Customer Discussions > J. K. Rowling forum

The world wants more Harry Potter books!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 44 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 18, 2009 2:26:15 PM PDT
A message to J. K. Rowling: Please, please, please write more Harry Potter books. We want to know what happens to Harry when he's 21, and 30, and 50, and maybe even 90 or 100!

You've struck something magical in the Harry Potter books; something that will never be replicated. You've gotten millions of children - and adults - reading again, and loving the experience.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle killed off Sherlock Holmes, and then was forced to bring him back because of pressure from his reading audience. How can we pressure you to write more Harry Potter books?

Posted on Jun 20, 2009 12:25:18 PM PDT
M. Rosenberg says:
Ditto that!!!! OMG!!!! That would be the best thing ever if there was a second generation story. The children of the original Potter clan. Of course the parents will be in it but .... the kids adventure would be completely wonderful. A new evil person to conquer like Lord V. The NEW order. Issues of the newer generation. I would read them all over and over again. Harry Potter is my FAVORITE series ever!!!! PLEASE continue on with your brilliance ... the world would be a better place with more of your magic!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2009 8:32:02 AM PDT
Lisa V says:
You are both competely correct! My entire family loves these books and the characters! There are five of us - all grown adults: as soon as a new book came out two of us would purchase it, read it in 2 days or less and pass it to the next person! We'd love to continue hearing about Harry, Hermione, Ron, and all the others!

Posted on Jul 13, 2009 10:20:17 AM PDT
I've said this all along...I wanna know what happens to Harry & Ginny's kids! The Owl Post discussion has my mind spinning with all of the possible plots Rowling could use!

Posted on Jul 27, 2009 4:28:16 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 27, 2009 4:33:37 PM PDT]

Posted on Jul 27, 2009 4:34:02 PM PDT
Ghost writer says:
I would love to read more HP from Rowling, but let's be human folks. It took this genius of a writer 17 years to create the world of HP we know and love today. That's a very long time. Your kid goes off to college at that age... like JK Rowling's eldest child might be preparing to do. Ms. Rowling is a mom of young school-age children, give her a break. She's got football (soccer) and cricket, ballet and tennis to shuttle her little ones to. She's also got lots of charities on the go that she oversees. She now has the money and time to devote to her family the way she always wanted to with her daughter. Don't think of begging and pleading with her to write more it just isn't fair. I think the best we should hope for is that JKR will use some of her downtime to continue "jotting" her ideas and when the time is right for her family she'll have plenty of rich notes to draw from and perhaps give us another generation of Potters, Weasleys, Grangers and Malfoys. Write your own sequels and act them out (at home not for public consumption) or better still, come up with your own characters and stories. I myself am a single mom in crisis and battle each day with the struggle of trying to do right by your child. I can imagine what JKR is feeling these days when she has the means to do for her children all that she feels is necessary to keep them smiling. When and if the time is right JKR may give us more. Until then share the fire for reading and imagination and love and hope with any child you can. Go to children's wards, orphanages, shelters, libraries, your own kid's school and read the books to groups of would-be authors. Live and love like HP!!!

Posted on Aug 12, 2009 1:27:17 PM PDT
air ca says:
i agree with ghost writer but still cant extinguish my love and need for more hp at the same time,so jk when you are ready the lovers of hp will be ready and waiting for more!!! kids and adults like myself! love ya cant wait!!!

Posted on Aug 12, 2009 1:30:56 PM PDT
air ca says:
also i would like to say i would love to read hogwarts a history,the history of magic,stndard book of spells grade 1,ect.... all harry potters school books!!! i see the ones jk has wrote so far and i am excited and hope they continue also!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2009 1:03:42 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 13, 2009 1:04:07 PM PDT]

Posted on Sep 12, 2009 3:29:08 PM PDT
It would be great for more Harry Potter books, but i agree with ghostwriter that JKR is busy with her own life.

Posted on Sep 16, 2009 6:43:46 AM PDT
Francis says:
perhaps, if jkr is busy, the community creates hp stories together under jkr's supervision or guidance like an open source project.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2009 12:08:00 AM PDT
JKR allows her fans to write fanfiction using her characters, that's pretty much community based.

Posted on Mar 31, 2010 5:44:53 AM PDT
I would love to hear more about Harry Potter grown up life. Life does not stop after school

Posted on Apr 16, 2010 8:26:30 AM PDT
Susan Cramer says:
I greatly enjoyed Harry Potter and would read any more to come from it, but I would love to see what Rowling would create in another series or characters. I look forward to other ideas or stories she would come up with.

Posted on Apr 18, 2010 10:21:01 AM PDT
I would like to see something in the same 'Potterverse' but with new characters. I love the world she created, wouldn't it be neat to be introduced to other wizarding children in a different school? I think it would be really interesting to see what was happening 'off scene' while Harry Potter was saving the world. What were all the other kids, outside of Hogwarts, doing and going through. Or it can be set in the time after Voldy was killed, what is was like in the aftermath, and how it effected people in different parts of the world.

Posted on Jun 25, 2010 6:22:42 PM PDT
TonksGrrl says:
Honestly, I just want more Rowling! I keep waiting and looking for word that she is finishing a new book. I would love more of the world of Harry Potter. I adore those books and my husband does as well. They have literally everything you would ever want in a good novel, but I imagine Ms. Rowling would like to do something fresh and new. She is fantastic at creating worlds so very detailed and fantastic. I imagine her new book, whenever it comes out, will be just as thrilling.

Posted on Jul 14, 2010 3:49:32 PM PDT
When JKR is ready....So am I. I hope she will write again fairly soon. But, I do respect her choice to let it go for a time. I know I would have loved to have the time and resources to devote to family when my kids were younger.
So JKR, take your time, as others have said... We'll be waiting.

Posted on Jul 20, 2010 9:35:19 AM PDT
Too much of a good thing is too much of a good thing. A good series knows when to stop.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2010 4:07:48 PM PST
Rosie says:
I so agree! It would be so cool if you (J.K. Rowling) brought back Harry Potter! Please, please, pretty please?! It's just too hard to accept that 'Deathly Hallows' is the last installment. I need more Harry Potter!!!!!!!!!! Besides, I have an idea for a new Harry Potter series (you can ask me about it if you friend me!)

Posted on Dec 4, 2010 10:00:09 AM PST
Nah, the story's fine as it is.
I'll be the first to admit the too happy ending made me cringe a bit, but the story's all rounded up, and it's a good story.

Posted on Dec 4, 2010 10:09:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 4, 2010 10:14:32 AM PST
Actually, now that I think about it. What WOULD be interesting is a look into the history of Hogwarts... Like who were the founders, how did they grow to become who they became, how did they meet, how did they found hogwarts... etc.

Posted on Mar 12, 2011 4:17:45 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 12, 2011 4:21:48 PM PST
Try on the independent digital book publishers [Feedbooks] for the author "Arinus" he/she has written two really great books about Snape's daughter by Bealltrix named Callista as she goes through Hogwarts. They are great--really! I can't wait for the third of seven. Great fan fiction and really captures the essence of J.K. Rowling.

Sue Mepham

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2011 6:15:48 PM PDT
Rosie says:
why would snape want to...you know...with bellatrix? that makes no sense watever.

Posted on Jul 18, 2011 12:37:00 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 18, 2011 12:37:38 PM PDT
I might as well throw my two cents into this. I would enjoy seeing a series based around Harry's father, James. We know little to nothing about the paternal side of Harry's family. And what about the friends? We have heard hints and rumors of the exploits of that group, but there are some questions. How did they make the Marauder's Map? And so many other questions. A younger generation would be refreshing as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 21, 2011 5:13:06 PM PDT
Tina Loflin says:
Boy, do I ever agree. It's not fair--I reread the Harry Potter books and yearn to read new ones...
Sighhh.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  J. K. Rowling forum
Participants:  37
Total posts:  44
Initial post:  Jun 18, 2009
Latest post:  57 minutes ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions