Return to the question
Question
do roku have a browser if not what can i buy that have an browser
Answer
No, the Roku does not. It's not meant to be a web browser. From one of their engineers:
We have numerous interface improvements in the works, but we have no interest, in the short term or long term, to add web browsing to the product.

http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=25340&start=30
Comments (5)
Allen M. Eavy said on February 14, 2013   Report abuse
I really think that Roku should reconsider. I totally agree with William F. Egan who wrote "A web browser would help to get current year epiosdes of network TV as well as the local news. If I could get that fully operational, why would I need cable at all. $90 is better in my pocket than theri pocket. I need access to current year shows, local news and sports"!!!
Dr. Coyne said on March 31, 2013   Report abuse
Agreed. I took my Roku to a hotel to stream video while on travel, but its useless, because I need to input the password into a web based form. Even a simple browser would help with this.
Bill White said on May 4, 2013   Report abuse
...."but we have no interest, in the short term or long term, to add web browsing to the product."
Well then I will not be buying a Roku until you do have interest in adding a web browser....
May 5, 2013
[Deleted by the author on May 5, 2013 10:40:53 PM PDT]
Gina said on June 8, 2013   Report abuse
Killed the sale for me. I will not buy until yu have a motion controlled remote web browsing.
‹ Previous   1   Next ›