Holiday Selling Guidelines in Toys & Games
To maintain buyer confidence in Amazon this holiday season, we are implementing holiday selling guidelines for the Toys & Games store.
Effective November 18, 2014, only those sellers who meet the following performance criteria will be eligible to sell in Toys & Games from November 18, 2014 through the first week in January 2015. Webstore sellers are also subject to these guidelines:
Your orders that use Fulfillment by Amazon will not be subject to the holiday season restrictions provided your account is in good standing.
- Your first sale on Amazon.com must be prior to September 18, 2014; The sale does not need to be specific to the Toys store.
- You must have processed and shipped at least 25 orders between September 1 and October 31, 2014. The orders do not need to be specific to the Toy store.
- Your pre-fulfillment cancel rate must be no greater than 1.75% from October 1 through October 31, 2014.
- Your late shipment rate must be no greater than 4% from October 1 through October 31, 2014.
- Your order defect rate must be no greater than 1% short term as of November 1, 2014. An order has a "defect" if it incurs a negative feedback, an A-to-z Guarantee claim or a service credit card chargeback. Your order defect rate is defined as the number of orders with a defect divided by the number of orders in the time period of interest. Order defect rate is the key measure of your ability to provide a good customer experience.
You can find your Customer Metrics in your seller account. If your performance does not meet the above criteria, we encourage you to take corrective action.
Eligibility for the selling in the Toys & Games store is determined separately for each country. If you sell in multiple marketplaces, your performance metrics will be evaluated for each country.
We will provide final notification about your eligibility to sell in the Toys & Games store by the middle of November 2014. Beginning November 18, 2014, we will monitor the performance and listings of sellers who are approved to sell in Toys & Games during the holiday season. Amazon Services reserves the right to cancel listings, remove selling privileges, and prohibit the sale of specific products to maintain a marketplace that is safe for buyers.
Here are some steps you can take to remain eligible to sell in Toys & Games throughout the holiday season:
- Monitor your customer metrics and take corrective action if necessary. Learn more about customer metrics.
- Utilize Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) to ship products to your customers.
- Check your orders frequently in the Manage Orders section of your account.
- Minimize order cancellations; don't show more stock for sale than you have available to ship.
- Ship orders and confirm shipment in a timely manner.
- Ensure your seller policies are up to date.
- If you work with outside drop-shippers, solidify their SLA commitments for providing prompt shipping confirmation.
Please use the e-mail address associated with your Amazon.com Seller account.