Customer Discussions > Gold Box forum

My Habit

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 138 posts in this discussion
Posted on Feb 5, 2014 7:14:17 PM PST
BenB says:
I've bought a few things from them in the past, but nothing since they started charging $3.99 for all returns. It's not worth the risk, considering there are NO customer reviews. A product can be complete junk and there's no way to know it until it arrives on your doorstep. I think I had to return at least ⅓ of the items I bought for various reasons. But if it's going to cost $3.99, no thanks!

Posted on Feb 5, 2014 7:02:33 PM PST
First, any outfit that sends you adds with an "unsubscribe" on it and then the "unsubscribe" does not work; who would give them your CC Card #? Second, the stuff looks like S___.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2014 6:56:52 PM PST
I have been trying to unsubscribe but can't.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2014 4:58:01 AM PST
Yup customer service is extremely bad.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2014 4:53:57 AM PST
Just experienced some bad customer service from their Indian centre which seems to handle complaints reading from a script no empathy with the client bad, really bad.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2014 4:50:38 AM PST
Yes I agree and where is feedback on their website about their deplorable customer service centre based in India.

Posted on Dec 11, 2013 9:18:46 AM PST
love2pugs says:
I love shopping on Amazon however, My habit emails annoying!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2013 5:33:49 PM PST
Ann Marie says:
It is not straight forward at all. I have ordered from Myhabit since the site started and this is NEW. All other times refunds went back to my card and with my last return it defaulted to store credit without me realizing it. It is actually against most credit card issuer policies for this to happen as refunds are required to be sent back to the original purchase method. This is just Amazon using their customers as a bank. It is sleazy and I won't buy from them again.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2013 6:42:07 AM PST
how did u u

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2013 4:26:12 PM PDT
O. Lewis says:
AGREED!!! I just got completely taken! It's absurd!

Posted on Apr 22, 2013 11:30:56 AM PDT
I ordered a purse from them, and they didn't notify me that there was a problem with my order until the day it was supposed to arrive. I just received an e-mail in the morning saying that they canceled my order and that I was getting a $10.00 promotion. I wish they had informed me earlier. That purse was available on other websites, but by the time I received the cancellation notice a week later, it was sold out everywhere. Oh well, I just unsubscribed and will no longer attempt to purchase anything from them.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2013 7:58:35 PM PDT
Many thanks for this - that was super helpful. I did what you suggested and my new shoes are on their way and the old ones ready to shop back!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 10, 2013 12:18:37 PM PDT
missa lou says:
They can't exchange, but if you go to your order, you can click on the description of the item to see if another size is available. Place a new order and return the ones that don't fit.

Posted on Apr 10, 2013 3:52:17 AM PDT
Hi all. I bought some great shoes from MyHabit but they are the wrong size. Does MyHabit do size exchanges?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 7:57:52 AM PST
Yes - they offered no explanation - but did say they would refund the money. That was a month ago, and still nothing. We ordered the exact same clock from Crate and Barrel and it workds fine.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2013 2:58:17 PM PST
missa lou says:
Did you call and tell MYHABIT? Maybe they were given the wrong info by the manufacturer they got it from. I'm sure they would want to know so they can fix it.

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 2:19:48 PM PST
I've purchased many items from this website and I've never been let down... yet. I love Myhabit. I also shop at Gilt, Ideeli, and whatnot, but I always look here first.. because they have free shipping haha and no tax ;)
Anyways, the most disappointing experience I've had with them is when I ordered a pair of Harding shoes. The shoe box was torn... that's about it really. I've ordered a two-piece bathing suit too. First I only ordered the bottoms because I have a top I think would be fine with it. When I received it, it also included the top! I was excited. I think that was an error though because the top and bottom were sold separately.

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 6:00:35 PM PST
My girlfriend bought me a battery operated mission clock (with pendulum) that was supposed to be solid wood. When it arrived, it had a Crate and Barrel sticker on the back of it, and appeared slightly scuffed up. We looked it up on Crate and Barrel, and the clock was laminate and littered with poor reviews. There was a $5 difference beween a new Crate and Barrel clock, and this defective item: the pendulam stopped working the day after we hung the clock! We discovered this was one of the problems on Crate and Barrel reviews. Hate to say it folks, but My Habit appears to selling retailer RETURNS that can't be restocked. When an item has returns for a systematic defect, it goes to My Habit instead of eBay. Claiming something is solid wood when it's laminate is FRAUD.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2013 9:48:03 AM PST
You'll find my previous replies around the end of last year. Do like their stuff - I was one of the lucky ones who didn't receive "knock off" boots. Found I needed to return them - Right (laughing here). Followed all their rules for returning stuff. Was given a store credit - Not a happy camper big time. Customer service told me very rudely that I should have read the small print. Found out on my own I could have a store credit or refund on my card. Be careful - they give store credits so they can keep your $. You have to pry it from their cold/boney fingers...

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 9:05:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 26, 2013 9:21:30 AM PST
I'm editing above my original post -literally a half hour after the first one, because I think my edit is more important than my original post was. I just got off the phone with MyHabit customer service. I was all geared up and ready for a big "what's your supervisor's name?" discussion, when the representative came on the phone. To my shock, it wasn't needed. She wasn't able to explain how I got the returned item, but she did explain that if things are returned in the original packaging with no damage, they could be resold as wait-list items (which this wasn't). She was polite and competent, found my emailed complaint and that it hadn't been responded to and is following up with it and refunded ten percent of my purchase price (since I didn't want to exchange for another new one). I have to say that I'm pretty happy as of right now and will purchase from MyHabit again (though for items I'd never want someone else's return on, I'll probably stick to brick and mortar so I can examine the packaging).

--- from here down is my original comment
I've purchased several items from my habit after being careful to make sure they weren't available cheaper elsewhere (sometimes they are, even on Amazon). I was pretty happy with it until last week, when a pan I spent a hundred dollars on arrived and was someone else's obvious return. The pan had been taken out of the wrapping and stuffed back in the box with the wrapping shoved inside it. One of the pages of the instructions had been torn in half. The pan still seems serviceable, so I wasn't going to return it - but I don't want to pay full price for someone else's return. My emailed complaint (sent through the form on their site) went completely unanswered - not even an acknowledgement. I'll be calling them today to see if I can get a person, but I'm pretty unhappy and now suspicious of everything else I've purchased. I like a good deal, but if I want refurbished, I want to know I'm buying refurbished.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 8:14:52 AM PST
Greedy is a good observation re: My Habit. I have no merchandise complaints but my bank temporarily put a hold on my bank card because MH continuously attempted to push through a payment on the card-for merchandise I did not order. Most companies make a couple of attempts, but MH won't give up. I will continue to trade with them...cautiously.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 4:07:54 PM PST
I quit ordering from them a yr+ ago. Wanted to return boots/ there was no other size. They ran me thru the ringer when I wanted a refund on my charge card. They said that was not possible - I would have to be happy w/a store credit - like I would ever buy anything else from them in this lifetime! After reading the extra tiny print on the shipping slip - found out I could choose between a store credit or a refund on my credit card. Wrote them a forceful email asking why they had chosen a store credit w/out asking me what I wanted. Not much of an answer except I would get a refund on my card. Greedy, greedy dead boney fingers holding onto one's money... DON'T ANYONE BUY FROM MYHABIT - if you may want to return it.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 12:28:06 PM PST
K. Mascaro says:
My experience with MyHabit has been very unsatisfactory. Two out of three high-end products I purchased exhibited serious manufacturing flaws (a broken zipper and mismatched leather on a handbag, a crack in a platform sole on a pair of shoe boots), which happened after only a few months of use but after the return policy had expired. When I asked MyHabit to address the problems with their supplier, they offered no customer support and simply replied ""Since we do not have a way to contact the vendors directly, you may want to contact the manufactures to inquire if they have any options for you" and then sent me links to the retail websites. This is NOT customer service. WARNING: MyHabit offers discounts but no service and does not stand by their merchandise. They claim "Our savvy Member Service team is available for those times when you need live help," but in fact they are not interested in customer retention and simply cut and paste their mission statement into their reply to customer inquiries. I will no longer shop MyHabit and encourage others who have had a bad experience to make it known until MyHabit changes their business model and offers service for the luxury products they sell.

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 2:23:05 PM PST
Tibi says:
I just purchased a Brioni tuxedo from myhabit for my husband. He already owns several Brioni suits and therefore I was seriously shocked by the poor quality of the item I received. It's obviously a fake. Very disappointing! I always thought that myhabit was a reliable site - not anymore!

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 8:56:03 PM PDT
the Faconnoble shirts are not the same quality as sold in high end stores cheaply made
like fakes with labels. Some buyer got conned. Also they charge 4.50 return charge which
is not disclosed until you go to return something. I am not impressed so far.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xd82aec28)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gold Box forum
Participants:  91
Total posts:  138
Initial post:  May 21, 2011
Latest post:  Feb 5, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 18 customers

Search Customer Discussions