear lady, are the very very best.

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 2:11:44 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 17, 2012 4:03:39 AM PDT
Hey gang?

As much as I welcome a start toward de-escalation, peace and forgiveness here, please remember that others were also hurt and/or maligned during the past week. It might be good for many of us to reach out to them also and consider how Monday's posts may have felt to those who are hurting.

'I'm sorry' are wonderful words, but they only have effective power when followed by actions. When my kids were little, they were taught to apologize directly, admit what they had done wrong, why it was wrong, how it had effected others and what they were going to do to make it right.

Shen

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2012 2:25:30 AM PDT
Lisa says:
I just read this post and I hope I'm not reminding you of sadness by posting 3 and 1/2 months later...but she sounds amazing! So sorry. How cool it is to have met such a neat animal and to have all of those memories of her! And how crappy that have to lose her :( Do you have other chickens (house or outside)? What's her name?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2012 3:10:43 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 17, 2012 4:59:52 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2012 6:31:47 AM PDT
Skriker says:
I hope that for them too. I thought I had done that, but apparently not. Many marriages are great things until something serious happens and it requires serious work and dedication to get through it. At that point many marriages collapse. There are some cultures that still have arranged marriages and those marriages last and work because the people in them do what is necessary to make it happen because that is what is expected of them. Americans as a society have gotten to a point where what we want as individuals supercedes anything else, even our committment to marriage. That is very sad. :(

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2012 6:36:13 AM PDT
Skriker says:
I'm definitely not taking sides in any of this. I definitely hope and wish that all can settle in again with the spirit of forgiveness, friendship and support. Don't really have anyone's direct email or I'd send some direct messages of support to folks, but I offer it just the same. To EVERYONE!!! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2012 10:44:59 AM PDT
christy says:
Skriker,
I wish I had me a little bit of OCD when it came to cleaning, lol!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2012 10:46:39 AM PDT
christy says:
Skriker,
Haahahahaha! You'd best drop that zero! ;}

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 10:47:43 AM PDT
christy says:
Happy belated birthday Skriker!!! Not older, just more refined!

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 10:48:59 AM PDT
christy says:
Lil,
What are you going to do with all those Chinchillas!? I would love to see the babies when they get here. You should post a picture on your profile when it happens!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2012 11:46:35 AM PDT
Skriker says:
Well if the zero was accurate it would at least give you an excuse for not cleaning. ;) I actually found the interest to get some cleaning done at home Sunday. Somethings I stay on top of, as it is easy to keep dishes clean when only one person is dirtying them, but with 4 cats tracking cat littler all around and shedding everywhere it is somewhat hard to keep up with that. Had the front and back doors open the other day and you would have thought my house was the prarie with all the cat hair tumbleweeds blowing across the floor. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2012 12:04:58 PM PDT
Thank you, Skriker

The only side I'm asking or wanting anyone to take is that of forgiveness, healing, peace and reconciliation for all.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2012 12:37:20 PM PDT
Skriker says:
The only person I have any issues with is that crazy lady from Alaska trying to hone in on my job as comic relief. Oh wait...oops...wrong person to reply to with that. ;)

Sorry it is in my nature to make jokes about stressful things. I far prefer to laugh at them then let them make me horribly upset. Just my primary coping mechanism. Can confuse people sometimes, especially in work environments.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2012 12:38:14 PM PDT
Skriker says:
Thanks for taking a step towards the positive Mme. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2012 2:48:30 PM PDT
awesomep says:
Striker says:

Americans as a society have gotten to a point where what we want as individuals supercedes anything else, even our committment to marriage. That is very sad. :(
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I agree. It's a selfish attitude. Marriage seems to be a business transaction to some instead of a lifetime committment to each other. Have a nice evening.

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 2:55:34 PM PDT
Mme director says:
Hey tov, how come all the deleted posts? I thought we had things patched up. Did I miss something?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2012 3:59:34 PM PDT
ChristiNic says:
Skriker,
That is like trying to keep the floor clean when you have four boys tromping through the house, in and out all day! I do not know how you keep up as busy as you are.. I would imagine most everything else takes a priority, like firefighting and charities... ! (well balanced priorities!)

I used to be much more a perfectionist in my home presentation. Well, that fell out the window fast enough after the attack.. Now, although I sigh for the earlier days of a lovely home to see, it is now 'OMG I just cannot vacuum... or dust, or clean the floor today... ' and to paraphrase what Scarlett said, 'tomorrow is another day, I will think about it then'.

But I do not have any little boys or four legged friends running around to keep up with as you do. I have a tough time with just me!
I remember when we lived on one of the Great Lakes, and the lake was always beautiful, but on certain days, it was even more beautiful with white waves cresting, and then breaking on the beach when the wind was up. The dust created would quickly make dust balls scurrying across the wood floors, like your cat fur visual.

You can call it "performance art'!

That was all I could do until it was all over. trying to keep up with it until the wind died down was an exercise in futility!

Cheers,
Sylvie

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 4:13:43 PM PDT
Aarrrrghhhh - I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for anyone to take down posts! Just to remember that there are others needing reconciliation and kindness, TOO. AFAIC there is no such thing as too much good will and I was intending to encourage, not discourage it. Please accept my apologies!
Shen

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2012 4:22:38 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 17, 2012 4:25:52 PM PDT
christy says:
Sylvie,
How about 2 cats and 4 boys?!!
I would have not thought about the beach making a dust issue. Sheesh. Gotta have a damper with everything. I think cat hair is the one thing that rubs my fur the wrong way. Not to mention the litter.

The boy decided to fill the cat box too full the other day. So, instead of emptying it a bit (because he knew there would be lots of messes to ensue) He took my bagless dirtdevil and sucked up half the cat box!!!!!!!!!!!!! So against my better judgement I told him to dump the canister outside in the bin. He failed to retrieve the very important hepa filter from the bin afterwards.

I noticed the vacuum wasn't acting right and cat litter was spraying everywhere. I thought I fixed it by cleaning the hose and stuff. Then the next day my hubby was going to help clean!! Yay! Then I noticed that when I was running the Vac there was dust flying everywhere. That is when we noticed the filter was gone. There went my help!

So when you use it the dirt gets stuck under the canister and doesn't go up where it belongs. Can you believe that the store I bought it doesn't sell filters, and I had to order one online?! Sigh..Never a dull moment.

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 4:25:13 PM PDT
christy says:
Shen,
I need a snow story. How about this. What do you do there when you don't have indoor plumbing? Do you go outside and wash clothes? I was envisioning a little creek with a rock beating the clothes, lol. Probably not at all what it is like!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gold Box forum
Participants:  436
Total posts:  9351
Initial post:  Jan 4, 2012
Latest post:  5 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 29 customers

Search Customer Discussions