Customer Discussions > Gold Box forum

Today is Elvis's birthday

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 51 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 8, 2011 10:45:14 AM PST
jazz lady says:
Anyone have any personal stories /memories of "The King". What is your favorite Elvis song or performance? Mine is the "68 Comeback Special".

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2011 10:56:21 AM PST
Gary Lahm says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jan 8, 2011 11:09:47 AM PST
Chris Rizzle says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2011 11:12:26 AM PST
TicketyBoo says:
I liked Wooden Heart because I always remember my Mum singing it. I was very impressed that she could sing the German words too?

Posted on Jan 8, 2011 11:19:55 AM PST
L. Brown says:

Posted on Jan 8, 2011 11:21:09 AM PST
Marye E. says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2011 11:32:08 AM PST
Rhea D. says:
Somebody should tell that to George Washington and Abe Lincoln then.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2011 11:34:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2011 11:34:25 AM PST
Fletcher says:
Cliff Clavin said, "You can only have a birthday if you are alive to celebrate another year of life."

Do you just make up stuff and pass it off as fact often? A birthday is the anniversary of someone's birth, and we celebrate the birth of dead people all the time.

Posted on Jan 8, 2011 12:05:56 PM PST
lazylakedog says:
Happy Birthday Elvis!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on Jan 8, 2011 1:51:41 PM PST
MK Blue says:
Are you lonesome tonight,
do you miss me tonight?
Are you sorry we drifted apart?
Does your memory stray to a brighter sunny day
When I kissed you and called you sweetheart?
Do the chairs in your parlor seem empty and bare?
Do you gaze at your doorstep and picture me there?
Is your heart filled with pain, shall I come back again?
Tell me dear, are you lonesome tonight?

I wonder if you're lonesome tonight
You know someone said that the world's a stage
And each must play a part.
Fate had me playing in love you as my sweet heart.
Act one was when we met, I loved you at first glance
You read your line so cleverly and never missed a cue

Then came act two, you seemed to change and you acted strange
And why I'll never know.
Honey, you lied when you said you loved me
And I had no cause to doubt you.
But I'd rather go on hearing your lies
Than go on living without you.
Now the stage is bare and I'm standing there
With emptiness all around
And if you won't come back to me
Then they can bring the curtain down.

Is your heart filled with pain, shall I come back again?
Tell me dear, are you lonesome tonight?

Posted on Jan 8, 2011 2:53:34 PM PST
JF says:
Sara T and Scooter rock and C.T. Russell, L. Brown and Mary E are hostile, unhappy people who get weird kicks from trying to anonymously insult people from behind the safety of their computers because they are undoubtedly meek cowards in real life.

P.S. Today is also my birthday. I'm typing this so I am most likely alive and therefore it counts.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2011 3:18:55 PM PST
L. Brown says:

Posted on Jan 8, 2012 5:54:57 AM PST
SLAYER says:
Elv1s 30 #1 Hits

In competing versions of the story, what Elvis Presley really wanted for his birthday was a rifle or a bicycle-both fairly typical choices for a boy his age growing up on the outskirts of Tupelo, Mississippi. Instead, Elvis's highly protective mother, Gladys-"She never let me out of her sight," Elvis would later say-took him to the Tupelo Hardware Store and bought a gift that would change the course of history: a $6.95 guitar. It was January 8, 1946, and Elvis Aaron Presley was 11 years old.

The historical significance of putting a guitar into the hands of a young man who would later help define rock and roll is obvious. For Elvis himself, however, getting that guitar was just one more step in a thorough yet totally unplanned program of childhood musical development that prepared him perfectly to ignite a revolution 10 years later.

Posted on Jan 8, 2012 6:04:20 AM PST

Posted on Jan 8, 2012 11:53:21 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2012 12:56:42 PM PST
BenB says:
He asked me not to tell, but he dropped by today (he's cut his hair short and grown a full beard) and gave me a slice of his birthday cake!

Happy Birthday Elvis! (-and Jennifer!)

Posted on Jan 8, 2012 12:44:49 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 25, 2012 5:34:22 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 8, 2012 12:47:55 PM PST
A Customer says:

Posted on Jan 8, 2012 1:04:26 PM PST
stoney says:
Wow, so many haters in this thread. My goodness, what did Elvis ever do to you? Did your girl love Elvis back in the day?
Elvis would have been 77. Holy, moly, 77! Why that's almost a good age to die. Unless you're 76, then 88 is a good age to die. Unless you're 87............

Posted on Jan 8, 2012 1:09:16 PM PST
Everybody Lets Rock!!!T.C.B!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2012 1:29:01 PM PST
Typical Lisa haters, hahaha! The future Mrs. Michael Jackson and the one and only.

Posted on Jan 8, 2012 1:56:15 PM PST
I still remember that one of the girls in my high school got to touch his hand at a state fair grounds concert, and then came home and washed her hand and stored the water in a freezer for well over six years.

I also saw Elvis at one of his last concerts at Lake Tahoe. He was sweaty, very overweight, but still could sing like an angle, without a single instrument playing along in the background.

Posted on Jan 8, 2012 2:00:47 PM PST
Egó,ňr says:
My birthday as well

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2012 2:13:01 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2012 2:13:58 PM PST
villageidiot says:

Posted on Jan 8, 2012 2:24:27 PM PST
I grew listening to Elvis and loved his music, my mother was his biggest fan. She had gotten tickets to see his concert when he died and never did get to the king perform. What a great disappointment for her. Happy Birthday Elvis where ever you are.

Posted on Jan 8, 2012 2:34:47 PM PST
ratmotor says:
Supposedly, Sonny Crockett released Elvis into the Everglades.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gold Box forum
Participants:  38
Total posts:  51
Initial post:  Jan 8, 2011
Latest post:  23 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions