Fire Phone Promotions – FAQs and Terms & Conditions
12 Months of Prime Introductory Promotion for Fire PhoneLast Updated: 6/17/14
For a limited time, Fire phone comes with 12 months of Prime included. When does this promotion expire?
This is an introductory offer that will only be available for a limited time. How quickly does my new Prime membership begin after I purchase a Fire?
Prime membership benefits are applied during setup of your Fire. Once you register your Amazon account on the device, membership is effective immediately. You will receive an email as confirmation that Prime benefits have been applied to your account. How long do I have to activate my year of Prime included with my Fire purchase?
Prime is activated immediately upon registering your Amazon account with your Fire device. This means that the first time you set up and use your Fire, Prime will be activated as a result. What if I’m already a Prime member?
You’re still eligible. Prime members who purchase a Fire will receive an additional year of Prime when their existing membership is up for renewal. For example: if your next renewal date is June 1st 2015 and you purchase a Fire, we will give you an additional year of Prime at no charge, making your next paid renewal date June 1st 2016. If I buy more than one Fire, will I get more than one additional year of a Prime membership?
Yes, you will receive one year of Prime for each Fire you purchase. For example: if you buy three Fires and register all three devices under a single account, we will apply 3 additional years to your account. I have more than one Amazon account, which one is eligible for one year of Prime?
When registering your device, you will be prompted to enter your Amazon account information. We will apply a full year Prime membership to this account. Are Prime Fresh members eligible (In cities where Prime Fresh is available, e.g. LA and San Francisco)?
Yes, Prime Fresh members are eligible. Prime Fresh members will have the option of keeping their existing Prime Fresh membership with a 4-month extension (this is the equivalent value of one year of Amazon Prime) or changing to Prime (without Fresh) and receiving a full year of Prime. After registering their Amazon account with their Fire device, Prime Fresh members will receive a welcome email that describes how to select their preferred option. Are Amazon Student members eligible?
Yes, Amazon Student members are eligible. Amazon Student members will have the option of keeping their Amazon Student membership and receiving a year extension of that membership type applied to their account or changing to Prime and receiving a year of Prime applied to their account. After registering their Amazon account with their Fire device, Amazon Student members will receive a welcome email that describes how to select their preferred option. Are Amazon Mom members eligible?
Yes, Amazon Mom members will remain Mom members and receive a year of Prime applied to their account. What if I am in a 6-month Amazon Student free trial or a 3-month Amazon Mom free trial?
You are eligible. When you register your device, we will immediately upgrade you to a full year of Amazon Student (with Prime benefits) if you are in a 6-month Student free trial, or immediately upgrade you to a full year of Amazon Mom (with Prime benefits) if you are in a 3-month Mom free trial.What happens if I return my Fire?
Once your return has been processed, the unused portion of your promotional Prime membership (that came with your device purchase) will be canceled. This will not affect any portion of your paid Prime membership.
What if I use my Fire but then later decide to give or sell it to another person? Do they get a year of Prime as well?
- If you were a new Prime member with the purchase of your Fire, your promotional Prime membership will be canceled.
- If you were an existing Prime member and you have not begun your promotional year of Prime with your Fire purchase, your promotional year will be canceled and you will continue with your existing Prime membership.
- If you were an existing Prime member and you have begun your promotional year of Prime with your Fire purchase, the following will occur:
- If you have auto-renew setting turned on, your promotional year of Prime will be canceled and you will be renewed into a paid year of Prime at $99.
- If you have auto-renew setting turned off, your promotional year of Prime will be canceled and you will no longer be a Prime member.
No, only the first Amazon account registered to your Fire (during the promotional period) will get a year of Prime applied.Will I be charged once my year of Prime runs out?
If you are not a Prime member when you purchased your Fire, you will not be charged when your year of Prime runs out. If you would like to continue your Prime membership beyond the year included with your Fire purchase, please turn on auto-renew within Your Account > Your Prime Membership
. What happens if my device is repaired or replaced under warranty?
Your Prime will continue from when you first registered your original Fire device. You will not receive a 2nd year of Prime if you receive a warranty replacement device.How can I tell if Prime has been applied to my account?
Please check your auto renewal date within Your Account > Your Prime Membership on Amazon.com. Your new renewal date should be reflected in your account.What if I have more questions?
If you have additional questions that are not covered in this FAQ, please contact our online customer support here
.Additional Terms & Conditions
- This offer of one year of Amazon Prime has a $99 value. The offer is not exchangeable and not redeemable for cash.
- This offer is available to customers located and with billing addresses in the United States.
- This offer may be modified or canceled at any time.
- Normal data charges apply when accessing Prime Instant Video, Prime Music and other digital content over the cellular network.
- Please see www.amazon.com/primeterms for the terms and conditions that apply to your Prime membership. By registering your Amazon account on your Fire device or using your Prime benefits, you agree to the Prime Terms & Conditions.
Amazon Coins Introductory Promotion for Fire PhoneLast updated: June 17, 2014
For a limited time, Fire phone comes with 1,000 Amazon Coins (a $10 value) for apps, games and in-app purchases. Plus, you can save up to 10% on apps, games and in-app purchases by purchasing Amazon Coins.
Amazon Coins is a virtual currency for U.S. customers to purchase eligible apps, games, and digital in-app items. Learn more
about Amazon Coins. Additional Terms & Conditions
- Limited time offer. 1,000 Amazon Coins bundle will be added to your Amazon account when you register your Fire phone.
- Limit one bundle of 1,000 promotional Amazon Coins per Fire phone.
- Promotion is available only to U.S. customers.
- Amazon Coins can only be used to purchase eligible products through the Amazon Appstore. Coins are not transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Your 1,000 Amazon Coins expire on the last day of the calendar month one year after we give them to you (for example, promotional Amazon Coins we give you on May 15 will expire on May 31 of the following year).
- If you return or receive a refund for the Fire phone, we may revoke your 1,000 Amazon Coins (or, if you have already spent those Coins, deduct the same number of other Coins from your account or charge your credit card or other payment instrument for any products you purchased using those Coins).
- This promotion is void where prohibited by law.
- We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate or modify this promotion at any time without notice.
Unlimited Cloud Storage for Photos on Fire PhoneLast updated: June 17, 2014
Fire phone owners get free, unlimited photo storage, in full resolution, for all of their photos taken with Fire phone.Do I have to register my Fire phone to get free unlimited photo storage from Cloud Drive?
Yes. You will have to register your Fire phone with your Amazon account to enjoy this benefit.Will my original photos be uploaded?
Yes. Your photos will be uploaded and saved in your Cloud Drive account as-is. Can I upload just photos?
No. When you turn on Auto-Save, your Fire phone will upload both photos and videos.What happens to my video uploads when I go over my Cloud Drive storage limit?
When you go over your storage limit, your Fire phone will not upload your videos. Photos taken with your Fire phone will continue to upload and will not count against your storage limit. You can buy more storage or delete existing content on Cloud Drive to make room for videos to upload.I want to give my Fire phone to my daughter. Will she get unlimited photo storage?
Yes, your daughter will get the unlimited storage benefit when she registers the Fire phone with her Amazon account.Will I lose photos and videos I have uploaded previously when I give away my Fire phone?
No. You can continue to view and download your photos and videos uploaded from your Fire Phone from Amazon Cloud Drive. When you buy a new Fire Phone, the photos and videos from your previous Fire Phone will get downloaded when you register your phone with your Amazon account.I am an existing Cloud Drive customer; will I get unlimited photo storage for my Fire phone?
Yes. When you register your Fire Phone, you will automatically enjoy unlimited storage for all the photos you take with your Fire Phone. Your Cloud Drive account will reflect this new benefit.If I buy a new Fire phone, will I get unlimited photo storage again?
Yes. If you buy a new Fire Phone you will automatically receive unlimited photo storage for all the photos you take with your new Fire Phone. Additional Terms & Conditions
- Available only to customers located and with billing addresses in the United States. The unlimited photo storage benefit (the “Benefit”) is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash and only applies to photos taken and uploaded from a Fire phone registered to your Amazon account.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- We reserve the right to terminate or modify this offer at any time.