Customer Discussions > Gold Box forum

A little Public Assistance please?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 24, 2013 10:36:24 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2013 2:10:59 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 25, 2013 2:19:09 AM PST]

Posted on Jan 25, 2013 6:09:01 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 10, 2013 7:15:56 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2013 3:35:29 PM PST
Babs Z. says:
Have you taken any creative writing classes ? Brushed up on your sentence structure and punctuation skills ? Start with the basics.

Posted on Jan 25, 2013 3:48:30 PM PST
Fuzzy says:
Better idea: Start with reading the rules for this Amazon forum.

Posted on Jan 25, 2013 11:24:01 PM PST
Letha says:
"Hi, everyone. I am a young author hoping to start a career. I am posting this on Amazon because I want to use Amazon and their self-publishing services to jump start my career after I have built an audience. So what I am really asking is for you to check out my blog; it is still young, and I am learning how to angle it correctly. So head to [deleted], read, leave your comments, ask some questions, and I will definitely respond. Please share the address if you so desire. Thank you in advance, and I look forward to hearing from you."

Punctuation is your friend. Strive for clarity, conciseness, completeness, and correctness. Oh, and stop begging for attention. When you are doing something worth looking at, then people will start looking at it. Until then, it's a lost cause.

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 12:59:15 AM PST
Brian says:
Abuse reported.

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 1:06:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 26, 2013 1:08:17 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 1:40:19 AM PST
Gracie here...so what are you now? A book righter? I love me some books.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2013 1:58:52 AM PST
Up's up Doc?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2013 3:23:17 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 15, 2013 7:35:41 PM PDT]

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 3:35:12 AM PST
Just little apple banannas. Ever heard of them?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2013 6:19:21 AM PST
Dear Sir,
Will keep this short and sweet. One more time in the event delivery is late, please call office about additional movies you were needing .

Posted on Jan 28, 2013 9:54:31 AM PST
>>>>
leave your comments
<<<<

Here's an interesting fact that may help you in your writing career. Hamlet wasn't actually written by William Shakespeare. It was written by a group of monkeys locked in a room hammering away on typewriters. Some say Christopher Marlowe wrote it, and it is possible that one of the monkeys was named that, but it was definitely monkeys. It was a slow process that took many months just to produce the first draft. Then they had to begin the editing process.

Unfortunately, most new writers can't afford a roomful of monkeys (lemurs work, too), and so you may need to write your material on your own. Just remember it takes time. Commit to spending several hours a day locked in your room, banging on a keyboard. If you do this long enough, you will eventually produce something good.

Be aware, however, that writing can be a lonely endeavor. Many writers deal with this by frittering their days away on an Amazon forum or by drinking. Drinking is probably the safer of two. Bourbon is the appropriate alcohol, both for writers and for monkeys. Scotch is a better choice for Lemurs.

>>>>
Thank you in advance and I look forward to hearing from you.
<<<<

You are welcome, and thanks for asking. I always enjoy sharing my opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2013 10:03:58 AM PST
Doog37 says:
I took a look and my advice is to write interesting things in a clear manner and avoid the phrase "Anyone who knows me personally" whenever possible.

Posted on Jan 28, 2013 10:11:14 AM PST
spammer...trying to sell items thru auction.

Posted on May 13, 2014 7:41:52 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 13, 2014 7:41:57 AM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gold Box forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Jan 24, 2013
Latest post:  May 13, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions