Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Jeff Kinney forum

Whimpy Kid grammar

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 3, 2011 8:55:13 AM PST
FormerlyFlo says:
As a former sixth grade English teacher, I cringe every time I hear "Me and ______ did such and such... Teachers spend so much time correcting this pronoun usage. What an opportunity you have to use "I" correctly and set an example. Just had to write as I am reading / listening to the Whimpy Kid books in order to discuss them with my grandson who had read every book and sleeps in Whimpy Kid pi's. Anything that gets kids reading is GREAT, and using the correct grammar is even better.

Posted on Oct 10, 2012 11:05:22 PM PDT
Earl B. says:
You're right! you hit the nail right in the head. Dar a la chita.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 8:26:51 PM PST
Heather Love says:
I did notice some pronoun disagreement with my daughter when she began reading this series. I went with the infamous zombie test in teaching her to recognize when she might be using pronouns incorrectly . i.e. "Me (and Greg) killed some zombies" vs (Greg and) "I killed some zombies".

Also, if one identifies oneself as a former sixth grade English teacher, one would think correctly spelling the book title might make one's argument more credible.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Jeff Kinney forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Dec 3, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions