‹ Back to Kindle Help Community

different accounts, but want to share

4 replies Sort by

By Angus P. Gallagher, 29-May-2012 21:22 PDT Permalink Report abuse

Just purchased a basic kindle for my brother in the UK, and would like to share the books I've already purchased without sharing an account (I don't want to have to pay for all his future purchases). Is there a way to tie our accounts together, or ensure purchases he makes are made via his card and mine by mine?

Thank you.

By *~*Pineapple*~*Kindle Forum Pro*~*, 29-May-2012 21:51 PDT Permalink Report abuse

Angus - Is your Kindle registered on the .co.uk website (I notice you're in Hong Kong)? Your brother will need to use the .co.uk website since he's in the U.K.

Post back and I may have an idea or not depending upon your answer.

1 person thinks this reply helps answer the question. Do you? Yes Please try again.

Thank you.

Thank you.

By Angus P. Gallagher, 30-May-2012 02:08 PDT Permalink Report abuse

Pineapple - Nope, he's in the UK and I'm in Hong Kong with an account registered to .com.

Did this help answer the question? Yes Please try again.

Thank you.

Thank you.

By *~*Pineapple*~*Kindle Forum Pro*~*, 30-May-2012 06:10 PDT Permalink Report abuse

Angus - Then I'm afraid the answer is that you can't share an account since you both will need to be registered to different websites. Amazon determines which website you can use based upon where your credit card and billing address are located. This is due to international copyright and digital licensing laws.

You could possibly allow each other to register to the other's account occassionally and download books off of each others accounts. But this would involve each of you having access to the other's account information in the form of user name(email address) and password. However, this really isn't in the spirit of the terms of service with Amazon.

1 person thinks this reply helps answer the question. Do you? Yes Please try again.

Thank you.

Thank you.

By A. Dietz, 30-May-2012 06:40 PDT Permalink Report abuse

Agnus said: "and would like to share the books I've already purchased without sharing an account"

If you don't want to share an account, there is no way to "tie" your accounts together so you can share books.

Did this help answer the question? Yes Please try again.

Thank you.

Thank you.

If you find this content inappropriate and think it should be removed from the Amazon.com site, let us know by clicking the button below. This will be sent to Amazon.com, and we will take appropriate action.
Thank you for your feedback.
There was an error with your request. Please try again.
Answer this question
Answer this question

Submit answer

This question

Total replies 4
Initial question 29-May-2012 21:22 PDT
Latest reply 30-May-2012 06:40 PDT
Please try again.