Customer Discussions > Gold Box forum

Watch Out!!! Amazon billing regular price on Lightning Deals

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 23, 2012 12:08:03 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 12:09:27 PM PST
W. Steinmetz says:
On your final check out screen before you "place order" it will show you the lightning deals discount.

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 12:11:12 PM PST
x3d33x says:
It adds the difference between normal price and the deal price as a "promotional or gift card balance". You see the full price through the whole check-out process but then it applies the "promotional/gift card" balance when finalizing.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 12:11:53 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 12:16:13 PM PST
henryf says:
Look at the top of your email and it will show lightning deal discounts even though it shows the $9.96 on the receipt

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 12:17:58 PM PST
x3d33x says:
It'll show regular price on the actual invoice too, and shows the lightning discount towards the bottom with the total.
If the discount isn't there, give Amazon a ring. They've always been very helpful for me. :)

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 12:26:57 PM PST
Katie says:
Also, if it doesn't show the discount anywhere... You may have waited too long to check out. Lightning deals are just that - they go quick.

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 12:39:43 PM PST
Not a time issue or a minimum shipping issue. I emailed Amazon and told them about the problem. They made a manual adjustment to the bill to reflect the discounted price.

I'm sure there are many people that won't check their bill carefully however and will not get the discount. Hopefully Amazon will make it right without customer action.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 1:00:35 PM PST
FloB says:
Same thing happened to me but when I called I did not get the adj - so I just c
ancelled

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 10:45:27 PM PST
lstrl0308 says:
The same thing happened to me, only I caught it before I finalized the purchase. I just went back to the Amazon homepage and went through the checkout process again and the lightning deal price stayed the second time around.

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 11:55:59 PM PST
Amazon is a transparent company and will show the regular price and the discount and yes you must meet the cut off time to get the discount, so ont't blame Amazon they will always make it right!

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 12:15:50 AM PST
S. Sarnowski says:
Amazon is a transparent company and will show the regular price and the discount and yes you must meet the cut off time to get the discount, so ont't blame Amazon they will almost always make it right!

there, fixed for ya Ralph E. Amazon service is fantastic. It's also among the worst. Nearly just as many times as I've had great service I've had awful service. It's just a matter of getting through to a Rep who actually a crap. More often than not, in a situation or problem such as this they have always been great. Unfortunately not 100% of their staff is great. So they don't always make it right but usually they will...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 5:24:36 AM PST
Well, I will first say It's what you put into it is what you will get out of it. I would like to say you are entitled to believe your situation to be 50/50 good and bad. One thing I will say you are the customer and will remain right as long as you are transparent about the situation, computers are date stamped on transactions and some people get all upset if they miss the deal and then they turn against the company they are purchasing the deal from. I have had a 99.999% good experience with Amazon and will say they do the very best considering the volumn they deal with on a daily work load. 19. 5 million customers a day use there business and I feel your entiled to not be perfect, but this company by far is closer to perfect than any walmart, target,jcpenny....... I have been in. They have customer service in the right frame of mind.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gold Box forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Nov 23, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions