Customer Discussions > Gold Box forum

Laser Ship

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 952 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 24, 2011 3:26:32 PM PDT
K. Skelton says:
I have purchased many items through Amazon, and have been very happy in the past. My latest order was shipped from amazon via LASER SHIP. my tracking says "delivered" but all I got was a note on my door, and no questions answered as to where my package is or when it will be redelivered.

According to Laser ship, they need to speak with the driver, and hes apparently never in the office. The first time I called the laser ship office, they told me they would call me back, and have yet to do so. Called laser ship cust service, and was told they cant get in touch with the driver. called Amazon, they said they called laser ship and got the same response I did, and then amazon guaranteed that Id receive my package, but no time frame.

I am extremely unhappy, and am now thinking about NEVER ordering from Amazon again, unless I can request USPS, UPS or Fedex, with out having to pay extra.

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2011 4:26:04 PM PDT
This must be a local problem with a specific driver. The last 6 packages I received were delivered by Lasership and every one was delivered to my front door on the date promised.

Posted on May 24, 2011 5:01:57 PM PDT
Cino says:
I've never even heard of Laser Ship, except for on these threads. I was kind of hoping for some really awesome new Navy technology. They do have this: http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2011/04/video-navy-laser-sets-ship-on-fire/

Or at least sharks with frickin laser beams on their heads...

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2011 1:33:57 PM PDT
Joseph Ganz says:
suppoed to be on truck july 13, not yet delered as yet...july 18... they do not know where my order is

Posted on Jul 21, 2011 4:52:53 AM PDT
Robert Li says:
I've had the same problem with Lasership. They first attempted to deliver my package a day after the expected delivery date (2day shipping). Then they changed the status to "delivered" even though it had not been delivered. The delivery guy left a message and a number to call but he never picked up his phone and his voicemail wasn't accepting messages. I never did get through despite a dozen attempts to call him. Calling the main office was no help at all. It took another week before they delivered the package. I've had similar problems with them in the past. I would have purchased locally if I had known it would take so long and involve so much hassle. This company is terrible. btw, have never had a problem getting packages from FedEx or UPS.

Posted on Aug 5, 2011 9:11:44 AM PDT
digital843 says:
Only one note on the tracking and no email tracking which I signed up for. Where's my package?

Posted on Aug 5, 2011 9:17:53 AM PDT
huffies says:
Tracking is very unspecific! Not like UPS or FEDEX which tells you it is on the truck out for delivery.

Posted on Aug 8, 2011 5:44:02 PM PDT
k.maldo says:
Well so much for 2-day shipping. After waiting from 9:30am (when it left for delivery) to 8:30pm, and constantly refreshing the tracking page, it now shows "Attempted delivery at 12:00:00pm." Yeah, how about not? I call the store (which thankfully was still open) and apparently they've been having "problems with a particular driver." So much so, that they have received a wave of similar phone calls. And he's still employed? Be that as it may, I will not risk having my package misplaced by any fake attempts to re-deliver. I told them that I will drive the 20 miles to pick up my package myself. Will NOT be using Amazon Prime as my shipping method again. Lasership just doesn't cut it.

Posted on Sep 21, 2011 1:26:19 PM PDT
M. Dindinger says:
I had a couple of packages shipped by Lasership and didn't have any problems. Two weeks ago I got a message on my cell phone telling me a package was delivered "by the door." I live in an apartment complex so I have no idea what door he delivered to. The package has disappeared and my attempts to contact Lasership have gone without response. I got another call today and when I asked him to try to deliver again tomorrow, he said he would return the package to the warehouse. I still have not heard about the missing package and have no idea how I'm going to get the current one. I have NEVER had these problems with FedEx, USPS, or UPS. Please Amazon, stop using this shipper!!

Posted on Sep 21, 2011 4:29:16 PM PDT
B. Hoover says:
Ever since I moved to MD, I've had Lasership distribute most of my packages. At first, all of my packages arrived on time. However, today was the first time I did not receive my package from Lasership, despite my account stating that the package was delivered to my front door. I wonder what a Lasership employee has to gain from a modestly priced Nintendo DS game.

Those who have problems with missing packages, contact Amazon. The last time this happened to me, Amazon sent out new copy, free of charge.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2011 5:28:47 PM PDT
>>>>
I wonder what a Lasership employee has to gain from a modestly priced Nintendo DS game.
<<<<

Not much.

But the company has a lot to gain by fudging (read: lying about) their on-time delivery percentage.

Make sure to contact Amazon to let them know each time you catch them doing it.

Posted on Sep 22, 2011 11:35:05 AM PDT
Laura Harper says:
Laser ship is terrible! Amazon should not use them. I order from amazon regularly (at least weekly) and have always had a great experience...except when my packages go through laser ship! At least 4 times in the last 6 months they have "attempted to deliver" one day then the next day delivered my packages to the wrong address. No one calls and asks for directions when they can't find us they just drop it wherever convenient. I have actually had a couple call me saying, "we got a package for you, where do you live and we'll drop it off!" Apparently your phone number is on the box and these perfect strangers had the courtesy and honesty to get my package back to me. That's more than I can say for laser ship. Im not usually a negative review writer but I have had it with laser ship. A lot of items I order are time sensitive and if it comes by way of laser ship I can be sure it'll be really late...that's if I get it at all.

Posted on Sep 22, 2011 11:43:30 AM PDT
E. Bunts says:
Only issue I have with laxer ship (pun intended) is that they leave packages by the door. I live in a apt complex, have a patio next to the door, but they dont leave unattended packages on the porch. UPS and Fed Ex atleast would leave the package on the porch next to the sliding glass doors, out of easy reach of someone that may think about taking the package.

Posted on Sep 28, 2011 7:26:05 PM PDT
I am extremely unhappy, and am now thinking about NEVER ordering from Amazon again, unless I can request USPS, UPS or Fedex, with out having to pay extra. Showed out for delivery on 9/27/2011 never showed up. On 9/28/2011 showed out for delivery. At 3:00 i checked and it showed business closed. We are open from 9am till 12am 7 days a week. We have 18 employ'sSony MDR-RF4000K Headphones here the time we are open. Canceled the order. Will pay $20.00 more and get it delivered.

Posted on Oct 14, 2011 1:41:15 PM PDT
Chris Milne says:
It gets worse, i paid for 2 day shipping before, it said the item was delivered...on a saturday but i guess they were out doing something else and decided to drop it off on monday (but not get in trouble for not delivering it on time so they could go ahead and say they did). I will now be making amazon my last resort for purchases instead of my first choice.

Posted on Nov 9, 2011 5:09:58 AM PST
I love amazon and it's wonderful service until now. The lasers hip deliveries are terrible. Laser ship appears to privately contract drivers who use their own vehicles who do not speak with each other or sometimes don't even speak English, so you can't try to tell them where to deliver in the future. UPS, Fedex, and USPS all allow me to tell them where to drop of the package, and go out of their way to deliver to me on time and exactly where I tell them. Laser Ship is not always on the correct delivery day, plus it's a different guy every time. I tell one where to drop off and they say they can't tell anyone else where to deliver to so the packages end up all over the place. Plus they don't appear to be secure in the vehicles being used. The packages are just in the back seat or if it's a station wagon, in the open trunk where everyone can see them. Plus the packages are in their haphazardly. I bet that's why they are usually dented. I really wish there was a way to select only use UPS or USPS when you check out. I do not trust Laser ship at all. There's a reason why they have a 2 star out of 5 rating at online web sites. I do not understand why a quality company like Amazon is using such a terrible company.

Posted on Nov 14, 2011 9:54:41 AM PST
Le says:
I had the same problem. The package was missing, but amazon tracking show it was delivered on time. What a joke

Posted on Nov 14, 2011 10:05:57 AM PST
P. Danielson says:
Sounds like DHL. I was sitting at home with the front door open and the status said attempted delivery twice, try again tomorrow. I don't pay for overnight shipping to get it after two or three days.

Posted on Nov 18, 2011 10:57:59 AM PST
Design Fan says:
Same problem. Tracking said it was delivered yesterday, but it was not. Called Amazon and made a fuss and they are re-sending two items and refunding one (they had it Sunday but not Thursday?) at no charge. Hope they do not send it by Laser Ship - after reading this board I am surprised they use Laser Ship at all, since it makes me contemplate giving up Amazon entirely....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2011 10:55:50 AM PST
I have the same problem. If FedEx, UPS and USPS have no trouble delivering to me (my address is my front door) who are these guys? I'm very unhappy. Amazon, lose Lasership, and BTW, where is my order!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2011 11:10:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 22, 2011 11:12:32 AM PST
I've contacted Amazon's customer service on numerous occasions complaining about Lasership's inability to deliver on time, and, furthermore, to post incorrect (false) updates for delivery. Once, L/S said that they left it at the front desk. We don't have a front desk !!. The next day, the driver delivered the package, and when I questioned him about the previous posting, he just said, "I no speak English"

Posted on Nov 22, 2011 4:29:38 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 23, 2011 2:39:55 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 23, 2011 2:41:25 PM PST
I had several packages that where supposed to be delivered on the 22nd. Was home all day long with no results. Checked tracking throughout the day, "Out for delivery." When I checked the last time at 10:15 PM, tracking said one package had been left at my door at at 8:15 PM and the the other at 8:22 PM. At no time did anyone attempt to make delivery!

Amazon is resending my order and guess who is going to deliver it, Lasership! After my complaining to Amazon and to have them turn around and do this. Not sure I will continue with Amazon or not.

Posted on Dec 3, 2011 11:42:56 AM PST
I recently had an order (peacoat) shipped from Laser Ship and it was returned since the "address was undeliverable." They never tried to contact me or anything before the cancellation email, which was sent a full week after it was supposed to be delivered. This is the first time I remember getting anything shipped from Laser Ship. Everything else I've ordered off of Amazon has gotten to me without a problem. I was fully refunded, but the product was discounted at the time, and the customer service rep on the phone told me that I would have to order the product for the full price now, since the promotion no longer applies.

While I got all of my money back, this is still very annoying as it was a good price for the coat. I'd have to pay close to 100% more now, so needless to say I won't be buying it again. I'll also have to avoid using Laser Ship again.

Posted on Dec 6, 2011 9:34:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 6, 2011 9:35:58 AM PST
John Louw says:
Yesterday I had the same experience as many others have had with Lasership. A package is reported as delivered "at front door" but has not been received. Trying to get answers is not easy. Amazon might reflect on the fact that the reason why many of us buy from Amazon is CONVENIENCE and RELIABILITY. With the latter apparently no longer something that can be relied upon, why bother.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 39 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gold Box forum
Participants:  525
Total posts:  952
Initial post:  May 24, 2011
Latest post:  Apr 11, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 93 customers

Search Customer Discussions