Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Michael Connelly forum

Why not Canada?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 12, 2010 2:32:48 PM PDT
Hello:

Why is it that so many of your books are not available in Canada? I'm no sure if it is all of them, as I can't find a way to look that up aside from opening every book page and checking, but I do know that I've read several Bosch and Haller novels - though it is possible that they were in my pre-Kindle days. Now I don't buy anything I can't read on my Kindle. I travel a lot, and it completely eliminates the need to carry books and worry about finishing something without a ready replacement.

I have to say, though, that it really pisses me off that you've chosen to exclude Canadians. A few others have too, so there must be a reason. It can't be a big problem, though, because almost everything available in Kindle format is also available in Canada. If they've figured out how to do it, why can't you?

There - my gripe for the day.

Best regards,
Mike Fairbairn

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2010 3:28:45 AM PST
Patricia says:
Mike, it must have something to do with copyrights. It is frustrating though. One way around it is to have a credit card attached to a USA address. Regards, Pat

Posted on Jan 2, 2011 1:04:05 AM PST
priss666 says:
Yes, it's stupid!! Doesn't make much sense when you can buy the book and have it shipped to Canada plus it's not like you can buy the kindle edition anywhere else in Canada. The ones i can't get on kindle i order through my local bookstore instead of through amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2011 8:48:29 AM PST
Hi... Sorry I missed your post before, and also that your idea didn't occur to me as I have a US card. I used that and no problem!

Cheers,
Mike

Posted on Jan 29, 2011 6:38:08 AM PST
spider queen says:
By a U.S. Card, do you mean a card with a U.S. mailing address? How do you manage then to get bills? I am SO frustrated at not being able to get his books (and others) on Kindle.

thnx

K

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 29, 2011 9:07:29 AM PST
Yes, I do. My company has an office in the U.S., so I used that. I'm sure there are other ways around it - like a postal forwarding service of some sort. Good luck!

Posted on May 26, 2011 5:19:40 AM PDT
Too many books have the little "Not Available in Canada" - for months. I won't bother buying these books from Kindle if I can get them at the library. Authors are missing out on my little bit of cash in their coffers. I mainly buy & stock up on books for when we are on holidays - much easier to carry a Kindle in my bag than 25 hard covered books

Posted on Jun 2, 2011 6:26:42 AM PDT
Tandy says:
Canadians can't order these books even if we are in the USA using the Kindle...no James Patterson, Connolley, Baldacci, etc., etc. Had amazon made this info available before I bought a Kindle I would never have done so. Certainly won't recommend Kindle to any Canadian.

Posted on Jun 16, 2011 4:21:10 PM PDT
Is Amazon going to respond to this the plight of Canadian kindle owners? I too am frustrated at being told not available to Canadians...Amazon try and fix this will you?

Posted on Jun 19, 2011 6:43:50 PM PDT
Another option would be to link your Kindle to the account of a friend who lives in the U.S. when you want to get those books. After all, you can register/deregister as you wish. As for the credit/debit card thing, you could always have someone in the U.S. send you some of the prepaid credit/debit cards sold at almost any retailer these days or open an account whose address is based upon using a U.S. post office box available for under $20 a year. Also, more books are pooping up with the share feature. Try to find out if a U.S. based customer can share with you.

Posted on Oct 5, 2011 3:12:58 AM PDT
mollybairn says:
I live in Australia and have the same problem - whats even more frustrating is the fact a month or so ago I could buy Micheal Connelly books and now I cant - must be some publishing issue i- probably on the Australian side I would imagine - its such a protected industry here - very frustrating
Cheers

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2011 11:34:16 PM PDT
R. Whyte says:
Yes this is hair tearing stuff. I live in Australia and I'm half way through the Harry Bosch series. Now I can't buy the rest of the series .... arrrrggggg!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2011 10:14:58 PM PDT
RE Donald says:
Connelly is pretty much my favorite author, although John Lescroart is almost tied for favorite. Which of Connelly's books aren't available in Canada? Is it only some of them? I just bought The Reversal with no problem, or is it the older ones that aren't available. I'm in BC. My current gripe is the inability to gift digital music albums to friends in the USA.

R E Donald
Slow Curve on the Coquihalla (A Hunter Rayne highway mystery)

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 11:11:23 PM PDT
It is the same in Hong Kong. I could buy them one day, and then the next day I couldn't. I was hoping it would fix itself, but no luck. It is something to do with changing publisher I think.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Michael Connelly forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Oct 12, 2010
Latest post:  Oct 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions