- Latest Version of Kindle for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
- Set Up Kindle for for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch
- Buy, Download & Send Your iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch
- Read from Kindle for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
- Access & Sort Items in Your Kindle Library
- Troubleshooting Kindle for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
- Kindle for iPad/iPhone Legal Notices
Buy, Download & Send from Kindle for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
You can buy and download Kindle content to your Kindle reading app.
Buy & Download to Your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch
Although you can't shop for Kindle content directly from the Kindle reading app, you can shop from the Kindle Store using the Safari browser and deliver Kindle titles to the Kindle reading app on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
Your device must be connected to a wireless or data network in order to download Kindle content to your Kindle reading app.
- From the Safari browser, visit the Kindle Store website:
- Sign in to the Kindle Store with the same Amazon account you used when you registered the Kindle reading app.
- Browse for Kindle titles you want to read, and then tap to view the product detail page.
- To send the Kindle title to your device, from the Send wirelessly to drop-down menu, select your device. If you don't see your device, make sure you signed in with the Amazon account registered to your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
- To buy a Kindle title:
- To buy a book or one issue of a magazine or newspaper, tap Buy Now with 1-Click.
- To subscribe to a periodical, tap Subscribe now.
Tip: Tap Try a Sample to download the beginning of a book for free.
After you purchase content, your titles are delivered to the Kindle app on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
Video: How to Buy Kindle Books on Your iPad
Video: How to Buy Kindle Books on Your iPhone
Download from the Cloud
You can download books, periodicals, or personal documents from the Cloud.
To access Your Kindle Library, connect to a wireless or data network, and then download content to your Kindle reading app.
Even if you remove content from your Kindle reading app, you can re-download it to the same Kindle reading app or another Kindle device from the Cloud or Manage Your Kindle on Amazon.
Note: Side-loaded content is not stored in the Cloud.
- From the Kindle reading app Home screen, tap the Cloud tab to view items in Your Kindle Library that are not downloaded to your device.
- Tap the book, periodical, or personal document to download the title to your device.
- Tap the Device tab to view items that are downloaded to your device.
Deliver to Kindle for iOS
Deliver books, periodicals, and personal documents from Your Kindle Library to your Kindle reading app.
To successfully deliver Kindle content, the Kindle reading app must be registered to the same Amazon account you use to purchase Kindle content.
After you buy a Kindle book, magazine, or newspaper, the title is saved to Your Kindle Library in the Cloud. New purchases are sent to your reading app and appear under the Cloud tab.
- Visit Manage Your Kindle and locate the content you want to deliver to Kindle for iOS.
- From the Actions drop-down, select Deliver to my.
- Select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from the Deliver to my drop-down, and then select Deliver.
- From the Kindle reading app Home screen, tap the Device tab to view and open the title.