Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS
‹ Back to Help Community

Refund

5 replies Sort by

By Lauren Groce, 28-Mar-2013 20:31 PDT Permalink Report abuse

03/28/13 CHKCARDAMAZON MKTPLACEAMZN COILLWAUS $12.44,
This is still pending in my bank account, i cancelled the item within less then 15 mins, when I realized I didn't have the funds to afford it. I have cancelled items before and they never showed that the item or the amount was pending in my bank account, I want to make sure I don't get charged for an item that I was cancelled and that I will not be getting.

Thank you.

By Mostlee, 28-Mar-2013 20:39 PDT Permalink Report abuse

Has the order entered into the shipping process, or did you get an email conformation from amazon saying that the order was cancelled? Some of the order turnarounds are amazingly quick. Also, did you go back to your account, orders and see if the order is still in play?

Did this help answer the question? Please try again.

Thank you.

Thank you.

By Jonathan, 28-Mar-2013 20:40 PDT Permalink Report abuse

Lauren, if you were ordering from a third-party seller listing on Amazon, it's just an authorization. They drop off automatically after a few days.

When you order from Amazon directly, they charge you when the item enters the shipping process. That way, if there is a problem with your payment method, they simply don't ship your item.

Because sellers don't get paid until after they ship your item, when you submit a third-party order the hold is immediately placed so that the funds are guaranteed to be there when it comes time to pay the seller.

2 people think this reply helps answer the question. Do you? Please try again.

Thank you.

Thank you.

By Lauren Groce, 29-Mar-2013 11:21 PDT Permalink Report abuse

so then I wont get charged for the item, right?

Did this help answer the question? Please try again.

Thank you.

Thank you.

By Camille Burrell, 29-Mar-2013 12:11 PDT Permalink Report abuse

I need to find out how I would go about getting my refund. I cancelled my order but my funds were never refunded back. Its been 2wks. Please let me know how I would go about obtaining this refund/

1 person thinks this reply helps answer the question. Do you? Please try again.

Thank you.

Thank you.

By Crystal B. - Forum Moderatoramazon, 30-Mar-2013 12:59 PDT Permalink Report abuse

Thank you for helping out, everyone!

Camille - If your order was canceled, it shouldn't of been charged. What you're seeing may be an authorization. To find out more information regarding authorizations, visit our Help page here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=201132830.

If it has been longer than 10 business days, I recommend reaching out to our Customer Service team. You can get in touch with them by clicking the yellow "Contact Us" button on the right-hand side of this thread.

I hope this helps!

1 person thinks this reply helps answer the question. Do you? Please try again.

Thank you.

Thank you.

If you find this content inappropriate and think it should be removed from the Amazon.com site, let us know by clicking the button below. This will be sent to Amazon.com, and we will take appropriate action.
Thank you for your feedback.
There was an error with your request. Please try again.
Answer this question

This question

Total replies 5
Initial question 28-Mar-2013 20:31 PDT
Latest reply 30-Mar-2013 12:59 PDT
Please try again.