Customer Discussions > Gold Box forum

Laser Ship

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-225 of 957 posts in this discussion
Posted on Mar 31, 2012 9:10:59 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 10, 2012 7:07:00 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2012 9:44:06 AM PDT
>>>>
The only way you can influence Amazon to stop suing Lasership is by supporting an online petition
<<<<

You're joking, right?

Not only do online petitions not make a difference in anything, it's hardly the "only" way to have any influence.

Amazon will base their decision on measurable metrics. Most notably, how often does a carrier miss service level commitments. If a carrier shows that they delivered, or even attempted delivery by the day the package was scheduled to arrive, they've met service level on that package.

It's quite clear that there is tremendous incentive to mark a package as delivered or a delivery attempt made even if they haven't done so. Doing so gives them a day or two to get out there, and really make the delivery. And if no one reports that their package was delivered late, they get away with it.

And you know what? Most people won't complain to Amazon. Most people will wait two or three days, and by that time, they'll have their package, and they won't bother complaining. Other people will call the carrier instead of calling Amazon. So most of the time, the carrier can get away with falsifying delivery records.

The best way to deal with this is to immediately call AMAZON and complain if,
1) Your package does not get delivered by the commitment time,
2) If it is marked as "delivered" when it clearly isn't,
3) If they mark it as attempted delivery when someone was there, and they clearly did not attempt delivery.

I'd even toss in that you should let Amazon know when a package *really* got delivered when that time is not what time the carrier said.

Letting Amazon know about every service failure is the "only" effective way to get them to make a different business decision. Some goofy petition started by people who actually still think petitions mean anything does nothing.

Posted on Apr 2, 2012 10:36:39 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 2, 2012 3:22:58 PM PDT
ham-ham says:
Oh wow. I ordered something using 1-day shipping and saw it was being delivered via LaserShip, a company I've not heard of until now. It's supposed to be delivered today, but I'm actually afraid now it won't get here, haha.

Edit: So on the LaserShip tracking page, they have another status posted that they never received the shipment. I've been refreshing that page quite a few times today and it posted status update was at 12pm, but it didn't show up until 6pm.
Anyway, I called Amazon and the guy there really helped me out. He's sending it 1-day via UPS (ty God because I love my UPS man -- very reliable and nice) and reimbursing me for the shipping because I REALLY needed this today (which is why I paid for 1-day shipping).

So out of the many years I've used Amazon, that was actually the first time I can recall ever having to call them, and unfortunately it was some hiccup between them and LaserShip. I do love using Amazon a lot, but with all these complaints about LaserShip along with my first-time experience with them today, I'm kind of afraid to buy anything here in case I have to deal with them :\.

Posted on Apr 2, 2012 11:33:31 AM PDT
I am in the same situation, I am here waiting for "Lasership" to deliver a few boxes and its now 2:30! I called the office here in New Jersey , and the girl said she has to call the driver and will call me back.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 2, 2012 11:35:24 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 10, 2012 11:00:23 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 2, 2012 2:34:48 PM PDT
Linacapuy says:
Don't bother; call back (timely) unlikely; call amazon customer service directly and have them handle situation. Make sure you point out the many bad reviews of Lasership on Amazon's own site and ask why they use them or who exactly determines carriers and furthermore why they continue to use them.

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 10:26:48 AM PDT
J. A. Torres says:
Been a long time customer of Amazon and I have been taking part in the subscribe and save program for a year and a half. First time getting something delivered through Lasership from Amazon and I am having issues. They keep posting in the tracking info that they attempted delivery but the problem is I work from home and I am a stay at home dad and am home all day plus I have video surveilence and no one has attempted any deliveries on any of the dates Lasership is saying they did. After reading a lot of the post on here I guess it's on par with the way Lasership conducts business. I find it absolutely incredible that Amazon continues to do business with such a horribly run company such as Lasership considering how much loss business it might cost Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2012 10:29:17 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 10, 2012 7:07:56 AM PDT]

Posted on Apr 4, 2012 11:17:58 AM PDT
I highly recommend reporting the issue directly to customer service here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html?browse_node_id=508510

Otherwise, as others have mentioned, this entire forum just turns into an easily ignored place for people to vent, but not get any resolution.

Posted on Apr 9, 2012 5:15:17 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 9, 2012 5:16:32 AM PDT]

Posted on Apr 9, 2012 2:31:30 PM PDT
Linacapuy says:
Friends of mine have also had better than satisfactory experiences with Lasership; the one common thing they all have is that they do not live on the east coast. For whatever reason; Lasership's eastern regional delivery service appears lacking and very disorganized in comparison.

Posted on Apr 9, 2012 2:36:43 PM PDT
NJ STORM says:
My order never arrived from Lasership.... And the tracking never updated... I have never even heard of this. No problem taking my money though..!!elago P2 Stand (Silver) for iPad and Tablet PC

Posted on Apr 9, 2012 2:56:02 PM PDT
Well I live in Palm Beach county, Florida and I have to say down here Lasership really does a good job. I just got my 6th Amazon Prime delivery today. Of those six, 4 were on time and 2 were a day ahead of time! Evidently there are good and bad franchises. It would be interesting to know what Amazon is doing to force Lasership to improve the bad franchises or simply stop using them.

Posted on Apr 9, 2012 5:34:31 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 9, 2012 5:35:09 PM PDT]

Posted on Apr 9, 2012 6:01:00 PM PDT
Dean DeWitt says:
every time i get a package shipped with lasership it goes to a street called bel aire, not my street of belair, so the man that lives at bel aire brings my my package . think i seen a laser ship car once

Posted on Apr 9, 2012 6:37:00 PM PDT
ALL... if you are note requesting Amazon to send replacements then you are wasting everyones time and may even be some kind of UPS trolls!

Posted on Apr 10, 2012 5:16:44 AM PDT
S. King says:
My post and another which suggested filing complaints with the Better Business Bureau have disappeared. I didn't delete mine. Veeerrrry interesting.

Posted on Apr 10, 2012 8:41:53 AM PDT
M.S. says:
I just make sure to call Amazon anytime I have an issue with Lasership or A-1 Courier. Usually they try to fix the problem. To thier credit, Lasership has improved in my area since they first appeared.

Of course I've been a Prime member for almost 3 years now and never had an issue with UPS, FedEx, or even the Postal Service. I'd still be willing to pay more to ensure my package is sent via UPS every time.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 10, 2012 7:00:31 PM PDT
Linacapuy says:
After tracking this discussion for a week I logged on to my account and expressed my weariness of Amazon's use of Lasership in an email sent directly to customer service. I encouraged them to read threads and also added I will not purchase amazon specific items until they either get rid of Lasership or in the very least give an option to select other carriers (even for an up charge). I think it'd be more effective if they are flooded with a single email from each of us expressing our view/grievances rather than get angrier hearing our (same) story being repeated in this thread while Lasership continues to thrive on our pockets.

Posted on Apr 11, 2012 8:40:10 AM PDT
Kiran Kurian says:
I had a very good experience with Lasership. I ordered something at night and selected Two-Day Shipping and received it twelve hours after they processed the order! Now that is what I call fast. Yesterday I selected One-Day Shipping with UPS for this order, also sold from Amazon, it has been over 24 hours and I still didn't receive it.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 11, 2012 1:08:57 PM PDT
I hope so... in the tampa bay area and they are saying that the expected delievery is between 12PM and 8PM

Posted on Apr 11, 2012 7:46:44 PM PDT
Dean DeWitt says:
OK short and simple, lasership sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 12, 2012 5:08:52 PM PDT
Sammy says:
wow i thought that i would never have to complain with amazon but lasership made me. they are the worst. package still hasn't arrived. i ordered with expedited and 2 day later, nothing. I'm upset. had i known prior to ordering i would haven't have ordered. thanks a lot lasership.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 12, 2012 5:19:05 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 12, 2012 5:19:58 PM PDT
S. King says:
https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started

Online complaint form. We all have to start doing it.

800-201-7575 Amazon Call and tell them we've done it. Otherwise, we all have to stop posting to this forum. It does NOTHING other than give us a few minutes of venting that will make NO change to Amazon policies. Heck, maybe filing BBB complaints and telling Amazon won't, either, but it's more than just complaining here, the place Amazon has set up for dissatisfied customers to come to die.

Posted on Apr 12, 2012 5:38:19 PM PDT
I don't know, it's Amazon that is getting ripped off and we are just being annoyed. Other than the delay, there is no damage to customers. However as I've said before, we've got to make this hit Amazon's bottom line and nothing will do that quicker than requesting them to send a replacement. If you don't receive a package you are entitled (by Amazon policy) to a replacement shipped by overnight delivery. That costs Amazon!

Of course if Lasership finally drops it off you can also have Amazon give you a free shipping label to return it.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gold Box forum
Participants:  530
Total posts:  957
Initial post:  May 24, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 19, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 93 customers

Search Customer Discussions