Customer Discussions > Gold Box forum

.*°¤*(¯`★´¯)*¤° More Deals & Chat °¤*(¯´★`¯)*¤°*.

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 7276-7300 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jan 16, 2012 7:00:27 AM PST
I'm dizzy today. Which bites because I have to leave the house. Today would very much be cane day. I suppose I actually have to pick one and be done with it. poopie

One kid is missing a library book so I'm going to school to search for it (I never saw it here, even looked at it's pages online to be sure). Need to make sure the shoe store ordered the right size of my "special" shoes. And I think I need to make copies for PTO.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2012 6:19:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2012 6:20:40 AM PST
SiliconeDiva says:
Yes, they are.

I read through some of the threads. They are not very helpful.

I need to stay out of there too. :-)

edit: LT and reg are very helpful. Too bad the "volunteers" won't recognize that in their need to always be right.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2012 5:24:55 AM PST
Lizzie B says:
They are really annoying!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2012 5:23:29 AM PST
Lizzie B says:
Let us know how it turns out.

Posted on Jan 15, 2012 10:21:38 PM PST
MK Blue says:
Well, I just popped in to say hi. "Hi."

I've spent the better part of today on my feet and those feet hurtses. I made 2 batches of soy milk but didn't have the necessary thickeners to make yogurt so I didn't. Maybe next weekend. I have a loaf of cinnamon raisin bread in the maker--it should be done in a few minutes. I didn't have any raisins (why is that?) so I ended up using Traverse Bay Fruit Co. Dried Cherries which I attempted to chop. Apparently my old B&D mini-chopper is on its last legs, poor thing, so the chopping part was entertaining. I didn't want to pull out the food processor to chop 1 cup of cherries. I probably would have used less power if I had done that instead of torturing the B&D. (yes, it really is old as in "I have no memory of having bought it but I know that I've had it for a very long time) Hopefully the bread will still be tasty.

Anyway, "hi." I'm now going to go park under Abigail with my K Touch and Fire. Have a great evening all. . . . 'course, it's almost over.

By the by, it's going to be cold tonight!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2012 10:13:40 PM PST
MK Blue says:
I hate to show my ignorance at this point in the day but. . . . what is a Help Forum Pro? Are they self-appointed or did Ammy appoint them? Are these people who know everything or know something in one particular area?

Inquiring minds and all that.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2012 5:59:13 PM PST
Lene Jensen says:
WE _are_ in agreement :) Both Google and Amazon (I imagine) sucks :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2012 5:54:07 PM PST
iGertrude says:
The people asking for help are fine. It's the 'PROS.' One just offered to contact a moderator for me if I needed help. I was informing them of a problem not asking for help.

The two times I have asked them questions, they told me to call CS.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2012 5:49:48 PM PST
Caroljane says:
Must be my fault... whatever it is. Is the full moon over with? :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2012 5:49:14 PM PST
Caroljane says:
I like you that way. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2012 5:33:42 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2012 5:34:14 PM PST
iGertrude says:
It's a thread.

Y'all will be glad to know that I have stopped giving help. Apparently I am not able to do so without having one of the HELP FORUM PROs tell the asker whether I was right or repeating exactly what I just said.

I'm back to smartass comments.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2012 3:07:20 PM PST
Lene Jensen says:
I am not saying that. We agree on it. I said it was SUPPOSEDLY to make it easier to read on mobile devices. Seems I cannot say anything to you today without getting it wrong...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2012 2:32:33 PM PST
Caroljane says:
compact flourescent lamps?

canadian football league?

in what context was it used?

Posted on Jan 15, 2012 2:26:16 PM PST
iGertrude says:
What are CFLs?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2012 2:21:20 PM PST
Caroljane says:
M. K.

Luck with your new slow cooker and the new apple "crisp". :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2012 2:19:55 PM PST
Caroljane says:
Lene... I didn't say you said you agreed with it. lol

I got the new format in my google mail and it is a major adjustment... not nearly as intuitive as it was before.

For me... because I hate hassles... the changes will make me want to use those sites less, not more. I hope I'm a minority.

If a font fades out on my computer... it's definitely going to fade on my iPhone... a faint (light) font is a faint font... doesn't matter if it's expanded or shrunken in size... it's still faint.

I'm going to quit complaining now... don't think it really does any good and I did respond to the "comments" requested at google.

I was just taking the opportunity to voice my opinion. Who knows, I might actually start shopping more locally again... just because at least shopping locally won't irritate me every time I try to shop. :)

Posted on Jan 15, 2012 2:06:05 PM PST
MK Blue says:
I've been de-skinning soybeans. My fingers look like little prunes but I want some yogurt and making it myself is the only way I can have some.

And my bread machine is waiting for me to come up with a cinnamon raisin bread recipe. Well, maybe not. I came up with this wild hair idea to fix an apple "crisp" like dish topped with cinnamon rolls for our next meeting at work. I even ordered a new slow cooker for it: West Bend Slow Cooker with Tote. The Warehouse had one, heh! It's going to be delivered tomorrow. Now I need to buy a whole lotta apples for my experiment--which will be going with me to work on Tuesday. Wish me luck.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2012 1:58:16 PM PST
MK Blue says:
Possibly but I generally say "no" 'cuz I do live in an apartment. While management doesn't wander into our apartments uninvited, if there is an emergency, they certainly can.

I'll have to "fix" that.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2012 1:53:16 PM PST
iGertrude says:
anything interesting?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2012 1:44:37 PM PST
Lene Jensen says:
I didn't say I agreed with it! And I think Amazon was first, btw (I haven't seen the new page so I don't know how it looks like, I am guessing here). I have the new google page and I hate it. On a computer (which is what I use the most) I have problems telling which email I have read. I have to tilt the screen, which is really, really stupid. I do not like.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2012 1:42:47 PM PST
Lene Jensen says:
First time you logged in, it asked if you wanted to save the password. You most likely said yes. I never do, so I have to log in all the time.

Posted on Jan 15, 2012 1:22:11 PM PST
MK Blue says:
Newegg's current "shell shocker" is a AROMA ARC-914S White Electronic Rice Cooker for $19. Ammy only has the 8 cup; the one at Newegg is a 4 cup. free s/h.

I'm tempted to get one for work but I'm not going to.

Posted on Jan 15, 2012 12:57:27 PM PST
MK Blue says:
By the by, good morning/afternoon.

I've been cruising, reading my email, etc.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2012 12:22:38 PM PST
CES is the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. They had about 150,000 people this year and 1.86 million square feet of exhibit space, spread from the LV Convention Center, Sands, Hilton, Venetian, Alexis Park and at least one other location.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2012 12:22:30 PM PST
Caroljane says:
Lene, trust me... if I can't read it on my computer... I sure as heck won't be able to read it on my iPhone!

That excuse doesn't fly for me... and copying Google isn't a good excuse to make it difficult for all computer customers. Reminds me of the old saw about jumping off a cliff... if Google jumps off a cliff... will you, also, jump? Amazon?
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gold Box forum
Participants:  58
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Nov 27, 2011
Latest post:  Jun 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions