Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Michelle Alexander forum

Accessible to everyone.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 11, 2010 8:40:02 PM PDT
The moment I turned the first page of this book I knew that it would shake me to the core. There is not a lot new in this book. In fact she affirms what many anti prison activists have said for many years. But what is so phenomenal about this book are many things. It is accessible to anyone who cares about the issue. It tells the story of what so many people live, giving facts, dates, names, public policies and institutional practices that substantiate her claim of the criminal justice system as the née racial caste system. She demonstrates how this system parallels former systems of racial control. And inso doing gives focus to the potentiality of a concrete movement for social change. This sister deserves much applaud for her courage to speak this truth so raw and courageously. It gives support to a movement that has lacked real momentum. While I can appreciate and support the political discourse around the political industrial complex, it only appeals to the die-hard choir. I believe this book opens up the discourse to so many more constituencies. Many many groups of all sorts should use this book as our call to action. Study this book , teach this book and act on this issue.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Michelle Alexander forum
Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Jul 11, 2010
Latest post:  Jul 11, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions