Customer Discussions > Ronald H Balson forum

Holocaust Chronicle sources - Once We Were Brothers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 8, 2012 9:53:19 AM PDT
Sherry G says:
TO THE AUTHOR, MR BALSON: My father was one of the individuals who chronicled his Holocaust experiences and is in the Washington Archives you mentioned along with his Shoah tapes, and interviews for The Holocaust Memorial in West Bloomfield , Mi. There are many parallels in your story with his. One, in particular, mentions the farmer, Mr. Zielinski. A farmer named Zielinski is also mentioned in my fathers memoirs and he played a large roll in hiding my father at some time during the Holocast. My father also mentions the city of Zamosc. Were there specific individuals that you based your characters on that impacted your story?

My daughter is in her Junior year in college and was encouraged by the head of Jewish Studies at her university to begin a personal project that entails transcribing my fathers hand-written documentation of his personal experience during those years in Poland. He became intrigued by my daughters brief summation of my father's story during a brief conversation at a Holocaust event. He is currently assisting her in obtaining college credit and she has already begun the project and will soon begin the research of the historical timeline and background that will detail my father's recollection of his experiences. Do you have advice in which sources would be most helpful in gathering her data?

Sincerely,

Sherry Gittleman

Sgittleman@comcast.net
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Ronald H Balson forum
Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Aug 8, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions