Customer Discussions > Gold Box forum

Save a penny on the xbox 360 250gb?? Really lightning deal how so?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 26 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 22, 2012 9:25:32 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 9:31:00 PM PST
You realize that the "Deal" is the free $50 gift card that comes with it, right? the PENNY discount is just to ensure you're getting the one with the gift card, versus the one without.

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 9:32:47 PM PST
Julio Romero says:
lol. Good thing I read descriptions.

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 9:33:05 PM PST
Daniel, okay mud in my face!!

Well I just returned it, so someone is going to be happy.

HAHAHAHA joke was on me!! Thanks for the clarification :))

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 9:50:48 PM PST
I joined the waitlist, and was notified a few mins later. It sat in mycart and expired. I went back and re-joined the waitlist and it went straight to my cart. Another 12 minutes until it expires... There must be tons of people who bailed on this.

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 10:03:38 PM PST
Ya the wife got in on it. But really that description is only if you put your mouse over the description and let it sit there for a couple of seconds. There was really no way for the normal "I need to add this and get it into my cart" lightning shopper to know this. But eh, I love Amazon, so it is what it is!!!

My apologies for starting the thread, however I think there is a legitimate gripe about the lack of "readily available details", without hovering your mouse over to see some secret text.

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 10:05:47 PM PST
I usually read the deals long before the time arrives so I know what I'm getting. "Hidden text" and all. Then I'm not scrambling at the last minute. But that's just me.

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 11:00:11 PM PST
C. Avalos says:
Anyone know when we'll get the gift card? When the Xbox ships?

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 11:09:24 PM PST
Hank says:
I played with this in my cart twice, but decided against it because you can get the same price from Best Buy online. If I had seen the $50 I would have bought it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2012 11:11:08 PM PST
C. Avalos says:
they're actually all sold out of the bundle on Best Buy, which is why I got it here. There's a similar bundle on the Microsoft store except instead of Skyrim, it includes Halo http://xbox.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/html/pbpage.Xbox-250-GB-Forza-4-Halo-Anniversary-Bundle?ESICaching=off

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2012 11:21:20 PM PST
>> C. A, says: Anyone know when we'll get the gift card? When the Xbox ships? <<

If last year is any indication, you'll get an email with the gift card code a few days after the xbox ships.

Apply to code to your account (Instructions in the email will tell you how) at anytime, and it will sit ready for you to apply to your next order.

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 11:23:53 PM PST
BillyGoat says:
Not sure how it's a deal even with the gift card. You can go to Microsoft and get same package for 200 bucks.

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 11:24:26 PM PST
Hank says:
I wonder how many they're willing to sell. Even showing a waiting list I just instantly got one in my cart again.

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 11:37:22 PM PST
The best deal is the star wars xbox bundle for 349. With no sales tax it easily beats every store out there by 20+ dollars and is the coolest xbox ever. It was 379 yesterday on the website. I have been checking it for weeks because I work at Amazon and get a 10% discount so I was just waiting for payday lol. You may not want to spend that much money and I can understand wanting under 200 dollars for an xbox with all the christmas presents to buy but its worth it for me :) There are other places online to check but keep in mind there will be more deals on cyber monday and all of next week.

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 11:42:58 PM PST
Hank says:
I agree, I let it expire again....

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 11:48:52 PM PST
KLL says:
Chatted with a customer service rep about the gift card as it seems to disappear after the XBOX (lightning deal) goes into your cart. He said there is no XBOX gift card offer. I asked him again to check as a $.01 difference in price is not a good deal to sit on the computer waiting for. He replied, that there was not one. I know I saw it and then it was gone. Whatever, going to Best Buy or Target now....nice informed customer service reps.

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 11:52:36 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 22, 2012 11:52:54 PM PST
BillyGoat says:
go to microsoft website. 200 dollars for the 250gb version with 2 games.

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 12:02:23 AM PST
I was real disappointed with amazons selection this year. I stayed out of the stores for this, now it seems like such a waste of a night and great deals elsewhere

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 6:58:31 AM PST
SB says:
KLL the CSR told me the same thing. There was an offer of a free $50 gift card. I received an email stating that I should receive it within 4 days after the order ships.

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 3:22:43 PM PST
I contacted customer service about the gift card and their reply was....
I'm sorry to hear the $50.00 gift card promotion didn't apply to your order and you had to contact us.
I searched for the promotion for "Xbox 360 Console" in lightning deals on our website but I wasn't able to find the promotion.
The rep's name is Shravan.

Has anyone else been able to get a confirmation other than SB?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 3:28:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 23, 2012 3:31:51 PM PST
Laurie... did the price you pay end in .95 or .96?

If it was .95, then you'll get the gift card by email a few days after the console ships. It wont show in your cart.

If you paid .96, then you paid the "normal" price, and will not get the gift card.

That's why the penny difference in the prices. So they can differentiate if you got the "deal" or you picked up the usual every-day package.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 3:37:22 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 23, 2012 3:38:37 PM PST
It ended in.95 How do I get confirmation on this? I can get it for 199.99 with the same package elsewhere, but I wanted the amazon card.

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 3:41:55 PM PST
I can't confirm it nor promise it of course. All I can tell you is that the same thing happened pretty much daily all week last year, and people who got the lower price (by 1 cent) got their gift card by email. Several came back to the threads to report their success.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 4:13:55 PM PST
Thank you Daniel.

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 11:56:12 AM PST
C. Avalos says:
So it's been about a week since I got my Xbox and still no gift card...
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gold Box forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  26
Initial post:  Nov 22, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 10, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions