‹ Back to Kindle Help Community

can not use kindle keyboard to post on facebook

2 replies Sort by

By Cathy, 08-Jun-2012 23:28 PDT Permalink Report abuse

using my kindle keyboard wifi i can log in to facebook. it shows as m.facebook. but i can not post on anything. not even my own pagges. is this a facebook problem or a kindle problem? i am using my kindle for this. ans i cant find anything to work around the problem. if i try facebook it takes me back to the mfacebook. help please if you have an answer. if it is facebook maybe you can contact them and find an answer. i know that i am not the only one with this problem.

Thank you.

By Will K. - Forum Moderatoramazon, 09-Jun-2012 15:48 PDT Permalink Report abuse

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble accessing Facebook from your Kindle, Cathy. The web browser on the Kindle Keyboard is experimental. Which means that websites may not always display properly, and that not all features will work.

What I'd suggest is checking the browser settings to make sure Javascript is enabled. You can do that by pressing the "Menu" button while in the web browser, then selecting "Browser Settings". If you see "Enable Javascript", select that to enable it. That may help to take care of the issue you've been having.

Hope this helps, feel free to come back and let us know!

3 people think this reply helps answer the question. Do you? Yes Please try again.

Thank you.

Thank you.

By Cathy, 09-Jun-2012 23:07 PDT Permalink Report abuse

I have tried that and disabling it as well. So far as i can tell it might be the m.facebook url that shows up that is the problem, because if i can get on a facebook page without the m in the url i can post. but then as soon as i try to go anywhere in facebook from that page it puts the m in the url. and the touch.facebook just comes up with an error for the page.
I was hoping you might have an answer, but thankyou for trying.

2 people think this reply helps answer the question. Do you? Yes Please try again.

Thank you.

Thank you.

If you find this content inappropriate and think it should be removed from the Amazon.com site, let us know by clicking the button below. This will be sent to Amazon.com, and we will take appropriate action.
Thank you for your feedback.
There was an error with your request. Please try again.
Answer this question
Answer this question

Submit answer

This question

Total replies 2
Initial question 08-Jun-2012 23:28 PDT
Latest reply 09-Jun-2012 23:07 PDT
Please try again.