Customer Discussions > Gold Box forum

Slow left lane drivers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 64 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 14, 2013 1:43:05 PM PST
Is just one of my pet peeves when people drive way below the speed limit on the left lane, you happen to have a slow motorist in front of you, a slow-poke tooting along on the left lane & here you are stuck behind 2 idiots!

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 1:45:13 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 15, 2013 7:34:07 PM PDT]

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 1:46:10 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 14, 2013 1:47:10 PM PST
medialint says:
Very seldom do I find that these motorists are actually going slower than the posted (maximum) speed limit.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 1:51:29 PM PST
This is against the law and I have seen people pulled over by the police for it.

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 1:58:26 PM PST
Eric Preston says:
All other drivers are idiots or maniacs.

True story

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 2:18:40 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 14, 2013 2:56:14 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 2:23:12 PM PST
Eric Preston says:
Wisest man I ever didn't meet. Yes, that was a Carlin reference. Him and Bill Hicks, Smother's Brothers, Lenny Bruce, all wise beyond their environments.

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 2:26:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 14, 2013 2:27:05 PM PST
OldAmazonian says:
Anyone tailgating, needlessly weaving in and out, flashing lights, honking a horn or accelerating/slowing abruptly is plainly a knucklehead.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 2:28:16 PM PST
How else ya gonna have fun. SMH

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 2:43:44 PM PST
Luke Ray says:
It's all about being considerate. I chose not to 'cruise' in the left lane unless I'm passing people. Regardless of if the other person is speeding or not, it's courtesy to move over. There are even big signs all over that say 'Slower Traffic Keep Right' in block letters. Slower doesn't mean you ARE slow, it means you're going slower than another person. When someone is in the left lane and passing, I stay back. As soon as they should get over, I start edging up. Mostly people will move over, but if they don't I don't start honking and flashing my lights...usually. Although some people will move over with a quick flash. Of the headlights, that is.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 2:49:55 PM PST
Don't ever come to Seattle then. People here are the absolute worst left lane slow pokes I have ever encountered.

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 2:51:59 PM PST
R.M. says:
I commute on a stretch of interstate that is under construction. The presently posted maximum speed is 55 MPH. The only lane that isn't bumpy is the left most lane. So I am there in the left lane doing the speed limit and see a lot of people upset. Some zoom around and cut me off. Some flash their lights repeatedly. One even honked their horn for a whole mile.

One night an SUV behind me flashed his lights and I ignored him like the rest. Then he turned on his bubbles to show he was a cop. As soon as I changed lanes he just turned off the bubbles and sped down the road.

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 2:52:15 PM PST
Driving too slow in the left hand lane is as dangerous as driving too fast in any lane.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 2:59:29 PM PST
OldAmazonian says:
Driving "too slow" in the left hand lane is only as dangerous as those other incompetent knuckleheads make it.

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 3:00:43 PM PST
Geronimo says:
Al Geezer - you need to get in the right lane, or move with the prevailing speed of traffic. You are the type of driver that I WILL pull in front of, and WILL test the reaction time of your brakes. That's my way of telling you that you have no business being in the left lane pissing off other motorists.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 3:01:52 PM PST
OldAmazonian says:
The carpoon was made with you in mind, Geronimo.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 3:05:18 PM PST
esanta says:
Oh yeah, because causing an accident is such a smart way of improving safety and teaching him a lesson. Just because he's an idiot for driving slowly in the fast lane doesn't make it right for you to compound the problem by endangering his life, yours, and that of other people on the freeway. I hope you get pulled over by the cops and given a good dressing down.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 3:05:31 PM PST
>>carpoon?
That sounds naughty. ;)

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 3:05:39 PM PST
Onońdagegá says:
The law says 'Slower traffic keep right'. It doesn't say you own the road and can drive in whatever lane you like.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 3:08:37 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 14, 2013 3:46:41 PM PST
OldAmazonian says:
186,000 Miles per Second: Not just a good idea. It's the Law.

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 3:09:25 PM PST
B. Geiger says:
If you are driving on the New Jersey turnpike, the law says "Keep right except to pass". So you can't legally just drive along in the left lane.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 3:11:22 PM PST
OldAmazonian says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 3:13:42 PM PST
medialint says:
If you're driving in New Jersey you'll also see signs which say "Right Lane: Left Turn Only" so ...

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 3:26:24 PM PST
Archangel says:
I think it's just common sense, courtesy, and self preservation. If the person behind you comes like a rolling penny down that third lane, it shouldn't matter to anybody else but the cop (if he ever gets caught, or when he gets caught), because that's their job. We can't tell if this person is having a real emergency and is speeding to get somewhere fast, the person may not even commonly drive in such manner, but this one occasion he/she had to drive faster. Or maybe is under the influence, trying to flea, or it's just an irresponsible driver. So I choose to get out of the way, let them pass, and hope there's no accidents... I have seen drivers get angry and retaliate with their vehicles towards someone who appeared to be oblivious to their fast approach, that was not a pretty picture at all! I thought there was going to be a pile up in the high way, when this guy pulled ahead of this lady on the middle lane (passed on the right) then went back in the left lane, and stepped on his brake so hard he almost came to a stop right there! :S

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 3:41:47 PM PST
Jason Wagner says:
We live in a society where everone is only concerned about themselves. Some think that they can drive whatever speed they choose and who cares what effect it has on traffic. Then there are those people who think they have the right to tailgate, weave, not signal, etc... because "I'm inportant". I drive above the speed limit but do not tailgate people (usually makes them go slower) and if someone comes up behind me I get out of their way. The other problem is people don't keep their same speed on the highway. I use cruise control a lot. I always come up on people in the right lane going at least 5 mph faster than them, then when I signal and try to pass they speed up. It's probably mostly subconcious but man is it annoying. Or I'll do the same speed for miles and miles and contantly pass and get passed by the same people.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gold Box forum
Participants:  41
Total posts:  64
Initial post:  Jan 14, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 16, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions