Customer Discussions > Gold Box forum

tablets

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 18, 2012 3:44:23 AM PST
JLV2 says:
what are some of the best deals on tablets, and what is better O.s. android, windows, ice cream sandwich or Mac. Any ideas? This would be for general home use As I am perm. disabled and spend a lot of time in bed. Movie watching, games etc Being on disability cannot afford much. And being out work for 11 years now T.V.is getting pretty boring same shows,different channels. Thanks for any help at all ---Jeff

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 4:09:38 AM PST
Microsoft Surface is my choice because of the port extensions and extra mem . Seems a bit Pricey so far.
http://surface.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/Content/pbPage.Surface_Category?ESICaching=off?WT.mc_id=cpc_US-en_bing_mshh

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 4:46:36 AM PST
Jersey Jeff says:
Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) is Android 4.0. I had a Vizio Vtab1008 for the last year with which I was quite pleased. Unfortunately, it took a fatal swan dive out of my briefcase onto a concrete driveway. :( I've replaced it with a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1-Inch, Wi-Fi). So far, so good.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 7:56:55 AM PST
Pete Amend says:
I recently bought an Android tablet on Amazon and greatly enjoy it.

Amazon supports Android with it excellent selection of Android Apps, including their Free App of the Day. For FREE, I have gotten dozens of games, as well as utilities and 3 different Microsoft Office compatible editors.

I run the Kindle Reader app and prefer to buy all my books and magazines (when available) in Kindle format. I can search and buy them right from my tablet.

My home page is Amazon.com so Android tablet is a natural. I do not own any Apple computer and the iPad is too expensive. Windows tablets are nice but very few apps to choose from.

I highly recommend getting an accidental damage warranty from Square Trade. I have them on my 3D TV, Kindle, Camera and Android tablet. They are quite inexpensive compared to store warranties like Staples or Best Buy, which often only cover manufacture defects, not accidental damage like dropping or spilling things on them. I noticed that Costco now sells SquareTrade extended warranties as an add on for their TVs. I have never needed to use one but I am happy to have the added piece of mind. They even cover cracked/non-working screens and contacts. You can add it to your order on Amazon and SquareTrade handles the warranty set up.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gold Box forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Nov 18, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions