Product Bundling Policy
Bundles: General Policy
Well-designed product bundles provide convenience and value to buyers. Adhering to this policy, including the below guidelines for the creation of bundles, will help Amazon.com customers locate specific bundles more easily, and prevent duplicate or near-duplicate listings.
Sellers can create bundles composed of different products to create a new bundled product. Bundled products may be listed in all categories except Books, Music, Video, and DVD (collectively, BMVD) and Video Games. Bundles are only allowed when the primary product in the bundle is not a BMVD or Video Games product. For example, you can list a bundle composed of a yoga mat (the primary product), a yoga DVD and a yoga book, but you cannot list a bundle composed of a yoga DVD and a yoga book.
The referral fee applicable to the product category in which the bundle is listed will apply to the entire bundle.
All bundles are subject to review for appropriateness and relevance. Amazon may in its sole discretion determine whether any bundle complies with this policy. Failure to adhere to the policy, including the below guidelines, may result in the removal without notice of any bundled product listing, account suspension, or both. Amazon reserves the right to modify or revoke this policy at any time.
- Bundle Basics
- Bundles must consist of items that are highly complementary and provide a value to the buyer when compared to the individual items purchased separately.
- All products in bundles must comply with the Product Listing Policies.
- A bundle may only be listed in a single category, even if the products comprising the bundle are from multiple categories. If a bundle does include products from multiple categories the bundle may only be listed in the single category to which the highest priced item in the bundle best relates, excluding any BMVD or Video Games product, even if it is the highest priced item in the bundle.
- If you list a product bundle, you must accept the entire bundle as a return and make a refund of the item as a single unit.
- A bundle cannot contain any separate warranty products or extended service plans.
- Bundle images, features, and descriptions must adhere to all listing policies. For example, as with single products, information specific to a seller is not allowed in product descriptions. Include only information about the products in the bundle.
- Each bundle must have its own unique identifier (such as UPC, EAN, GTIN, or Manufacturer Part Number). For example, the UPC of any individual product in the bundle may not serve as the UPC for the bundle. You are responsible for obtaining a new UPC for each bundle you create. NOTE: Use of the UPC from any single product in the bundle to identify the entire bundle may lead to immediate removal of the bundle listing.
- When a Bundle is Not a Bundle
- If the bundle is actually a multi-pack of the same product, then do not list it as a bundle. Use the options for displaying items with different package quantities.
Example: A 3-pack of AA batteries is a multi-pack, not a bundle.
- If the bundle is actually a variation of a parent product, then do not list it as a bundle. Use the options for displaying variations based on the relationship criteria for the specific category.
Example: The sizes small, medium and large of the red, blue, and green versions of a product are variations (children) of a single product (parent).
- Bundles may not be listed in any BMVD category, or in Video Games, and you may not create a bundle whose primary product is a BMVD or Video Games product. For example, you can list a bundle composed of a yoga mat (the primary product), a yoga DVD, and a yoga book, but you cannot list a bundle composed of a yoga DVD and a yoga book. In other words, the primary product in a bundle must be one that belongs in a category other than BMVD or Video Games, but it is OK to have BMVD and Video Games products as components of a bundle if they are related and complementary to the primary product in the bundle.
- If you match your bundle to an existing bundle listing, the products in your bundle must be exactly the same as the products in the existing bundle in every respect; you may not change the components of the bundle listing. If your bundle is different in any way, you must create a new bundle listing instead of matching to the existing bundle.
- Once you create a bundle, you may not modify the components of the bundle. If you want to add or remove products from the bundle, you must remove the listing and create a new bundle listing with a unique UPC, or match to an existing bundle listing that is identical to your revised bundle. The detail pages for removed bundles may or may not remain on the website for other sellers to list against.
Bundle Listing Content
- Include the word "Bundle" and the number of items in the bundle in the product title.
Example title: Bundle – 3 items: Tote Bag, Knit Scarf and Gloves - Blue
- The first feature bullet must state that the product is a bundle of "X" number of items and include identification of the products in the bundle.
- The description must also state that the product is a bundle and identify the specific products included in the bundle (with appropriate designators such as model number, color, and size).
- The main image for the bundle must include all of the exact products in the bundle, and only the products in the bundle. Images of representative products are not permitted.
Please use the e-mail address associated with your Amazon.com Seller account.