The following list of prohibited products comprises two sections:
- Prohibited Content
- Intellectual Property Violations
Listing prohibited content may result in the cancellation of your listings, or the suspension or removal of your selling privileges. Sellers are responsible for ensuring that the products they offer are legal and authorized for sale or re-sale.
If we determine that the content of a product detail page or listing is prohibited, potentially illegal, or inappropriate, we may remove or alter it without prior notice. Amazon reserves the right to make judgments about whether or not content is appropriate.
- Items not intended for distribution within the United States: Products that are specifically manufactured for, and identified as "not for distribution within the United States" cannot be sold on Amazon. In general, such products can only be sold in the country for which they are designated for distribution. This includes the following; imported text books and non-Region 1 DVDs and PAL-format videotapes.
- Illegal and potentially illegal products: Products sold on the Amazon.com website must adhere to all applicable laws. As sellers are legally liable for their actions and transactions, sellers must know the legal parameters surrounding any product they offer for sale on Amazon.com. This includes the sale of products by individuals outside the United States.
- Offensive material: Amazon reserves the right to determine the appropriateness of listings posted to our site. For more information about our policy on offensive materials, see Offensive Products.
- Nudity and pornography: In general, images that portray nudity in a gratuitous or graphic manner are prohibited. Amateur pornography, pornography, X-rated movies, and hard-core material including magazines are also prohibited.
- Items that infringe upon an individual's privacy: Amazon holds personal privacy in the highest regard. Therefore, items that infringe upon, or have potential to infringe upon, an individual's privacy are prohibited.
- Advertisements: Listings that are intended wholly or mainly as portals to commercial or private websites for the purposes of advertising, or that offer contact information for non-Amazon.com offers, particularly those with non-Amazon.com ordering tools or information are prohibited.
- Products made available by digital download: Amazon prohibits the listing of products that are made available by digital download, including codes that can be used to access content on other websites or platforms.
Intellectual Property Violations
- Counterfeit merchandise: Products offered for sale on Amazon.com must be authentic. Any product that has been illegally replicated, reproduced or manufactured is prohibited.
- Unauthorized and unlicensed merchandise: All items offered for sale on Amazon.com must be commercially produced and authorized or licensed for sale as a retail product. Read our rules for selling textbooks. (For exceptions to this policy, see Collectible Books Requirements.)
- Recopied media: Media products (books, movies, CDs, television programs, software titles, video games, and so on) that have been recopied, dubbed, duplicated, or transferred without permission of the rights holder are illegal to sell and are prohibited. This includes:
- Books: Unauthorized copies of books are prohibited.
- Music: Bootleg copies, unauthorized live concerts, unauthorized soundboard recordings, unauthorized merchandise, and so on, are prohibited.
- Movies: Unauthorized copies of movies in any format are prohibited. Unreleased/pre-released movies, screening copies, trailers, unpublished and unauthorized film scripts (no ISBN number), electronic press kits, and unauthorized props are also prohibited.
- Photos: Unauthorized copies of photos are prohibited.
- Radio programs and concerts: Unauthorized recordings or copies of recordings of radio programs are prohibited.
- Software: Recopied or duplicated software in any format is prohibited. Academic, OEM, back-up, fulfillment, promotional, beta (pre-release), unauthorized freeware/shareware, and softlifted versions of software are prohibited. Read our rules for selling software.
- Television programs: Unauthorized copies of television programs (including pay per view), programs never broadcast, unauthorized scripts, unauthorized props, and screening copies are prohibited.
- Video games: Video games sold on Amazon must be full retail versions. Recopied and transferred video games are prohibited. Mod chips, silver disks, video game emulators, Sega boot disks, game enhancers, unauthorized video game compilations, unauthorized bundles of video game products, and unauthorized accessories are also prohibited.
- Transferred media: Media transferred from one format to another is prohibited. This includes but is not limited to films converted from NTSC to Pal and Pal to NTSC, laser disc to video, television to video, CD-ROM to cassette tape, from the Internet to any digital format, and so on.
- Promotional media: Promotional versions of media products, including books (advance reading copies and uncorrected proofs), music, and videos (screening copies) are prohibited. These products are distributed for promotional consideration and generally are not authorized for retail distribution or sale. (For exceptions to this policy, see Collectible Books Requirements.)
- Rights of Publicity: Celebrity images and/or the use of celebrity names cannot be used for commercial purposes without permission of a celebrity or their management. This includes product endorsements and use of a celebrity's likeness on merchandise such as posters, mouse pads, clocks, image collections in digital format, and so on.
Please use the e-mail address associated with your Amazon.com Seller account.