‹ Back to Kindle Help Community
This question is closed, and cannot accept new replies. Ask a new question.

Cannot post photos to Facebook!

27 replies Sort by

By H., 01-Apr-2012 19:47 PDT Permalink Report abuse

Since the latest Kindle Fire update I have not been able to post photos from my gallery to facebook. I click to select file, then select the photo, but when I get back to the share screen there is no file selected.

Thank you.

By Josh W. - Forum Moderatoramazonamazon, 02-Apr-2012 18:34 PDT Permalink Report abuse

I am sorry for the trouble you are having. I have reported this to our Kindle developers, and they are working on taking care of it.

Thanks for your patience.

5 people think this reply helps answer the question. Do you? Yes Please try again.

Thank you.

Thank you.

By Megan H. - Forum Moderatoramazonamazon, 09-Apr-2012 15:28 PDT Permalink Report abuse

We have a possible solution for this issue. Please try these steps and post again to let us know how it goes.

1. Launch the Facebook app
2. Tap on "Photo" in the upper toolbar
3. Select Upload/Choose File
4. Select Quick Office (rather than Gallery)
5. Tap Browse > Internal Storage
6. Locate the folder where the picture is saved and select the file.

7 people think this reply helps answer the question. Do you? Yes Please try again.

Thank you.

Thank you.

By Michelle Hathaway, 10-Apr-2012 09:08 PDT Permalink Report abuse

I am really frustrated that I cannot post pics to Facebook! I used to be able to, what happened and when will it be fixed?!

Did this help answer the question? Yes Please try again.

Thank you.

Thank you.

By D. Brown, 11-Apr-2012 06:48 PDT Permalink Report abuse

The Quick Office method above works OK for me to select the photo to upload to fb.

Thank you.

Thank you.

By Michelle Hathaway, 12-Apr-2012 02:49 PDT Permalink Report abuse

My photos are not in Quick Office...

Thank you.

Thank you.

By x, 12-Apr-2012 02:56 PDT Permalink Report abuse

Michelle Hathaway

Did you follow the instructions in Megan H. - Forum Moderators Post above?

2 people think this reply helps answer the question. Do you? Yes Please try again.

Thank you.

Thank you.

By A. Gilmore, 16-Apr-2012 23:53 PDT Permalink Report abuse

YAY!!!!!! THE QUICK OFFICE TRICK DID WORK! WOOT!! i am so excited that it worked that way. Thank you!!

Thank you.

Thank you.

By D. Brown, 30-Apr-2012 12:07 PDT Permalink Report abuse

I modified Amazon's suggested method:
1. Launch the Facebook app.
2. Tap on "Photo" in the upper FB toolbar (you can also do upload from Status and you can include a status message either way).
3. Select Choose File.
4. Select Quick Office (rather than Gallery).
5. Tap Internal Storage.
6. Locate the folder where the picture is saved (usually Pictures) and select the file by tapping on the filename (it usually ends with .jpg. Note that you will NOT see a thumbnail image like on a PC, only the filename)
7. Tap on Share in the upper FB toolbar to upload.
8. Wait for image file to upload (it's not instant, the browser tab will display "loading").
9. You should now see your photo as the latest update at the top of the News Feed OR at the top of your Status updates (Timeline).
10. This works in the Mobile view at m.facebook.com. Desktop view at www.facebook.com has a few more steps and requires the Silk browser to be set to Desktop: Optimize for desktop view.

2 people think this reply helps answer the question. Do you? Yes Please try again.

Thank you.

Thank you.

By s.lee trick, 02-May-2012 11:27 PDT Permalink Report abuse

i dont like having to that i cant see my picture before i upload it kf needs to work on that i like the gallery way better!!!!

Thank you.

Thank you.

By D. Brown, 02-May-2012 12:34 PDT Permalink Report abuse

You can also use the free ES File Explorer app to select images. It shows thumbnail images next to the filenames).

5/4/12 Update: From ES File Explorer, tap Menu > Settings > File Settings and check the box for "Show Image Thumbnail." If you want slightly larger thumbnails, tap Menu > Settings > View, and check the box for "Icons."

1 person thinks this reply helps answer the question. Do you? Yes Please try again.

Thank you.

Thank you.

By s.lee trick, 03-May-2012 19:18 PDT Permalink Report abuse

Its still not showing me what pic it is what's am I doing wrong

Thank you.

Thank you.

By D. Brown, 04-May-2012 04:25 PDT Permalink Report abuse

Sorry, I forgot that I enabled image thumbnails awhile ago. From ES File Explorer, tap Menu > Settings > File Settings and check the box for "Show Image Thumbnail." If you want slightly larger thumbnails, tap Menu > Settings > View, and check the box for "Icons."

1 person thinks this reply helps answer the question. Do you? Yes Please try again.

Thank you.

Thank you.

By s.lee trick, 12-May-2012 17:27 PDT Permalink Report abuse

Okay so now when I click to add a picture to fb its says my device doesn't support photo uploads wth is up

Thank you.

Thank you.

By Michelle Hathaway, 12-May-2012 17:38 PDT Permalink Report abuse

Mine is saying my browser doesn't support uploads...bull. When is Amazon going to fix this? Very frustrating!!!

Thank you.

Thank you.

By s.lee trick, 13-May-2012 10:21 PDT Permalink Report abuse

I know they should be updating it not ruining it!!! This is bs never again I shulda just got a labtop I was going to get one of these for my sister but now I'm not so sure

Thank you.

Thank you.

By D. Brown, 13-May-2012 16:35 PDT Permalink Report abuse

I get the same error message from fb now. This issue seems to coincide with the 6.3.1 update. I'm able to upload to fb mobile (m.facebook.com) from the Gallery app using the Maxthon browser so I think it's a Amazon Silk problem. I can upload to the fb desktop site (www.facebook.com) with the Silk browser. This may indicate that the problem with the Gallery app is fixed but now there may be a problem with the Silk browser with fb mobile.

Thank you.

Thank you.

By m.@!!@!_q@!@!@!@!@!@!a, 13-May-2012 17:42 PDT Permalink Report abuse

I cant post pics?!!! I'm over the kindle fire...completely

Thank you.

Thank you.

By Ruth Guerrero, 18-May-2012 00:37 PDT Permalink Report abuse

In reply to s.lee trick

12-May-2012 17:27 PDT

Okay so now when I click to add a picture to fb its says my device doesn't support photo uploads wth is up

I have the same problem! Please Amazon fix it!

Thank you.

Thank you.

By Michelle Hathaway, 18-May-2012 01:34 PDT Permalink Report abuse

I went with the Kindle over the Nook because I figured Amazon would have better support. Was I wrong?

Thank you.

Thank you.

By Ruth Guerrero, 18-May-2012 17:53 PDT Permalink Report abuse

In my kindle fire the problem now is total: no load up pictures in facebook; no link sites in pinterest; and finally don't open any URL; but the page appear in the carousel like open!!

Thank you.

Thank you.

By rugbyfiend, 22-May-2012 21:19 PDT Permalink Report abuse

Sorry, your browser does not support photo uploads. Please consider the option below:

Thank you.

Thank you.

By Ruth Guerrero, 22-May-2012 21:28 PDT Permalink Report abuse

Before the problem I ussually up loaded photos to facebook from my kindle fire

Thank you.

Thank you.

By Michelle Hathaway, 22-May-2012 21:28 PDT Permalink Report abuse

rugbyfiend...what option?

Thank you.

Thank you.

Deleted by author on 22-May-2012 21:30 PDT

If you find this content inappropriate and think it should be removed from the Amazon.com site, let us know by clicking the button below. This will be sent to Amazon.com, and we will take appropriate action.
Thank you for your feedback.
There was an error with your request. Please try again.

This question

Total replies 27
Initial question 01-Apr-2012 19:47 PDT
Latest reply 30-Jan-2014 09:57 PST
Please try again.