Product Detail Page Rules
You can create product detail pages for products not available in the Amazon.com catalog using the Add a Product or bulk upload tools in your seller account.
When you create a product detail page, you agree to the following rules and restrictions:
- Using the Add a Product or bulk upload tools for any purpose other than creating product detail pages is prohibited.
- The use of false product identification information, including UPC codes, in product detail pages is prohibited.
- The Add a Product tool is to be used only to create pages for products that do not already exist within Amazon's catalog. Creating a product detail page for a product that already exists in the catalog is prohibited.
- Using Add a Product or bulk upload tools to cross-merchandise or cross-promote a product is prohibited.
- For Books, Music, Videos, and DVDs (BMVD) a single detail page may not be used to advertise more than one product. BMVD-only product bundles must be defined by the publisher or manufacturer and have a single ISBN, UPC, or EAN that is different from the product identifier for any unique item in the bundle.
- Detail pages may not feature or contain Restricted Products.
- The inclusion of any of the following information in detail page titles, descriptions, bullet points, or images is prohibited:
- Pornographic, obscene, or offensive content.
- Phone numbers, physical mail addresses, e-mail addresses, or website URLs.
- Availability, price, condition, alternative ordering information (such as links to other websites for placing orders), or alternative shipping offers (such as free shipping).
- Spoilers regarding Books, Music, Video, or DVD (BMVD) listings (information that reveals plot elements crucial to the suspense, mystery, or surprise ending of a story).
- Reviews, quotes, or testimonials.
- Solicitations for positive customer reviews.
- Advertisements, promotional material, or watermarks on images, photos, or videos.
- Time-sensitive information (i.e., dates of promotional tours, seminars, lectures, etc.).
- When creating a listing or when matching a listing to an existing listing, sellers must follow Amazon listing standards for any product sold on Amazon.com.
- All products should be appropriately and accurately classified to the most specific location available. Incorrectly classifying products is prohibited.
- Product titles, product descriptions, and bullets must be clearly written and should assist the customer in understanding the product. These attributes should comply with the category-specific style guide recommendations.
- All product images must meet Amazon.com image standards as well as any applicable category-specific image guidelines.
- Using bad data (HTML, special characters */? etc.) in titles, descriptions, bullets and for any other attribute is prohibited.
- All products listed on Amazon.com must meet North America product safety standards. Learn more about Choking Hazard Warning Requirements (CPSIA).
- When creating a product detail page, provide only information that pertains to the features of the product in general, not the condition of your particular item. Product detail pages may be used by any other seller to list the same product. When listing an item for sale, sellers must use the offer listing pipeline. Within the offer listing pipeline, sellers are provided an opportunity to note their item's condition, quantity, price, and other seller-specific details that are relevant to a specific listing.
- Do not include HTML, DHTML, Java, scripts, or other types of executables in your detail pages.
Please use the e-mail address associated with your Amazon.com Seller account.