Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 16, 2011 3:14:59 PM PST
I think Sandra Bullock would be perfect to play Kinsey in the "Movie Version" (should there ever be one.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2011 7:57:52 AM PST
I think she is too feminine for the character. Kinsey seems a bit more plain and tomboyish. If they made a movie version back in the 80s
Lindsey Crouse comes to mind. But even then, she was in her 40s.

Posted on Mar 24, 2011 5:58:49 AM PDT
I think Sandra Bullock would be an awesome Kinsey. She is able to glam it up or down whatever the part calls for.

Posted on Apr 2, 2011 7:19:15 PM PDT
P. J. Ryan says:
I always thought Jamie Lee Curtis would be perfect when she was in her thirties.

Posted on Apr 22, 2011 4:04:06 PM PDT
HolmesBoy says:
Sue Grafton said that there will never be a movie for this series.
She said no ghost writers and Kinsey 'dies' with her.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2012 7:11:31 AM PST
I have always thought it a shame that Grafton would not allow her books to be made into movies, but it's her choice. In days past, I envisioned delectable Paul Newman as Henry and Eva Gabor as Rosie doling out the Hungarian specialties.

Posted on May 24, 2012 11:37:50 PM PDT
Kathy says:
When they make a movie out of good books they usually change it so is very loosely made about the original book. I would hate to see her books cut up. Reading is more enjoyable because you get to use your imagination. Glad she won't allow it. Can't wait for the next one.

Posted on Jun 15, 2013 6:18:48 PM PDT
Imislund says:
I never thought about Kinsey in a movie version. Sandra Bullock would fit closely with the description of Kinsey that I have in my head. But, the Sandra of a lot younger years. You're right about Henry's and Rosa's characters being played by Paul N and Eva G. But, again, well... they're dead.
Actually, with the right hair and make up, Miley Cyrus could be Kinsey.

Posted on Jan 23, 2015 6:47:25 AM PST
Only if Miley gets 'her act' together. Does anyone have an exact date on the X book?

Posted on Jun 15, 2016 1:22:50 PM PDT
avidreader says:
I don't blame Grafton. Most writers don't have much control over what ends up on the screen, and it doesn't usually bear much resemblance to their books. Jo Rowling being a huge exception.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2016 1:33:58 PM PDT
leprechaun28 says:
Sandra Bullock - fine, great! Miley Cyrus, NO! NO! NO! Hopefully not in MY lifetime! She is as much like Kinsey as I am and I'm over 60 - well over. I truly hope she doesn't allow movies to be made out of her books. The reason I like books so much is that I can picture these people as I choose and it makes for a more fun story for me.
Leprechaun
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Sue Grafton forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Feb 16, 2011
Latest post:  Jun 15, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions