Customer Discussions > Gold Box forum

Are UPS drivers really that stupid?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 312 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 2, 2012 1:52:30 PM PDT
J. S. Cooper says:
UPS drivers don't seem to be savvy enough to knock on a door or ring a doorbell, but have no problem leaving packages in the pouring rain.

Getting a package in two days isn't worth much if it's ruined sitting in the rain, because the moron delivering it can't ring a doorbell.

From now on, any package left in the weather will stay there until Amazon sends someone to retrieve it and delivers one that isn't water damaged.

I'm expecting a $7000 camera tomorrow, so I'm sure it will require a signature. I'll be here waiting for it, but bet I'll find a delivery attempt notice on my door because the UPS moron won't bother to knock or ring the door bell.

UPS gets zero stars for their pathetic service. I wish Amazon would use Fedex. They may not be the best, but they're certainly leagues ahead of the troglodytes in brown trucks.

Anybody else get such exemplary service from UPS? If you do, complain to Amazon, and do it often. Maybe they'll get sick of hearing about it and do something. If enough products are ruined sitting in the rain, maybe Bezos will wise up and fix the problem.

I'm sure UPS makes a fortune delivering Amazon packages. Ever look in the back of a UPS truck and notice how many Amazon boxes are in it?

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 1:56:50 PM PDT
Never had a problem here in rainy Seattle with UPS leaving a package out in the rain. If it is just cloudy even they will always put the package inside a plastic bag and tie the top shut.

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 1:59:46 PM PDT
Ann L. Hamil says:
yet another boring post on delivery carriers, this is not amazons problem. You have a bad delivery person therefore call ups and complain to them. All carriers have both good and bad delivery people, we don't all have an issue with bad service from ups or anyother carrier. If you've been looking into these threads you will see numeruos posts on this issue. i know it's frustrating and you are angery but really you have to take it up with ups.

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 2:03:58 PM PDT
Never had problems with UPS here in Texas. Our driver is awesome. He will knock on my door, or my neighbors if I don't answer. I also asked him to leave packages in a specific place when I went on vacation once and he obliged. He is one of many that care about customers getting their packages, especially during hollidays.

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 2:05:41 PM PDT
Kats says:
Agree with Ann completely. We get a lot of packages (living in a small town with few retail choices means lots of online ordering!) and we make it a point to befriend our drivers, UPS, FedEx or whomever, and we always remember them at the holidays. So we get great service. If you can't do that because you are not home, leave a note on the door with a thank you and a kind request to leave the package where you want it left. If all else fails, call UPS and tell them about the problem. No one should put up with poor service but this really is not Amazon's fault in any way. You always get the best results by going to the source.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2012 2:07:52 PM PDT
M. Dennis says:
UPS drivers always ring my door bell and never leave packages exposed to rain. I find your your post unfair and unkind. Maybe you better take a look at yourself instead of projecting your anger out.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2012 2:09:45 PM PDT
Nanciejeanne says:
I actually get MUCH better service from my UPS man than FedEx. He always walks up my long driveway and puts my things in the back. FedEx always leaves mine right smack in front of my front door where you can see the boxes for blocks and blocks. UPS puts light things on my porch table and envelopes inside my screen door. FedEx just tosses them anywhere on the front porch. :( My ONE lost package last year...FedEx. And it was a chandelier! not something little. No idea when it was left or if it was left at the wrong house. Amazon credited me.

I DO give my ups man a gift card for our local convenience chain twice a year. I try to get him around Thanksgiving because at Christmas they often have temp drivers helping. And Valentines day...he gets a bag of Dove Chocolates and a gift card. ;) My husband happened to meet some ups people once at a function and my driver was like "HEY! I KNOW your wife!! She shops at amazon a lot!" ha ha!

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 2:12:15 PM PDT
David Varney says:
You're an idiot. Here where I live in Florida UPS Kicks BUTT!!!...Maybe you should talk to the manager of your local UPS depot and tell him or her about your poor service. We don't care or want to hear it. It's not Amazons problem after all.

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 2:13:59 PM PDT
Coop says:
If you have a place to put packages or whatever out of the rain, they'll use it. If you don't have something (a doghouse will do) then get one. put a sign on it, "packages here". UPS is a tough outfit. Stupid don't last long. I hope we're not related.

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 2:21:22 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 2, 2012 2:22:32 PM PDT
FlamingoNut says:
Before I had my recently added protected front porch, my driver used to walk to my back yard and put the package by the deck door, and in case of rain, he'd either put it in plastic or leave it in the gazebo (which is on my deck). I was home on a few delivery days over the last few months and noticed that both Fedex (once) and UPS (three times) DID NOT ring my doorbell, they just left the package, even though my car was in the driveway. I though that was kind of lame. I mostly have my packages sent to work, and my UPS driver there is awesome (and extremely tolerant of all my 'stuff').

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 2:22:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 2, 2012 2:26:27 PM PDT
C.K. says:
We have excellent service from UPS and FedX.The USPS not so good.Our UPS driver goes above and beyond to take good care of our packages.It isnt really fair to classify all drivers by the way one does.Its like everything else,there will be poor, good,better,and best among the workers.Amazon has no control over the delivery service.You should be complaining to UPS customer service,not amazon...and NO they are NOT stupid.

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 2:25:29 PM PDT
My UPS driver is a Saint! If we are not here he leaves our stuff in the horse trailer, in a bag if inclement weather...he also loves our dogs, (we are on a farm, way off the road) he gets Christmas Bread every year and always drops off a Thank You note for it!!!!
His Mama raised hm right!

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 2:25:58 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 2, 2012 2:26:44 PM PDT
Hark says:
UPS is my preferred carrier although I've never experienced any problems with FedEx. We have an enclosed vestibule so most of the UPS drivers leave packages inside the screen door where packages are protected from the elements.

In all seriousness, have you considered going to the UPS Tracking site to receive status updates either via email or texting? I just received a package this afternoon, and the email delivery notification was sent within 15 minutes. You do need to enter an email address or phone number for each package to receive the updates. Although perhaps not an immediate alert, it is better than none at all.

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 2:36:08 PM PDT
D. Spooner says:
If it makes you feel any better, the FedEx kid leaves packages out in the open, even though he walks by a covered area two feet away, with a stickie attached that says he left a package at my door...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2012 2:46:37 PM PDT
C.K. says:
My Fed X guy will put the packages under the back carport but we never get a note on the door either.He always sticks it to the package.So we have to find the package to read the note to know it was delivered.Would be helpful if they did actually put it on the door so we know to look for a package.
But overall no Fed X complaints since they do put them on the carport and they always bag them if we aren't home.

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 2:51:59 PM PDT
Frank says:
The old UPS guy use to ring our door bell and leave the package on the away from the street, but not within the last couple of years - maybe its the new guy. Now they leave the package in front rather then by the side for everyone else to see. My problem is UPS sometimes come after hours way after 6 pm and I found my package left overnight in the morning. Most of the time no big deal, I don't buy expensive stuff from Amazon often.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2012 2:56:31 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 2, 2012 2:59:31 PM PDT
Doog37 says:
Of course it is Amazon's problem. They have a business they relies ENTIRELY on packages getting delivered. Okay not entirely now that they started with digital sales, but since I dont buy digitial media (except the occasional app) I really only care about physical service.
I would agree that UPS needs to know about the poor service, but since Amazon is UPS's customer, they have an obligation to Amazon and since we are customers of Amazon they have an obligation to us.
As long as you accept inferior service you will continue to get inferior service.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2012 3:02:39 PM PDT
NiteOOwl says:
There is an app, Slice, that will track all your packages.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2012 3:08:46 PM PDT
Mister says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 8:21:46 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 2, 2012 8:25:40 PM PDT]

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 8:30:24 PM PDT
Usually UPS leaves the package on the doorstep without knocking. The one time it required a signature, the guy tried to carenote me with two cars in the driveway. We caught him trying to slink away with my package. I made him let me sign for it and give it up. FedEx has never made any of those mistakes or problems.

Fedex usually delivers by 11:00 AM, UPS, by 7:00 PM if I am lucky.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2012 8:36:55 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 2, 2012 8:42:46 PM PDT
Mr. Cooper I forwarded your valid complaints on to my friend who is a UPS quality control executive . She assured me that your packages will be dry from now on, however they may smell like urine (due to insinuating that your driver is stupid.)

Your driver isn't stupid Mr. Cooper, he/she just hates you. Try being nicer, maybe your UPS driver will treat you better.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2012 8:42:23 PM PDT
J. S. Cooper says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2012 8:43:25 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 2, 2012 8:46:07 PM PDT
J. S. Cooper says:

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2012 8:44:09 PM PDT
Egó,ňr says:
And it could get worst if UPS says it was delivered and it wasn't, you lose 7 grand. You're a very trusting person.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gold Box forum
Participants:  187
Total posts:  312
Initial post:  Oct 2, 2012
Latest post:  May 16, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions