Customer Discussions > Gold Box forum

what gifts are you returning?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-24 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 26, 2012 12:12:02 PM PST
what are you returning?
what are you regifting??

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 12:31:32 PM PST
I'm attempting to return a portable DVD player that is defective. The company, GoHastings, says they can't take it back if it's opened. How would I know it didn't work without opening it? They are Amazon sellers so beware!

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 12:34:12 PM PST
tonyS says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 12:37:24 PM PST
Returning a case of Almond Milk that Fed Ex smashed...milk everywhere! Fed Ex is staffed by crazy folks if they could not notice they destroyed a package...it was their "Smart Ship" where they dump it off at the Post Office, my poor post Office was stuck w/ the clean up and Fed Ex will not answer their calls!
Amazon is reshipping via UPS- Thank God!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 12:52:11 PM PST
shhh

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 12:58:16 PM PST
A bad case of herpes that I received Christmas Eve. ;0
Beware the misltetoe!

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 1:04:34 PM PST
Robyn says:
A well-meaning relative gave us a huge box of beef jerky. Problem is, my husband is a vegetarian, and I can't chew the stuff. Trying to sell it on eBay. sigh...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 1:05:45 PM PST
tonyS says:
Can you donate it to some homeless or needy people?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 1:18:29 PM PST
Shake Weight Dumbbell - Purple

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 1:28:57 PM PST
Robyn says:
I hadn't really thought of donating it. The stuff is mostly really hot habanero flavors, not the sort of thing to nourish the hungry. Something to consider, though. Truth be told, I need the money, but if it doesn't sell, I'll see it's not wasted.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 4:47:17 PM PST
Robyn-
Your jerky sounds wonderful!!! He he...goes to show, we all like different stuff!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 5:00:02 PM PST
MainMat says:
funny!

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 5:03:21 PM PST
I normally don't return things other than clothing that doesn't fit. I normally try things out and if I don't like them barter with friends and co-workers for something useful.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 5:04:19 PM PST
Romper, you can regift it but not return it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 6:14:23 PM PST
Nothing to return or regift here.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 6:58:58 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 7:07:46 PM PST
Paul says:
I have a question with you. How long have you used the item? If you received the item a couple of days ago and no longer used the item except first time opening, then you should be able to return the item in its original shipping box to the seller for a full refund with no issue. On the other hand, if you have used the item for a few weeks, then you need to negotiate with the seller for a partial refund. I know that Amazon has a 30-day return and refund policy, but individual sellers have their own policies. In addition, if the problem came from shipping damage, then you needed to explain it to the seller and ask the seller to issue you a full refund. The seller should contact the shipping company for a refund.

If the above solution did not work, then you needed to submit an A-Z claim and offer as much detail as the problem you have to Amazon. They will help you deal with the problem.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 7:03:19 PM PST
MainMat says:
What if you ordered something and there's nothing wrong with it. It's still brand new in the box, but you changed your mind and dont want to keep it. Can you still return it?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 7:06:46 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 7:06:56 PM PST
Paul says:
You need to contact the sellers and ask them if you can get a full refund. Technically, under 30 days of the purchase, Amazon will issue you a full refund but I do not think all of other sellers will do so because a restocking fee may be charged.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 7:16:52 PM PST
MainMat says:
Ok, thanks for the info sir. I'll try to figure out how to contact the sellers.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 7:24:42 PM PST
Keeg says:
Returning Bath & Body Works sprays and lotions for that things that smell better.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 7:37:06 PM PST
Truex says:
Well my lovely niece bought me NBA2k13 that she knew I wanted (my mom bought it and put her *nieces* name on it). I wanted it for my PSP so that I can take it with me when I go out on long rides and such. Well no stores sell the PSP version and so my mom grabs the Wii Version instead (Play the console versions on my Xbox 360). My niece was soo happy to give it to me that I couldn't tell her it was the wrong one, but my mom gave me to receipt and I returned it for the money and just ordered the Xbox 360 version here on Amazon because they too are out of the PSP version. Everything else was good.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 7:39:45 PM PST
Truex says:
That Jerky would do wonders in a Zombie Apocalypses! hehe.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 11:01:53 AM PST
Peter:
I discovered the DVD player was defective immediately so it was never used. I tried to contact the company but every menu option ended the call. There was no refund information in the box. I have sent e-mails every day and have not gotten a response. I'll check into that A-Z claim. Thank you so much for your advice!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 12:43:15 PM PST
Mam says:
From the gohastings.com website:

Product returns due to our error or defective product:
Contact a Customer Service Representative at 1-877-427-8464 or service@goHastings.com for a return shipping label. Follow the instructions on the return shipping label to return the product.

Try their service email. I think the Amazon A-Z will work only if you bought it from gohastings through Amazon.

I use gohastings sometimes - I will bear it in mind in the future. I think most electronics vendors do have strict return policices though.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gold Box forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  24
Initial post:  Dec 26, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions