Customers first learn about your offers on a product detail page. The following policies have been established to ensure that each product detail page represents a unique item in order to deliver a single page per product and optimize the buying experience.
When you create a product detail page, you agree to the following rules and restrictions:
- Using the Add a Product or bulk upload tools for any purpose other than listing products on Amazon is prohibited.
- The use of false product identification information, including UPC codes, in product detail pages is prohibited.
- The creation of product detail pages is limited to products that do not already exist within Amazon's catalog. Creating a product detail page for a product already in the Amazon catalog is prohibited. This includes products listed on other Amazon websites, including but not limited to Amazon.ca, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.es, Amazon.it, Amazon.co.jp, and Amazon.cn.
- Using product detail pages to cross-merchandise or cross-promote a product is prohibited.
- For Books, Music, Videos, and DVDs (BMVD) a single detail page may not be used to advertise more than one product. BMVD-only product bundles must be defined by the publisher or manufacturer and have a single ISBN, UPC, or EAN that is different from the product identifier for any unique item in the bundle.
- Detail pages may not feature or contain Restricted Products.
- All products listed on Amazon must meet North America product safety standards. Learn more about Choking Hazard Warning Requirements.
- The inclusion of any of the following information in detail page titles, descriptions, bullet points, or images is prohibited:
- Pornographic, obscene, or offensive content.
- Phone numbers, physical mail addresses, email addresses, or website URLs.
- Availability, price, condition, alternative ordering information (such as links to other websites for placing orders), or alternative shipping offers (such as free shipping).
- Spoilers regarding Books, Music, Video, or DVD (BMVD) listings (information that reveals plot elements crucial to the suspense, mystery, or surprise ending of a story).
- Reviews, quotes, or testimonials.
- Solicitations for positive customer reviews.
- Advertisements, promotional material, or watermarks on images, photos, or videos.
- Time-sensitive information (i.e., dates of promotional tours, seminars, lectures, etc.).
- If the category you are listing in gives you the option of supplying a List Price (or MSRP), you must represent the price at which substantial sales of the product in question are made by retailers, and you are responsible for ensuring that the List Prices you provide to us remain current. If you don't have a List Price that meets these criteria, please leave the field blank.
- When creating a listing or when matching a listing to an existing listing, sellers must follow Amazon listing standards for any product sold on Amazon.com.
- All products should be appropriately and accurately categorized.
- Product titles, product descriptions, and bullets must be clearly written and should assist the customer in understanding the product.
Comply with the style guide that applies to the product you're listing. The general styles that apply to all categories can be found at Amazon Services Quick Start Style Guide. Some categories have additional guidelines; the full set of category-specific style guidelines can be found at Inventory File Templates.
- Product title length must not exceed a maximum of 200 characters (including spaces) in all categories. Some of the categories may have a different maximum title length than 200 characters. To know the accurate maximum title length for your respective category, please refer to your category-specific style guide.
- All product images must meet Amazon image standards as well as any applicable category-specific image guidelines.
- When creating a product detail page, provide only information that pertains to the features of the product in general, not the condition of your particular item. Product detail pages may be used by any other seller to list the same product. When listing an item for sale, sellers must use the offer listing pipeline. Within the offer listing pipeline, sellers are provided an opportunity to note their item's condition, quantity, price, and other seller-specific details that are relevant to a specific listing.
- Do not include HTML, DHTML, Java, scripts, or other types of executables in your detail pages.
Please use the e-mail address associated with your Amazon.com Seller account.