Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Janet Evanovich forum

New releases

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 7, 2011 3:27:44 PM PDT
Susan Glover says:
When can we expect a new book? I love your series books and have read everything out.

Posted on Nov 23, 2011 6:17:20 AM PST
sanya says:
I thought the series will end at 16,but we are now at 18 and still no end. Ranger ,who we all love,is quitting the series,and we'll be left with Steph and Joe on the couch eating pizza.Blah blah blah....

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2012 10:29:30 PM PDT
I would hope that Ranger would never leave the series. He is the type of person that if I was in trouble, I would want Ranger at my side. He has knowledge, experience, intelligence, and is a very caring person under that tough exterior. Joe is nice and sexy but Ranger has more charisma.

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 8:34:52 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 24, 2012 8:36:35 AM PDT
Susan Glover says:
Got to have Ranger in...Katheryn Matheny said it best in her post. Joe is too average, Ranger holds the mystery.

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 7:56:00 PM PDT
cw says:
I have read all of evanovich books. Does ANYONE know if there is another book being written or do I need to look for another author to start reading... Disappointed and tired of waiting....

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2012 2:25:51 PM PDT
SusieJ says:
I've read that Evanovich has signed contracts to write four more Plum books and four books in a brand new series with a new co-author. I don't know where that leaves the Lizzy/Diesel series. The next Plum book (#19) is scheduled to be released in November 2012.

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 7:09:37 PM PDT
cw says:
Thanks Susie! Any recommendations to read while I am waiting for November to get here. I have all of Evanovich's books and have read them all. I have not read any other so far that write like her.....

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 11:54:49 PM PDT
SusieJ says:
cw, have you read Stephanie Bond's Body Movers series? I found out about it on an Evanovich discussion board. I really enjoyed it. It's a quirky blend of romantic comedy and mystery. The author wrote six books in the series. The last one was published in 2009, but she recently got back the rights from the publisher and is going to start self-publishing new entries in the series.

Another author I found out about on an Evanovich board is Katie Fforde. (Yes, it really has two "f"s at the beginning.) She's a British author who writes contemporary romances. I guess they would be categorized as British "chick lit". I enjoy them because they're well-written, not too serious, and guaranteed to have a happy ending. Plus, they're British, so they have a slightly different feel from American romances. The characters are a bit different. The settings are a bit different. I even have to look up a few of the words that are used. I think they're a lot of fun to read.

If you're looking for something completely different.... I just read the best psycological thriller. It's called Now You See Me and it's by S. J. Bolton. It's a heart-pounding page-turner. I couldn't put it down. Lacey Flint, a female junior investigator for the London police department, finds a dying woman who's been brutally attacked draped over her car. It soon becomes clear that a Jack-the-Ripper imitator is on the loose in London and the murderer is fixated on Lacey. Lacey is a fascinationg character with a lot of secrets in her past. This book is full of twists and turns, all the way up to the fantastic ending that I never saw coming. I loved it, but it's nothing at all like Evanovich. Definitely NOT a comedy! Give it a try if you're in the mood for a good thriller that will keep you up all night. It's the start to a series. The second book in the series, Dead Scared, was just published this spring.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 11:22:34 AM PDT
SusieJ says:
Here's some interesting info. Amazon is now allowing pre-orders for a new book co-authored by Evanovich and Dorien Kelly. It's called The Husband List and features the Culhane family from Love in a Nutshell. But this one is set in 1894! The Husband List will be released on January 8, 2013.

Posted on Aug 28, 2012 5:09:27 PM PDT
jeziebell says:
I'm only on book 11. However, I think Stephanie could transition to a private detective or go to criminal justice school and put her on the police force as a detective. Adding more men and other sidekicks to her life and cycling back to the old ones, keeping them in the mix might be fun.

Posted on Oct 22, 2012 12:44:52 AM PDT
Bookworm says:
Thanks for the tip about The Husband List, SusieJ. I love the Stephanie Plum series but I also like Janet's other books too. I'm giving away an autographed copy of Motor Mouth. http://betweenboyfriendsnovel.blogspot.com/2012/10/like-janet-evanovich-or-lauren-alaina.html
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Janet Evanovich forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Apr 7, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 22, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions