We're sorry. Functionality for this page is not supported in Internet Explorer 8 or older. Please upgrade the latest version of Internet Explorer, Chrome, or FireFox.
I was looking for a portable speaker to drive my iPod loud enough to be heard in an open hangar.
I read a review of the iPA03 in the 9/15/07 Seattle Times and it looked like this would work. I searched on line and found it listed at Best Buy. I was hoping to try it, and pick it up and go. But it had been listed out of stock for some time with no idea when they could get it.
I tried Amazon and immediately found it in stock and ordered. It arrived within 2 days and also delivered more then I expected.
* It was cheaper then at Best Buy.
* It provides a rich full sound for the iPod. I also tried a portable CD played in the RCA plugs and it sounds great.
* It also charges the iPod when it powered by AC. (it also runs on a self container battery.)
* The karaoke function is and added bonus that's a lot of fun to play with. Just que up the song and back down the volume on the iPod input crank up your volume and you are singing with the stars.
* It's fairly solid, over 40 lbs on wheels with an airport styled wheelies toater pop up handle.
* It also has a plug in to use as a guitar amp.
* The mike could be used as a PA for meetings, playing harmonica with the music or an anywhere speaker system.
On the needs improvement side the white case is almost too nice looking.
I don't know how long I can keep it looking that way in our hangar. I wish it also came in black. It wouldn't show the dirt.
The directions/instructions are worthless.
I saved the review from the Seattle Times 9/15/07 and it was more helpful exploring all the things this unit does.
Overall, I highly recommend this item. It does so many things, and does them well.