How to get a Great Feedback
Your feedback rating is one of the most important measures buyers
use when making purchasing decisions. To be a competitive seller, you must
build up your feedback score. Imagine you are considering buying an item from
two sellers. After comparing the same item at the same price, which of these
sellers would you buy from?
- 4.9 stars over the past twelve months (5054 ratings).
Seller has 11326 lifetime ratings.
- 4.6 stars over the past twelve months (72 ratings).
Seller has 72 lifetime ratings.
How do you build a great feedback score? First, make sure that you
understand and follow Seller Best
Practices. Next, make sure to follow the Golden Rule by providing buyers
with the kind of buying experience you would like to have. Finally, as a new
seller, you can learn from the experiences of other sellers. We have included
actual buyer comments below that illustrate what constitutes a poor buying
experience. Once you've read these examples, continue to read the feedback left
for other sellers at Amazon.com and use this knowledge to improve your own
Here are buyers' actual comments on problem transactions:
- Problem: Item doesn't arrive
- 1 star: I never got my package. I am highly
- 1 star: My package never arrived.
- 1 star: Never got the book, but did get billed
- 1 star: I have not received the product that was
ordered a month ago.
- 1 star: Never got this order, and was not
informed of its cancellation, not a happy online shopper! Please
- Problem: Poor Packaging
- 2 stars: Shipment was sent with POOR
packaging. It was padded on only 3 sides. So a drop could cause
- 3 stars: Equipment new but very poorly
packaged-- in ragged box with padding on one side only, poorly
- Problem: Speed of shipping
- 4 stars: Shipped later than I
- 4 stars: Excellent product but shipping delay
and seller response were a bit lacking. I would order again.
- Problem: Canceling an order without
- 1 star: Cancelled order, provided no
- 1 star: My order was cancelled, without
notice. I had to actually request the status of the "expedited shipping" order,
which was several days late, to be informed that the order was
- 3 stars: "The book was not available despite
being listed. At least the seller informed me quickly of the situation."
- Problem: Seller is unresponsive
- 2 stars: I wanted to cancel the order but the
screen said it's been shipped. I emailed them but didn't hear from them except
the first reply. It was delivered really late, I had enough time to cancel
- 1 star: This seller stinks. I ordered lobsters
as a X-mas gift for my family and they never arrived. Still have not resolved
as they have not responded to e-mails. Stay Away!
- 1 star: Has not responded to emails. Product
below expectations. Don't recommend.
- 1 star: Book not received, contact with seller
- 1 star: I have been ignored by seller. All I
get are computer letters. They don't read my letters. I NEVER RECEIVED MY
- Problem: Seller is aggressive with
- 3 stars: I don't like being pestered for
feedback. If I have a problem, you'll know about it. If you do something
extraordinary, I'll notice. But stop fishing for compliments!
- Problem: Item isn't as stated
- 2 stars: Ordered Time Splitters 2 supposedly
new but the case was cracked and it was obviously not in the original wrap.
Game works fine but if they say they're going to ship a new game it should be
- 2 stars: While delivery was speedy, the
condition of the book was not as advertised. It had water stains through it and
smelled strongly of smoke.
- 1 star: Seller said wrong model was advertised
on Amazon site. Sent it anyway and asked me to return it if I wanted the
advertised model. Still awaiting correct model.
- 3 stars: Everything was ok but there is a deep
scratch mark on the one side of the rolling pin
- 2 stars: The seller did not send a Matfer
candy thermometer but some other brand instead. It was not what I
- 3 stars: Book arrived a few days early, but
about 30 pages were torn out.
- 1 star: I ordered from seller b/c it says on
AMZN the book ships from WA, where I live. It actually shipped from NY. This is
SLOWEST EVER delivery from AMZN and I'm not happy. Need book TOMORROW!
- 3 stars: Book was not in "Good" condition;
every page was scribbled on.
- 1 star: Book delivered took a long time and it
was not a hard cover
- 3 stars: Fairly quick delivery. Info was not
clear about what edition was offered
Please use the e-mail address associated with your Amazon.com Seller account.