Customer Discussions > Gold Box forum

Gold Box Deal: 45% Off Select Puma Running Shoes

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-22 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 30, 2013 12:31:57 AM PST
J. S. Cooper says:
Puma makes some really nice styles. Too bad these aren't one of them. Fugly!

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 12:54:01 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 1:23:08 AM PST
NevesNET says:
Average price on average running shoes, nothing to write home about here. Puma™ tend to run about ˝ size small and narrow compared to other major brands. One should keep that in mind when considering this purchase.

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 3:57:31 AM PST
No wide sizes...

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 5:43:59 AM PST
M. Murray says:
What's the difference between 14 D and 14 D (M)? What's the significance of the M? Some Men's shoes in this list are only available in 14 D and some are only available in 14 D (M). Any ideas? Google apparently can't tell me what the M is sadly.

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 5:47:41 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 30, 2013 5:48:09 AM PST
All Trump says:
Murray- I was literally typing the same question... 10 D vs 10 D (M)? What's the D and what's the M stand for? Anybody? Also, can anyone comment on how accurate the sizing is compared to other running shoes? Thanks.

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 5:56:42 AM PST
M. Murray says:
From what I read online, the D means normal/medium width. The (M). No idea.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2013 6:45:21 AM PST
Zippy99 says:
M means medium. (N)arrorw, (M)edium, (W)ide is an alternative to the typical North American system of B, C, D, E, EE, EEE, EEEE, F, G

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2013 6:45:24 AM PST
The (M) doesn't mean anything, the 14 D and 14 D (M) will fit the same. In general Puma fits about a 1/2 size small but Voltaics run a little closer to true to size.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2013 6:58:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 30, 2013 1:15:30 PM PST
Yes, I was thinking something similar. Normally Puma is one of my favorite brands, with both style, construction quality, and fit. I have several shoes by Puma. But these...particularly the woman's, aren't attractive, IMO. At least the men have better colors to choose from.

BTW, the "buy 1/2 size larger" advice I *often* see in shoe reviews here on Amazon only worked for me once -- the exception was a pair by Capezio, and that company admits their sizes are too small in their own product descriptions. Otherwise, I have always settled on my normal size, including with Puma shoes. I have slightly wide feet across the toes, just over a B but not quite a C width, with a narrow heel and average instep. Typically my normal size in B width for Puma shoes fits like it was made for me.

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 7:11:03 AM PST
All Trump says:
I'm all over the Blue and Orange. GO ILLINI!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2013 7:20:23 AM PST
Nanciejeanne says:
I think a LOT of the athletic shoes are kind of ugly. I mean...why are they such weird colors? Most people wouldn't normally choose regular shoes that are blue with orange stripes, why is it okay athletic ones? Now, don't get me wrong...I love shoes...odd ones, funky ones, etc. but for the bigger clunkier shape of athletic shoes, I don't WANT my feet to look like big, electric blue bricks!! ha ha!! I liked when women wore these white ones. Way cuter. :D

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2013 7:22:07 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 30, 2013 7:26:43 AM PST
Or these retro Pumas, SWEET:
PUMA Women's Janine Dance Shoe,Black/White,7 B US

Speaking of lace up canvas sneakers, these are the most comfortable ones I've ever worn:
Dr. Martens Women's Edgware Shoe,Indigo Denim,5 UK/7 M US

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2013 7:33:15 AM PST
Nanciejeanne says:
oooh Generic!! I LIKE those white pumas!!! :)

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 7:43:53 AM PST
At least today's deal is not another cheap wrist watch!

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 11:24:59 AM PST
Lisa says:
Bought these in blk w the 20% off show email. Just got them and found they are great! The only thing I am not crazy about is the top remind me of wrestling shoes. I got the pink & blk ones . Those are the only ones that aren't discounted in my size 7 1/2. I got them for $42, they are now $70. I like them for price. I traded them in for some new balance ones fiancé bought for me for Xmas. I didn't like the NB because the sole wasn't thick enough to add height since I am a lil short, these have nice thick sole which add a lil height. Great color and happy didn't buy them at full price!

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 1:08:33 PM PST
ck says:
For people reading the reviews of the women's shoes and wondering about sizing since so many reviewers are saying the shoes run small, note that you are better off looking at the European sizing than the US sizing. Click on the sizing chart and you will see that what is a 41 in Nike is smaller with at least this Puma style. If you aren't familiar with Puma but have another pair that fits well, check the label on the tongue of the shoe. It should list both the US and the EUR sizes.

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 1:52:12 PM PST
Puma makes the least comfortable shoes I've ever worn.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2013 2:07:58 PM PST
I like the looks of these. No offense, NJ, but pink and purple are neutral colors in my wardrobe.

But I have so many sneakers already, I don't NEED them.

<cries a little>

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2013 2:34:50 PM PST
ck says:
I needed a new pair of shoes, and bright would be fun. However, fit of athletic shoes is critical so it's hard to do the final click in these guys.

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 2:40:07 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 30, 2013 3:19:50 PM PST
G Spot says:
Cant comment on Puma but if you are looking for a good shoe that fits. New balance. Check out joesnewbalance.com They have great prices and awesome customer service. No I dont have any affiliation, just like Joes.

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 4:58:41 PM PST
S. Whipple says:
Too bad they are not in size 15 men... :-(
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gold Box forum
Participants:  17
Total posts:  22
Initial post:  Jan 30, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 30, 2013

Search Customer Discussions