Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Scott Kelby forum

Question for Scott

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 5, 2009 6:46:25 AM PDT
Loves Books says:
Hi Scott - I found your books on Amazon as I was searching for a birthday present for my soon to be 16 year old niece. She bought herself a Nikon D60 in the winter and has aspirations of being a photographer / photo journalist - something along those lines. For someone her age, I think she has taken some very interesting pictures and she has an aptitude for seeing something in a shot that I don't see until I see her picture. Would you be able to recommend which one of your books I should get her? I was going to order Book 3, then I saw Book 1 and Book 2..... are they sequential? Do I need to get the 1st book before I get her the 3rd book. What about signing her up for a digital photography class? That was another thought - she seems to be a little bit of a loner, but is very personable. I guess I am thinking too that a class might be beneficial in bringing her in touch with others....
Thanks so much for any advice you can give me.
Joanne Clouston

Posted on Oct 8, 2009 10:24:49 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 8, 2009 10:30:05 AM PDT
Hi Scott, I'm a great fan of your books. I think you have helped so many photographers get started. Your first book was my introduction to photography. It got me off to a great start in a photography career. I write books too. Could you review any of my three books now or in the near future? The "Masters" book comes out in December. 101 Quick and Easy Secrets to Create Winning Photographs101 Quick and Easy Secrets for Using Your Digital Photographs101 Quick and Easy Ideas Taken from the Master Photographers of the Twentieth Century matthewbam@aol.com

Posted on Dec 1, 2009 11:27:30 AM PST
Oakwood Gal says:
I would like a recommendation on a really good SLR camera for learning on. I currently have a Canon G9 that has manual capabilities, but I don't know where to begin.

Posted on Mar 20, 2010 9:06:14 AM PDT
E. O'Toole says:
Scott,

Your Digital Photo. books 1 and 2 are inspiring and invaluable. Question: I'm trying to make my SB600 fire remotely but there is no SEL button on front or back of the unit to get to the screen necessary to change modes(?!), so I can't coordinate with my D300 no matter what I try. Any suggestions?

Russ
treehouse20924@sbcglobal.net

Posted on Apr 16, 2010 6:19:19 AM PDT
Jan Kapoor says:
Hi Scott-- When is your Photoshop CS5 book coming out?

Posted on Mar 28, 2011 7:39:22 PM PDT
D. Borato says:
Hi Scott, Your book "Professional Portrait Techniques" I do not have Photoshop $! Would this also help me in Picassa or Picnik?
Debbie dborato@yahoo.com

Posted on Jun 6, 2011 9:05:50 AM PDT
The Adobe Photoshop CS5 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter) Does this edition contain the white balance target described on p51 of Vol. 3 of The Digital Photography Book?

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 4:08:15 PM PDT
BigBen says:
Looks like Scott's too busy counting his money to answer your questions.

Posted on Feb 17, 2013 3:56:32 PM PST
will this work if I am using PSE 11

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 8:30:42 PM PDT
Hi Scott.... I'm looking to purchase Lightroom... should I purchase 5 or would 4 be better... I've been hearing that 5 is not living up to what people wished it would be... I hope to hear from you soon!

Posted on Jan 20, 2014 2:49:35 PM PST
rvenneman says:
Hi Scott... I am working with your Lightroom 5 and CS6 for digital photographers. Do you have any video training? I do better that way.

Thanks

Posted on Oct 22, 2014 7:41:21 AM PDT
Stormie says:
I'm new to photography but am becoming addicted to nature photography. I am wondering which of Scott's books would benefit me most on learning how to become better at shooting nature? I also would like to have suggestions on which version of Adobe Photoshop software that would help me edit and enhance my photos + which of Scott's books to go with that software?

Posted on Feb 19, 2015 12:51:54 PM PST
Douglas Wood says:
Hi... I have just purchased a macbook pro OS X yosimite version 10.10 and I have found
that I cannot save nay of my images from my files because I do not have something called write access. Can you tell me what this is and how correct this problem?. Thank you for your
help. Douglas wood

Posted on Jun 16, 2015 10:38:30 PM PDT
h2odavid says:
When will the Photoshop CC 2015 book be out?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Scott Kelby forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Aug 5, 2009
Latest post:  Jun 16, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 11 customers

Search Customer Discussions