Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 6, 2012 11:15:04 AM PST
anything new on the horizon from Ms. Crusie/

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 12:06:24 PM PDT
Queen Mean says:
No. It's been two years. She's either made enough money and given up writing or she's dead or dying. Her publishers must be saints.

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 11:06:25 PM PDT
I even went to her website and there is nothing on the horizon. I wish she would come out with a new book soon.

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 2:53:53 PM PDT
Queen Mean says:
I was curious as well and decided to go and read her blog. Apparently after a horrendous and completely interfering case of writer's block, she's decided to give up writing. On the one hand, I am sad, but on the other, there's been too many writers who kept going long after their creative juices dried up, churning out crud after dreck after abomination. So I guess I am glad she's quitting rather than ruining the good memories I have of her writing (I swear even Maybe This Time felt like it was something she dusted off her shelf to meet a deadline as opposed to something new and fresh) but at least she isn't going to run it into the ground with bad books. If she's done, she's done and I hope she has a good road ahead in whatever she decides to do. She apparently also has pretty bad health concerns, so everyone should wish her well on that front.

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 10:29:55 AM PST
B. Davis says:
Darn! I loved her sassy female characters and funny outlook on life. Anyone have any other author recommendations?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2013 7:50:06 AM PDT
Yes, Janet Evanovich, absolutely one of the funniest and best writers I've read in a very long time. Highly recommended.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2013 8:18:59 AM PDT
Booklover848 says:
Oh no! Really? I love her books! What a shame!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2013 8:25:30 AM PDT
Booklover848 says:
Sorry but I think Janet Evanovich used to be good! The first twelve books in the Stephanie Plum series were great but now they are terrible! I actually think they are being ghost-written by JE's daughter or some other untalented ghost! Try the Chrissy McMullen series, the Brandy Alexander series, the Pepper Martin series, the In Death series (the last two books weren't great but the first thirty something were stellar) and for funny and light try some of the old Georgette Heyer books like "False Colours" or "The Talisman Ring". Also, the Jenna Bennett books and the Scumble River books. Plus, if you've never read Judith Krantz or Judith Michaels...

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2013 2:13:49 PM PDT
Queen Mean says:
I agree the first couple of Janet Evanovich's were good but they are beyond trite and formulaic at this point. I don't even CARE who the main character ends up with it's so ludicrous.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2013 2:10:37 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 12, 2013 2:11:30 PM PDT
Liz says:
Then for gods sake please please ebook all jennifer crusie books. I having a hard time getting some of them in ebook format. I wish ms crusie all the very best in her recovery and hope it's not serious. I'd hate to see one of the greatest comedy romance writers stop before everyone has had a chance to realise her superior talents as a writer.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2014 6:55:42 AM PST
Anon says:
I wish she would have something on her blog about that because in the upcoming releases section or in progress it still shows she has book ideas. on that page, she should say something about no longer writing. I really miss her, though, dang.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2014 2:17:19 PM PDT
Kayess says:
Susan Elizabeth Phillips writes great books, very much in the Jennifer Crusie vein. You might give her a try.

Posted on May 13, 2014 10:16:13 AM PDT
http://www.arghink.com is a blog written by the author

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2014 6:14:28 PM PDT
Susan Taylor says:
I think that Jennifer Crusie is still writing. She just not publishing as quickly as we would like her to.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2015 12:15:03 AM PST
Kristen Ashley is awesome. Her characters are hilarious. The intimacy is more intense. None of her ebooks are over $5. Start with the Rock Chick Series(8 books). Dream Man Series(4). Chaos Series(2 so far). Colorado Mountain Series(6). The Burg Series(5). Unfinished Heroes Series(4). Magdalene Series(1 so far). The Three Series(3). Fantasyland Series(4). Ghosts & Reincarnation Series(5). She also has 4 standalones. Three Wishes, Heaven and Hell, Play It Safe, and Mathilda Superwitch. They're fast paced & intense, but funny & heartwarming all rolled into great stories.

Posted on Feb 1, 2015 11:21:57 AM PST
G. Costello says:
Josie Brown & Stephanie Bond (except she is also behind on her Body Movers series)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2016 3:15:05 AM PDT
Agreed. I love Susan Elizabeth Phillips. Kristin Higgins is also pretty good but her lead characters can be a little more whiny than sassy sometimes.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Jennifer Crusie forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Feb 6, 2012
Latest post:  7 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions