Customer Discussions > Robert Kirkman forum

walking dead book series

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 16, 2011 4:41:20 AM PST
I am wondering if the books written are comic form or not? I heard that there was a novel type, which i am interested in. I do not want it in comic form. Is there just a novel form?

Posted on Sep 10, 2012 7:06:03 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 10, 2012 7:15:56 PM PDT
Peasorama says:
If you want a book form version, you can read The Walking Dead: Rise of The Governor, and they've just announced The Walking Dead: The Road to Woodbury for pre-order. Not sure why you wouldn't want to read the graphic novel versions as they tell the story just as compelling as a regular novel, (even better than the AMC version IMO), but if you're like me and just can't get enough, you'll read them all!

If you want to get started with the graphic novel versions, start with this: The Walking Dead: Compendium One, it takes you from the very start through thru volume 8 (Issues 1-48) and way past the AMC's upcoming season 3. Volume 2: The Walking Dead Compendium Volume 2 TP is scheduled for release on 10-16-12 and this takes you through volume 8 (Issues 49-96) - and leaves you biting your nails and wanting more!

I have decided I need to limit myself to either just the trade paperbacks or the compendiums, so like you I am reading the novel versions in the meantime (but only to stave off the cravings of running out and buying each Issue as it's released!)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 10:09:31 AM PDT
Marcella says:
I love the Walking Dead TV series and would love to read the books. Unfortunately I have vision issues and read most books using the text to speech option on Kindle, so the comic format does not work for me. I did read Rise of the Governor and loved it. I was hoping the entire series would be available in book format or audio format. If you are looking for a new way to market the series this would be a great way to allow people who are as blind as the Governor to catch up on what is going on in the comics.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 2:41:28 PM PDT
Peasorama says:
Marcella, I agree it would be great to have an audio option of the comics, but you can read them on a full size computer screen if that's helpful, by going to https://www.comixology.com. They have the digital comics there and you can read them online or on a Kindle Fire if you have one. Let me know if that works out for you.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Robert Kirkman forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Nov 16, 2011
Latest post:  Mar 11, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions