Customer Discussions > Gold Box forum

Waitlist?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 26 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 19, 2012 12:23:37 PM PST
Mommy21 says:
I was added to a waitlist for a lighting deal. How do I know where I am at on the list & how are you notified if the item becomes ava/how quickly do you have to respond? Thx!

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 12:32:02 PM PST
R. Nelson says:
You will be notified by a "popup" yellow box that will appear as long as you are still on an Amazon page. You have to remain surfing the Amazon website to see the box.

Amazon help on waitlist: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200417170_waitlist?nodeId=200417170#waitlist

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 12:32:25 PM PST
SLAYER says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 12:33:58 PM PST
SLAYER says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 12:36:03 PM PST
Mommy21 says:
Thx!

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 12:45:09 PM PST
DB says:
The wait list message works great and then you can add it to your cart, however, be careful - I tried to purchase an item and it reverts back to the original price when you check out. It shows the black friday price in your cart but when you check out it reverted back.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 12:54:51 PM PST
J. S. Cooper says:
one problem is it will continue to tell you you are on the waitlist even once the deal has ended. Thje only time they tell you what your chances are is when you join the waitlist. And they only give you a few minutes to claim the item.

Luckily, you quite frequently get a chance to claim the item. Everytime someone goes over their 15 minutes after claiming, you go up a spot.

I'm on the waitlist for a heater now. I'm number 140 and my chances are poor, but that's happened before. I think Amazon likes to tell you that so your delighted when you get a chance to claim something. Best to just let your screen sit on the deal page, as the notification will quickly disappear.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:01:41 PM PST
Woofie53 says:
When it tells you you can order, I think you only have 15 minutes to purchase the item. Otherwise it reverts back to the original price. Or, it will show up when you make the payment.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:15:30 PM PST
DB says:
I did it immediatly when I got the available for puchase and it still reverted back to the regular on line price. :o(

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:27:34 PM PST
SiliconeDiva says:
It will show the regular price until you are at the final screen of checking out. Then the discount will show as a separate line.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:28:07 PM PST
spinner says:
I thought the same thing, but It seems that Amazon has changed the way they handle the lighting deals, It will go back to the original price on the screen, but when you go to checkout, notice that you should now suddenly have a "promotional credit" available to be used with the purchase. The box to use the credit is already checked.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:30:56 PM PST
J. S. Cooper says:
You don't even have 15 minutes. More like three. Once clainmed, you have the same 15 minutes to check out at the discounted price.

If the checkout screen is wrong, call customer service and tell them you only have a few minutes to correct the price. They will take care of it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:33:52 PM PST
DB says:
Thanks - good to know.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 2:22:59 PM PST
J. S. Cooper says:
I just claimed an item after being on the waitlist and it showed the same thing as always, the regular price and a discount labeled Lightning Deal.

but I was wrong about giving you three minutes to claim an item. It's less than that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 2:27:18 PM PST
S. Deitrick says:
I'm curious...do you know where you started on the wait list and approximately how long you sat on the list? Trying to figure out how long it's worth it to hang in there myself.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 2:31:02 PM PST
J. S. Cooper says:
I started at #145 and my chances were poor. If you want something, it's worth having a screen open until the time has expired. You only move up on the waitlist when other people let their 15 minutes lapse. So you may end up getting in a minute before the deal ends.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 2:44:51 PM PST
SLAYER says:

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 2:47:28 PM PST
i was number 67 for a computer it took 2 minutes for the pop up to tell me to put item in cart and checkout

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 10:59:48 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 11:07:29 PM PST
J. S. Cooper says:

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 11:45:15 PM PST
i think you spelled skeevy wrongly. you must be seething.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 11:46:28 PM PST
Hi, got a waitlist item yesterday 11/19 - to answer your questions
1) there were more than 500 in front of me on the wait list
2) was about 15minutes before the yellow box popped up on the screen saying I could purchase the item at the lightening deal price
3) had 15:00 minutes to purchase - there is a "counter" that shows up on the yellow box and stays there even if you move to another amazon screen
4) regular price did show up when I put item in cart and started checkout - on the "you can reveiw before final" it corrects to the lightening round price.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 12:23:11 AM PST
same straight-to-waitlist thing happened to me on the two ipod touches offered earlier.
im using an iphone to wait for the countdown, and then after 01s remaining, addtocart button did not even appear. when i refreshed, i knew it will be waitlist instantly. i waited again on the next ipod touch (newest generation), same thing. i dont know if amazon's website doesnt work right in the iphone's safari, or you really have to be on a laptop/desktop with trembling fingers on the mouse (or bots programmed?) to be able to get the good deals.
i had no choice but to settle on one chamois and baby dresses that are consolations. my nieces and nephews wont be happy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 2:42:00 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012 3:01:36 AM PST
J. S. Cooper says:

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 2:55:10 AM PST
J. S. Cooper says:

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 2:58:02 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012 3:02:42 AM PST
J. S. Cooper says:
I'm glad you got what you wanted, Lynne.

They must alter the time you have to claim something based on the number available, or how much they want to bother you. I often only get 2 1/2 minutes to claim when I come off a waitlist.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gold Box forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  26
Initial post:  Nov 19, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions