Customer Discussions > Gold Box forum

UPS Workers....I have a Question..I'm a tad upset.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 296 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 30, 2012 9:31:51 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2012 10:20:01 AM PST
Rainer Rocks says:
Why would a package be left at the UPS facility 3 days in a row ?

Missing delivery schedule 3 days in a row and now it will not be delivered again today so I'm going on 4th day which is Saturday ?

Does UPS even deliver on Saturdays ?

Original delivery was suppose to be Weds the 28th while I was tracking it (Tracking doesn't even show the 28th out for delivery anymore..shows arrival at a later time now...i guess it wasn't updated until that night ) and it never showed up so it was scheduled again and again and again and I still haven't recieved it.

I just trying to find out what "Package was left in UPS Facility" means and what would cause a package to be left behind.

This isn't an Amazon problem so I would like to hear from an UPS worker if any of you are lurking.

This package weighs 56lbs.

This was a prime order 2 day shipping that was made on a Monday the 26th.

11/30/2012 10:38 A.M. The package was left in a UPS facility. / Delivery rescheduled.

11/30/2012 10:37 A.M. The package was left in a UPS facility. / Delivery rescheduled.

11/30/2012 7:52 A.M. Out For Delivery

11/29/2012 9:38 A.M. The package was left in a UPS facility. / Delivery rescheduled

11/29/2012 6:58 A.M. Out For Delivery

11/28/2012 11:30 P.M. Arrival Scan

Yes I did call 3 days in a row and so has Amazon . No real explanation other than busy. Busy doesn't cut it when it never leaves facility for 3 days.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 9:34:16 AM PST
Erin says:
Why not call UPS and ask them? You'll surely here from an UPS worker then instead of just hoping one of them spots your question here.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 9:39:47 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 2, 2012 10:53:05 AM PST
Rainer Rocks says:
Did call them and so has amazon . No real expalnation other than busy.

Busy doesn't cut it when it never leaves facility.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 9:50:50 AM PST
JamieinMN says:
They will bring it whenever they want. They are union so nobody can touch them. Hopefully you get it before Christmas.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 10:18:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2012 11:11:16 AM PST
Rainer Rocks says:
I can't help having a feeling the union or corporate has something to do with it. Maybe not allowed to lift a certain amount of weight without help..who knows.

What's even more disturbing (not that i care lol) is the amount of people down voting my
post..what does that say about society ?

Are they UPS people ..pro union people or just evil corp people thinking I should not have a right to question why a package would be left behind 3 days in a row and now going on 4th .

Do they think it will somehow change my life or does it make their miserable life feel better and more powerful.. I think they are sorry lonely loons.

I can just picture these loons reading my post while licking their dribbling spittle and grasping for their mouse in a manic state and clicking no. LOL

Merry Christmas you Loons !

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 10:39:44 AM PST
Personally, I no voted your post because this is a really stupid place to ask a UPS worker a question. Why not go to some other random forum?

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 10:39:48 AM PST
goodridd says:
I'm a part-time employee at UPS and it has nothing to do with the Union. We are experiencing record volume. And not nice little packages, either. TV's, Chairs, Fitness Equipment, etc. We have every driver out 13 to 13 1/2 hours trying their best to make deliveries. Drivers are going out with full trucks and coming back in the afternoon to fill back up. We've hired driver helpers for every driver. We have every Manager dressed in browns, out helping. Our center manager is out delivering. We have our part-time utility drivers out in budget rental trucks making deliveries from 8:30 A.M. to 10:00 PM. Part-time Hub employees are pulling 12 hour days. I'm personally going back in two hours from now to pull another 12 hours after getting 3 hours of sleep.

We are doing our best to get every package delivered.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 10:53:51 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2012 11:01:09 AM PST
Rainer Rocks says:
Thankyou goodridd..appreciate the response.

I think the package might have been lost because the other one was delivered WEDs and it's the exact same item.I Bought 2 of them.

I know you guys are doing the best you can and most likely the problem is out of the UPS workers hands at this time.

Package not leaving for 3 days is a little too much..1-2 days sure I could understand that but it's now going on 4th delivery day where it hs never left facility.

I guess it happens from time to time.

Have a good day and get some rest ... thanks again.

PS: Will packages be delivered on Saturdays in the very busy areas ?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 11:01:01 AM PST
Lakerfan24 says:
I work there & let me tell you that this happens all too often.
It's basically a money saving issue. They don't want to pay extra drivers during peak season so instead of putting extra trucks on the road, they just load up as much as they can on the same # of trucks. So obviously a lot of stuff gets left behind. The larger pkgs have a greater chance of being left behind because they take up too much space in the car.
So in the interest of saving money the customer suffers!
Sorry about your pkg...the majority of employees do care but are limited due to these corporate decisions.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 11:07:54 AM PST
goodridd says:
I agree with you that 3 days is ridiculous. I email Amazon myself if my package misses delivery by 1 day.

If a package is still getting scans, then the box must physically be there. It's likely that the truck got blown out before your second package was loaded.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 11:08:16 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2012 11:16:17 AM PST
Rainer Rocks says:
Yes most workers are wonderful and my UPS guy is great..I always take care of him and not just during the holidays.

Yes the customer always suffers in the end and yes my package is long so it would take up alot of space. Funny part is there were 2 of them and one was delivered .

All I wanted was to understand why a package would be left behind several days and now I have an idea...Oh well..there's worst things in life .

Thanks for taking the time to reply :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 11:12:46 AM PST
D. Caswell says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 11:28:50 AM PST
Rainer Rocks says:
Huh ?

I think you need to learn how to read..I did contact ups so did amazon and they already delivered one of the items which was the same exact item so UPS delivery guy does know what he is doing.

It's not the delivery guy's fault at this point..UPS should be prepared for holiday season and seeing to that first in should go out first regardless of size of package and hired more people to help along with trucks.

This causes customers to get mad at UPS guy when it's not his fault during holiday season and then UPS guy feels resentment towards corp and has nowhere to vent when doing the best he/she can.

I'm not 100% pro union or Corp as both sides have legit beefs. But during the holiday season its clearly Corp's fault not the employees.

It has nothing to do with China who by the way are treated a million times worst. By the way theses items are American Made..so there !

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 11:48:44 AM PST
Rad says:
Go get it yourself.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 11:51:25 AM PST
Yeah, usually they let you pick it up at the warehouse if you live close enough.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 11:53:54 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2012 3:54:35 PM PST
Grumbler says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 11:59:12 AM PST
UPS does not deliver on Saturday unless specified. Saturday and Sunday do not count as deliver days. Thanksgiving and that Friday will not have counted either since UPS was not delivering ground packages either day. If the depot is close, you can pick it up from there. The delay is not acceptable.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 12:08:56 PM PST
Rainer Rocks says:
No car to pick it up and it's not close . So I guess I'll have to wait until Monday..hopefully.

Oh well it's out of hands..pun intended :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 12:16:57 PM PST

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 12:20:12 PM PST
From the looks of those scans, it is not getting loaded. They are getting scanned in and are supposed to be on a truck. Then someone is going over what did not get loaded and scanning them as a missed delivery/left behind. Being a unusual shape (long) is not helping (not your fault). The guys loading it must not have space for it. Missed a few times in a row is crazy, sort of bad luck of the draw. Honestly, not much you can do about it. You can try and get the number of your terminal, not the 800 number, but your local terminal and explain what is going on. Tell them you need to speak to a manager on site, not a customer service rep. They may be able to make sure it gets loaded.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 12:45:38 PM PST
Lene Jensen says:
Talking about questions to UPS, I have often wondered what happens on cross country deliveries that usually takes 5 days. If the car leaves Seattle for DC on a Wednesday, I usually gets it delivered on Tuesday. That's fine, it's ground after all, but what happens on Saturday and Sunday? Is the van sitting somewhere in the middle of no-where while the driver spends the weekend in a hotel? Or is the van driven to a UPS facility and the driver flies home? Enquiring minds wants to know.

I suppose this question isn't unique to UPS, but my raw lamb meat supplier is in Seattle, so and they use UPS ;)

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 12:50:53 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 30, 2012 1:00:47 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 1:01:49 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 30, 2012 1:02:01 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 1:07:14 PM PST
widowTink says:
UPS workers are not the sharpest tools in the drawer. At our old place, we were up on a hill in a rural area. UPS trucks simply could not make it up that steep driveway...especially in the rain. But they would try, and fail, and my packages would get delayed again and again. I tried in vain to get a phone number to call the local delivery office, but it will not be disclosed to anyone for any reason. I went to the office in person, to plead with them to CALL me when I got a package and I would come to pick up. They would not. They still attempted delivery, trucks would slide backwards in the mud and I wouldn't get my packages on time. EVER. THEY WOULD NOT LEARN. One time a truck slid backwards into the ditch at the bottom of the hill. I'm so glad we moved away from that place...it was so frustrating every time I expected a delivery. I hated UPS because they were so dense and stupid for refusing to let me help them.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 1:07:35 PM PST
M. Mueller says:
Call UPS. The box may have broken down @ 56lbs. Perhaps they would like to have it's contents identified.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gold Box forum
Participants:  164
Total posts:  296
Initial post:  Nov 30, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 14 customers

Search Customer Discussions