I was a little concerned because I have a Western Digital router and wanted to have the same SSID on this AP as on that router, and people had said the configuration was difficult.
It was really easy.
1. Plugged the UniFi into the back of the router
2. Plugged my laptop into the back of the router
3. Downloaded the software from UniFi, started it, it opened a browser window.
4. In the UniFi configuration UI, entered the same SSID and password that I was already using, and created an admin username and password.
5. Actually did another step (not required) - configured the AP to use a specific channel due to neighbors
Much better range and speed… Read more