Customer Discussions > Linda Howard forum

What happened to "Warrior Rising"???

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 63 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 16, 2011 4:55:45 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 14, 2012 9:57:58 AM PDT
K. Caid says:
The Facebook page to Linda Howard and Linda Jones is no more. I went there to get info on "Warrior Rising" and the page is gone. Is it under a different name, does anyone have a link?
I'm also confused on what's going on with "Warrior Rising". I had signed up to b notified when the book was to be available, and the title of the book has changed
to this - Untitled Howard & Jones Historical Western - WHAT'S GOiNG ON????

EDIT: See my Oct 26, 2011, post. The Linda's FB page exist.

Posted on Oct 19, 2011 4:55:13 PM PDT
Thebooklady says:
I am so with you! I loved the first book, does anyone know where we can find out what happened? I really want to read warrior rising

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2011 5:28:09 PM PDT
K. Caid says:
If you go to their Facebook page they state their publisher is the problem, I'm paraphrasing. So for now, book 2 will not be published. We're hoping the Linda's will go the ebook route or self publish.

Posted on Oct 26, 2011 10:23:38 AM PDT
M. Wren says:
I have been looking forward to Warrior Rising also. I had set my calendar to purchase at publication date of Oct 25th. But no such book can be found. There were so many good characters in Blood Born. Please find a way to publish Warrior Rising. ;o)

Posted on Oct 26, 2011 10:41:35 AM PDT
K. Caid says:
I understand completely. Here's their Facebook page for further inquiries - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Linda-HowardLinda-Jones/338468330887

Let's hope "Warrior Rising" gets published sooner than never.
Kim

Posted on Dec 28, 2011 3:42:01 PM PST
Frostbite says:
I read somewhere but can't remember where now that it might be out sometime in March 2012.

Posted on Dec 28, 2011 4:46:32 PM PST
K. Caid says:
Nope. The Lindas don't have a distributor. Copy & paste their Facebook page above & they'll give you all the info you need. Or you can scroll down their FB page and read other people's questions regarding Warrior Rising.

Good luck! :D

Posted on Jan 12, 2012 11:01:17 AM PST
JYK says:
I just got an Amazon email about 'Running Wild: Men from Battle Ridge' by the two authors, to be published in October 2012. Is this the sequel with a title change?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2012 11:39:28 AM PST
K. Caid says:
No. "Warrior Rising" will not be published at all. See their Facebook pace that states so. The book you refer to is a different book altogether that was put in its place that's all.

Posted on Feb 13, 2012 1:09:37 AM PST
Sueski says:
I knew when the publisher kept moving the release date that something was wrong! What a letdown to the loyal fans.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2012 8:21:33 PM PDT
i have worrying every bookstore in town since spring 2011 for help finding this book drooling wanting to get my hands on this book, so needless to say i am very disappointed. that should never give a glimpse of whats to come next if it is not a sure thing. very unfair to give a taste then not to deliver. should sue publisher if book is written and they choose not to publish it. i personally am dying to find out what happens in next book and to new baby coming. please let publisher get stick out of rears and publish the darn book. i am sure theu would make enough money from sells to justify it. so who or whatever is the stick please remove it and publish that darn book. i know personally i have read no further howard or jones novels nothing i my be hanging on years to find what the true end if ever.

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 4:54:51 PM PDT
ST says:
wow that so sucks I am reading the book now
i guess ill just stop reading it I hate when there no ending
Im had this before it really made you so mad

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 12:23:30 PM PDT
K. Caid says:
Don't stop reading the book, it's a great story on its own. We all know there is a book 2, but don't keep that from continuing on your reading venture. I liked it so much, I bought a hard cover book to go with my kindle purchase. I've no doubt book 2 will come out, it may be years but it will come out. These ladies have a fan base that love this genre and have been asking repeatedly for its release. Read the book, it's a great story.

Posted on May 10, 2012 12:19:36 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 10, 2012 12:27:04 PM PDT
I also have been waiting for over a year for Warrior rising I wanted it right away. Was already impatient to have to wait for it... Now to hear it may be many year's and or most likely never. WTF why don't they just try different publishers until they get one that realizes how lucky they are to have the oprotunity to be apart of publishing something in such high demand already and not to mention a potentialty amazing book..?

Posted on May 23, 2012 10:37:35 PM PDT
Well, that answers my question! I to have been worrying book stores for over a year about this book. I really feel like we have been left dangling with an incomplete, totally unfinished story. DARN, DARN, DARN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 9:17:35 AM PDT
Since when has the bottom fallen on vampire books? I still see new releases about them and I still love to read them, so what the hell?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2012 8:23:56 PM PDT
Julie Nixon says:
I just found out that Warrior Rising's new release date is Oct 30, 2012!!! It's a long wait, but I saw that you were looking.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2012 9:41:54 PM PDT
K. Caid says:
Julie, can you provide a link of where you found that "Warrior Rising" would be released in October of this year. It would be most helpful. Thank you so much.

Kim

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 6, 2012 12:49:32 PM PDT
Sueski says:
Wow, Are you serious? That is great news!!

Posted on Jun 6, 2012 5:35:33 PM PDT
K. Caid says:
According to the Linda's Facebook Page they don't state "Warrior Rising" is coming out at all. That's why I'm asking Julie for a link so we can confirm her finding.

Posted on Jun 6, 2012 5:58:15 PM PDT
Sueski says:
I know. I can't find that info anywhere,sigh..

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 4:34:20 PM PDT
Gggggrrrrr.... I too have been waiting for "Warrior Rising". Every few months, I start searching for it on a bookshelf or Kindle release. I J'adore the first book and I was sooooooo looking forward to reading the sequel. Needless to say, I will be very disappointed if it does not get released at all. So... October 2012?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2012 1:11:05 PM PDT
K. Caid says:
Philip, don't hold your breath on the "October 2012" claim made by Julie. I've asked her to provide a link to her findings and she has neither done so nor responded. In addition, both of the Linda's have stated on their Facebook Page there would be no sequel at this time. Here's a link to that statement - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Linda-HowardLinda-Jones/338468330887?ref=ts&sk=notes.

I hope Julie can clarify where she made her findings as they contradict the author's.

Kim

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2012 1:14:09 PM PDT
Chloe says:
I don't know what the publisher's are talking about. Vampire books and movies are still all the rage. That Blood Born was so darn good, I was mad that I had the wait, as then said to be August 2012. Now, I find it may never be published ? The publisher mad a lot of money on Blood Born. So now they are making the "Lindas" put out some Western Story this coming November instead of Warrior Rising. The guy on the cover looks like a dork.
At least they could've gotten a better more virile looking guy. I love Linda Howard books, but I wayyyy disappointed.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2012 1:15:37 PM PDT
Chloe says:
yes, please provide a link so we'll have confirmation.,
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Linda Howard forum
Participants:  32
Total posts:  63
Initial post:  Aug 16, 2011
Latest post:  May 7, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 18 customers

Search Customer Discussions