Customer Discussions > Holiday Toy List

What to get 12 year old boy who "has it all"...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 7, 2010 8:27:05 AM PST
We are on a limited budget and have 3 boys; 2 12 yr olds and a 10 year old that have all the gaming systems out there and every electronic that could be wished for.

Any thoughts on useful, quality gifts that a 12/10 yr old would enjoy? You know at a reasonable price (under $75).

Thx :)

Posted on Dec 13, 2010 11:45:03 AM PST
an electric scooter!

Posted on Dec 15, 2010 12:01:30 PM PST
Elle says:
How about some classic non-electronic toys? You remember bicycles, skateboards, rollerskates, books, LEGOs, trains? My son loves LEGOs to this day and he's 30. He's also an avid reader. With the all the reports of childhood obesity epidemics, I'm leaning towards toys that promote physical activity.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 12:06:27 AM PDT
Daydreamer says:
The boys in my family love stuff like; fishing gear, rc cars, model kits, and electric guitars.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 1:23:55 AM PDT
mkoko says:
books!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 9:23:07 AM PST
Grammy D says:
Although a very recent "empty nester," I do have a thought for you ~ both my Kids were in the same situation courtesy of an over-lovin' Grandma with deep pockets! Often, when money was tight, I would create a X-mas stocking with individually wrapped oddities & goodies within. Both my Kids Loved it! In fact, last year after X-mas, my now grown Daughter (who now has a little one of her own) told me, "Mom, I sure wish you'd make us stockings again!" Who knew!?!?!

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 10:24:08 AM PST
J Barbs says:
While you can't do it for under $75...if ur boys like playing outdoors...how about building them a backyard ice rink? We recently went that route and provided a gift that led to multiple memories...we found this bracket and rink kit by Iron Sleek that makes it easy to build. Obviously, you have to live in a colder climate and be willing to do the maintenance. Games like hockley, skating, broom ball (no skates required) are just a few of the options. Make winter fun and get the kids outdoors!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 12:57:22 PM PST
Love to Shop says:
Buy them each a Kindle and introduce them to the thousands of free books available for it on Amazon.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 3:04:37 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2012 3:05:22 PM PST
Season passes to a local amusement park. Or Japanese puzzle boxes with gift cards in them...

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 5:20:15 PM PST
JoAnn says:
If you do not have them, gethim the Nerf Lazer Tag set. Nerf is usually gets old but the lazer tag system is the best thing Nerf makes. It has not little pieces or parts and the kids at his LOVE IT.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 9:49:02 PM PST
N. Sartin says:
Have you ever picked up Geo caching? I gps and a membership and now they have hours of running around finding "treasures". Are they into sports? maybe you can pay for them to get into a rec team for soccer or something? If they like building things I would suggest an model to build and paint or a rc car to build.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 7:24:21 AM PST
Visa says:
a frissbee 2 boys an a toy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 9:20:13 AM PST
How about the 1-6 volume set of the Warriors book?? Good reads
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Holiday Toy List
Participants:  13
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Dec 7, 2010
Latest post:  Nov 6, 2012