Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > R. J. Palacio forum

Humbled

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 2, 2012 11:27:38 AM PDT
Dawn says:
I read this book on my Nook, but have just purchased it for my son on his Kindle.

I LOVE THIS BOOK! My oldest son is growth hormoe deficient, he has ADHD and is legally blind in his left eye because the optical nerve did not develop. When he finishes taking these growth hormones he will then have to take Testosterone. I say all of this to say, we have been on the receiving end of those stares. While he looks completely "normal" on the outside when he stands next to his brother who is four years younger than him...and of course after we go through the whole "are you two twins?" ordeal people (mostly ignorant adults) instantly know that something about him is anything but "normal".

I have allowed him to address those who choose to stare and make ridiculous comments. I'm amazed at how well he handles it.

THis book completely humbled me even more than what I thought possible.

I tell people that I read in color. Which only means that I see the story as if I were watching it on tv. I so hope that this book will be turned into a movie and prayerfully, it won't loose it's flavor on the screen like The Hunger Games did.

High five to you Mrs. Palacio.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  R. J. Palacio forum
Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Aug 2, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 2, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions