Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Amazon.com Music Essentials forum

Where are the Christian Artists??????

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-96 of 96 posts in this discussion
Posted on May 31, 2009 7:22:17 AM PDT
M. Baum says:
How can you classify a genre of music after a religion. That stuff doesnt belong with other artists that have the ability to create their own music instead of preaching the greatest flaw of modern society in the form of music. Ive never heard of any of these 'christian' artist and I hope I never do. Christian music is a joke.

Posted on Jun 2, 2009 3:59:59 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 2, 2009 4:03:07 PM PDT
C. Solberg says:
I would Recommend if you are looking for some current good music....... These posts are not helpful.. How about checking out matt Redman (love "the heart of worship"), Chris TOmlin, Jeremy Camp(LOTS of good songs - Just bought "Give Me Jesus," also like "tonight"), Stellar Kart, Dave Barnes ( LOVE his song "Until You"), Aaron Shust ("My Savior My God"), Michael W. Smith ("I could only Imagine", "Draw Me Close To You," "The Heart of Worship"), Skillet ("rebirthing," "Deeper, "Comatose" and "the Last Night" are just a few of their good songs), TOby Mac("Made to Love"), KJ52 (for some rap), Casting Crowns (LOVE "Does Anybody Hear Her," "Open the Eyes of My Heart," and "Who Am I" -- pry my favorite "Christian" artist although its kinda weird to call it that, its not meant as an adjective), Kutless was mentioned ("draw Me close," "better is one day,"strong tower"), Newsboys ("Something Beautiful").. Barlow girl and Superchick ( Superchick has a really good song "Stand in the Rain"), Matthew West ("More" -- Great song for anyone!!) StoysideB is a great band and not often mentioned - Their song "Tell Me WhAt You Think Of God" is A-MAZ-ING and based off all the mud slinging going on in this post, everyone should listen to it :) Some more secular but CLEAN music by Christian artists would include bands like Relient K and Hawk Nelson, Thousand Foot Krutch aka TFK ("LOTS of great music - check out ""This is A Call," and"New Design"), Oh I would say Stellar Kart("I wanna Live") fits under that. FM Static (The whole album, I wanna Live, is great), falling Up ("Hotel Aquarium," "Falling In Love," and "Goodnight Gravity") Other great artists.. NeedtoBreathe ("Shine On"), Anberlin (LOVE THIS BAND!! Anyone would love listening to it! - "Dismantle Repair," "Foreign Language," "paperthin hymn" and "never take friendship personal")

For further ideas, check out the Refuge- Positive hit music at the following site: www.refugeradio.com (Even you atheists out there would love some of this stuff!)

Also, yeah, I want to point out that although good music.. this hasn't shaped out culture the way Bob Dylan has haha

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2009 4:07:37 PM PDT
C. Solberg says:
Hey I agree with you there. But I mean if you look at iTunes version of essentials, its not really music necessarily music that has shaped our culture but core songs for each genre kinda thing. As in, songs that if you are into that kinda music, an album of songs "you should really know/get to know." So really, is it that far off to have more Amazon Essentials in general?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2009 4:09:11 PM PDT
C. Solberg says:
I completely Agree! :) There are too many religious zealots out there that miss the entire point of being close to a greater being. It's just about searching for the truth in everything. :)

Posted on Jun 4, 2009 7:49:47 AM PDT
Jesusshaves says:
Christian Rock is an oxymoron...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2009 1:20:19 AM PDT
WBC says:
This is actually the CHORUS from a Rich Mullins song (that has a BUNCH more lyrics to it!) called "Awesome God".
Homework assignment - go listen to that to get the context for the Hillsong interpretation.

As for Christian music not being GREAT, I'm a Christian Rock fan myself, but you can't listen to Steven Curtis Chapman's song "Lord of the Dance" and call it "boring!" I DARE you!

Posted on Jun 17, 2009 9:31:41 AM PDT
WBC, that song is just hella boring.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2009 10:05:45 PM PDT
Charles Kern says:
A narrow point of view I say!

Posted on Nov 6, 2009 9:09:30 PM PST
Kutless, Skillet, Brian Welch, Demon Hunter, Dishwalla, Revis, P.O.D., Chevelle... Look it up, its all on amazon!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2009 8:38:55 AM PST
I think everyone has missed the point of the orignal question asked. Why is there no Christian music listed in the "Essentials" section? Because, my dear readers, this is a Section for ESSENTIAL musicChristian music is for those little kids whose mommies won't let them listen to real artistic endeavors; spiritual music, yes. Religious music...those are hymns.

Posted on Nov 15, 2009 9:13:16 PM PST
I think it to be so funny the way people argue about things. I am a very young Christian at 22 and yet I love music. I found that there was music such as Switchfoot, Flyleaf, Firefly, Red, 7th Day Slumber and on and on... I love the music and I love the mood that it puts me into. There is also music such as Shawn Mcdonald, mainly his album "Simply Nothing" I could listen to it a hundred times and it draws so much out of me. Im glad that some people make a stand. People like different music and thats all there is to it. Now as for the main question of this blog is "Where are the Christian Artists??????" Believe me if you want to find anything in this world youll find a way. So put up a good example and help people find the music that they are looking for instead of trying to figure out why so people don't like the same music. I dont like old people music and Ray Boltz and such but there is people in this world that do. So just shine your light and don't let other put a dent in your day. For God is good. Even here in Afghanistan and when I was in Iraq. It sucks here, but you know what, God is here and everywhere that you want to find him!!! Believe me I have him, I bring him with me everyday that I go out. There is time and time again that no one can explain why we have been saved or the taliban gave up there position and turned in the IED. Tell me thats not God!!!!!

Posted on Nov 27, 2009 12:14:19 AM PST
Yeah, unfortunately not everyone is going to agree with what should and should not make what lists on this website. Some choose to argue about it and some choose to just use the "Search" box like normal adults do to find the music they want to purchase.

Posted on Dec 17, 2009 7:46:18 AM PST
Where are the atheist artists?

Posted on Jan 24, 2010 12:16:27 PM PST
Obviously christian music is essential only to cristians. that genre of music is not included for the same reason muslim, jewish, buddhist, or any other form of religious music is not listed. I dont think that any feeling should be hurt because religious music is not listed. if christian was listed they would have to include all other forms of religious music. I think a buddhist would already realized this.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2010 3:06:47 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 24, 2010 4:14:45 PM PST
jamesage55 says:
I'll explain "Gods'" way; and 'see'
WHERE you go with it.
GOD "says" Man is NOT to make
Images.
So "perhaps" Christians 'Are Waking
Up 'and Getting the Message' ???
(EXCUSING "themselves" From a
World FRAUGHT with Images.?)

Posted on Jan 25, 2010 12:14:22 PM PST
J. Koester says:
Why is it that so-called "Christian" musicians can only write songs about Jesus? Can't they write songs about the beauty of first love or the heartbreak of losing it like the Beatles or about the beauty of nature like many Zeppelin songs? How about how money is the root of evil like Pink Floyd taught us, or the plight of the workingman that you hear in Springsteen's songs? The reason why "Christian" music isnt listed as essential is because it lacks any real depth. You can argue all you want about there being nothing deeper than religion but its just not the case. It is, in fact, shallow, one dimensional music that beats the same topic into the ground repeatedly. Once Christian artists start making music thats essential, Im sure Amazon and Rolling Stone will include them. Until they do, trying to put someone like Stephen Curtis Chapman on the same list as Bob Dylan is true blasphemy.

Posted on Jan 29, 2010 6:41:08 AM PST
Another vote for Neal Morse here. Watch this trailer and tell me it's boring.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvOp5amPby4

Posted on Feb 7, 2010 7:08:26 AM PST
Sep says:
If I want a sermon, I'll go to church. As an agnostic, that's unlikely. Does a Christian musician play "Christian" music if he doesn't shout "hallelujah"? I'm a jazz fan, and hold Branford Marsalis in very high regard. He's also a devout Christian, and I imagine that his worldview finds its way into his horn one way or another. When asked, he'll wax rhapsodic about his faith and his contempt for the tenets of evolution. Good for him. 1st Amendment, and all that. He's a badass player, which is the only litmus test I administer. Similarly, I am bemused by the virulent anti-Christians commenting here. Bach's St. Matthew Passion & Handel's Messiah are explicitly religious and exceptionally powerful pieces of music. Faith & great music are not mutually exclusive.

"There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind."
~Duke Ellington

Posted on Feb 12, 2010 12:09:50 PM PST
JOHN P. says:
No offense but Christian artists are lame. I think God is probably annoyed by the crap they turn out. I am a firm believer in God and I don't need some brain-washed idiot telling me how I should worship. It would be offensive if Amazon listed them here. Spend your money on real music.

Posted on Jun 2, 2010 7:02:57 AM PDT
Zarathustra says:
EEEERRRHHHH!!!!!!

Posted on Jun 4, 2010 1:39:24 PM PDT
Who the heck cares about Christian music! Take your delusional self elsewhere
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  70
Total posts:  96
Initial post:  Oct 11, 2007
Latest post:  Jun 4, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Doggystyle
Doggystyle by Snoop Dogg (Audio CD - 2001)
4.7 out of 5 stars (462)